Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shoehorn

ixus wrote:
    Hmm, can't find newtown hall. May have made a mistake. Dowdstown developments and kelston for another 200 properties behind lidl.

Planning refused for Kelson lidl development. Didn't look at reason yet

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

I recently looked this up - Few reasons given for this (and I may not have them all here)

1. Positioning and size of houses along the boundary wall with Griffin Rath
    2. Houses with driveways directly on the proposed new ring road section seen as being high risk
    3. Insufficient responses to info requests on traffic impact (especially at the Straffan Road Lidl Junction)
    4. The need to establish the current cause of some flooding on the land in question

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Does anyone in the estate use Vodafone broadband? Just wondering if it is available and if it is any good?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

shoehorn wrote: »
    Planning refused for Kelson lidl development. Didn't look at reason yet

Appealed to ABP.

Anyone know anything about the development opposite Tesco? Are there houses built there yet? I don't pass regularly but I heard it said here that there was pp for a mixed development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Anyone know anything about the development opposite Tesco? Are there houses built there yet? I don't pass regularly but I heard it said here that there was pp for a mixed development

Appears to be large apartment complex. Going up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Appears to be large apartment complex. Going up fast.

The buildings along the roadside are definitely houses/townhouses and not apartments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theyre profoundly ugly 4 or 5 beds rather than apartments I believe. Laptop's too small to work through the planning file from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 metrohm

They are called Limetree Hall.

Aha - thanks

Link to MyHome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

They appear to be flying up and they are very very close to the road. Planning permission seems to be for 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Will be interesting to see the price they go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Don't recall if mentioned here before but Castlepark 2 failed at appeal to ABP. Heard a rumour they had got it today so checked online. Rejected in December. Traffic congestion, concerns about Rye river and layout of estate listed issues.

ixus wrote: »
    Don't recall if mentioned here before but Castlepark 2 failed at appeal to ABP. Heard a rumour they had got it today so checked online. Rejected in December. Traffic congestion, concerns about Rye river and layout of estate listed issues.

Maybe they could reconfigure the estate, although it wasn't exactly the highest density option. I mean, if it had been a mixed development with a lot of apartments the traffic implications would have been much worse.

This is probably good news for people in Castlepark: less traffic on that road and less supply of large detached 4-beds.

Drove by those houses opposite Tesco today. Flying up indeed - and, as somebody said already, very close to the road. I see the chunk of land a bit further along that road (heading towards to Leixlip) is also marked SOLD for residential. More house on the way presumably.

I see the chunk of land a bit further along that road (heading towards to Leixlip) is also marked SOLD for residential. More house on the way presumably.

That bit further down is an interesting one - it was sold under licence by NAMA. The builder pays for it as houses are sold. If they don't have houses for sale within two years they forfeit it back

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/nama-set-to-dispose-of-ready-to-go-housing-sites-around-dublin-1.2234668

There have been ground investigation works there when I've passed so I expect them on site very soon to comply with that rule.

The village is going to be a bit of a nightmare when all these units come up. Imagine if even another 20 cars need to get to the boys school for the same time. It's a long walk for primary school kids. Secondary students can walk/cycle I suppose but rainy days will be madness.

Walked a similar to further (1.8km vs 1.7km at the absolute furthest extent of that estate) distance to that primary school myself; although the constantly increasing size of schoolbags even back then has likely continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Got an email from Coonans this morning, looks like someone is selling up:

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/47-castlepark-square-maynooth-co-kildare/3511817

Kathy22 wrote: »

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/47-castlepark-square-maynooth-co-kildare/3511817

242k + 13.5% vat =275k March 2013

399k asking = approx 124k or 45% higher in 3yrs.

Nice for them if they get it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Lazy EA listing, it shows the map location in Athy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Bargain.....will possibly go over half million.

• Advertisement

Galego wrote: »
    Bargain.....will possibly go over half million.

Are you the seller?!

Why do you think it will go for over half a million? (Apologies if you were being sarcastic and I missed it)

Are you the seller?!

Why do you think it will go for over half a million? (Apologies if you were being sarcastic and I missed it)

I was trying to be sarcastic but perhaps I failed! :-(

I think you need to be out of mind to pay anywhere near 399k eur for that semi. But then again we live in a country with 20% of mortgages in arrears.........so anything is possible!

Ahhhh...

Sorry - didn't read that properly :)

I was once a house-hunting in north Kildare and learned that some agents routinely price properties way above those set by others.

The same agents also appear much less likely to drop asking prices but then you find the house on the price register a year later at pretty much the same prices as neighbouring houses.

It's just a tactic but I don't see much evidence that it works. If anything, I used to find it off-putting and wouldn't view their houses - until I realised they weren't serious.

If I were selling a house, I'd prefer a realistic agent who will test the market with a reasonable price and wrap up a deal once all potentially interested parties have had a chance to view it.

Two reasons I think. It isolates the serious bidders. It conditions you to high prices in the area.

A decent looking semi in Parklands traded at 435k around Nov. A similar one,maybe lesser standard asking 450 now. And today, a kip of one relative is up for 440k. Should be trading sub 400.

Is there such a pool of people looking to buy these 450k houses within the below circumstances?

Deposit around 100k
    Steady annual House income 100k
    No kids

That is using the new ECB rules……..

Is there such a pool of people looking to buy these 450k houses within the below circumstances?

Deposit around 100k
    Steady annual House income 100k
    No kids

That is using the new ECB rules……..

Double-Intel staff with share options vested - there's lots around. Income could be 160k combined

L1011 wrote: »
    Double-Intel staff with share options vested - there's lots around. Income could be 160k combined

Crap! I work in the wrong company then!

ixus wrote: »
    Two reasons I think. It isolates the serious bidders. It conditions you to high prices in the area.

A decent looking semi in Parklands traded at 435k around Nov. A similar one,maybe lesser standard asking 450 now. And today, a kip of one relative is up for 440k. Should be trading sub 400.

I guess it works them in the sense that they don't have to show the house as often, even if the house takes longer to sell.

However, I rang about a house they have in Celbridge which was over-priced, in my opinion. It had been online for ages so I rang to ask if they would entertain 50k below asking. "Absolutely not; would rather withdraw it than sell below [asking minus 25k]"

Now, nearly a year later it's sale agreed for 10k less than I had asked about. We have bought in the meantime. I won't post the link as I know the people who are sale agreed and don't want to cause trouble - can send it by pm (not that it matters).

Moral of the story: they could have sold it quicker and, arguably, for a higher price if they had been a bit more flexible. But I'm sure they'll say it took their client a long time to accept that they were not going to get the asking.

Crap! I work in the wrong company then!

HP and the college would also have some people on that sort of cash

Maynooth and surrounding areas are very wealthy by national standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 catsjammies

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone owns a marmalade and white cat in the estate?
    He has no collar - but I've noticed today he has a swollen eye (possible scratch) and it looks quite nasty. Also an oil stain on his coat :(

Does anyone know if he has an owner? I've tried taking him to the vet but he outsmarts me when attempting to put him in the carrier. He's very friendly otherwise.

Advertisement