Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Meat - Back...

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching Chanel 4's new comedy drama Fresh Meat? It stars Joe Thomas (Simon in the Inbetweeners) and Jack Whitehall. Seems to be a bit of a slow starter, but I reckon it could get quite funny!

Anyone else watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

just finished watching it,seemed ok ,has potential so will give it a few weeks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched it just for Kimberley Nixon, and I think she was pretty much the best thing in it.

I loved Joe Thomas in The Imbetweeners, but he is pretty much just playing a slightly less awkward Simon. Jack Whitehall is an annoying posh twat so it wasn't much of a stretch for him acting wise to play an annoying posh twat.

There seemed to be too many characters and at times it seemed a little unsure of exactly what it wanted to be. But it was the first episode and often they are purely for setting up the series, so I guess I'll give it a second go.

I liked the Oregan girl or whatever she was called and Josie but could've been doing without the black girl and the Scottish guy. JP is annoying but I guess he serves a purpose. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I watched it with a few others and they all seemed unsure of it, I thought it was really good. I can see it getting very popular. I don't agree with too many characters though, it was pretty much the 6 main characters, and the Jesus girl!

I don't agree with too many characters though, it was pretty much the 6 main characters, and the Jesus girl!

I think there were too many characters to get to know/like in the 35/40 mins it was on. But like I said it was only the 1st episode and they had a lot of setting up to do. Over the course of how ever many episodes they have I'm sure they'll spend more time on each of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Definitely has potential. I'll watch it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I agree that Joe Thomas seems to be playing a slightly less awkward verion of Simon. If anyone saw his Comedy showcase (also on Channel 4) called Chickens (with Simon Bird, Will from the Inbetweeners) he also played a very awkward, lovesick character, haven't really seen much variation from him!

But as was said, it's only the first episode so I'm trying not to judge anything too harshly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I enjoyed it. Found some of the characters(/actors?) annoying but will definitely keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Simon got another Carly to pine for in this :p

I watched a bit of it again last night and it wasn't that bad the second time. I think I was expecting something else so it was slightly disappointing the first time, but once I knew what to expect it was more enjoyable.

Looking forward to watching it tomorrow to see if it picks up the pace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I expected more from the writers, but I'll stick with it. It was aesthetically nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

I didn't think it was great but I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and see how it gets on!

Just tuned in now! Almost completely forget about it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

i thought it was ok. That Kimberley wan is a looker alright!

I thought lasts nights was better than last weeks! Wasn't expecting that from Josie!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yeah, defo better. The whole thing is quirky and a little different. I'm liking it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭culsoh

Goddammit - I missed it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

culsoh wrote: »
    Goddammit - I missed it :mad:
    4od is your friend!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fresh-meat/4od

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The running gag involving Russell Brand's Head was hillarious, but other than that, freshers throwing a house party is a plotline that's been done a million times before.

icdg wrote: »
    freshers throwing a house party is a plotline that's been done a million times before.

Yeah but luckily it didn't take the route of 'ohh lordy, we've wrecked the house and the owner will be here in *looks at watch* TEN MINUTES!'..cue music montage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

very very meh

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Its not a bad show. like ye said its got potential. that fella who shagged the blondie is some pig

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

I hate to admit I was wrong but Jack Whitehall is brilliant in this! “An embarassment of bitches”....as good as any quote from the Inbetweeners.

So lads.....Josie or Oregon?

Also this lad who's never seen (Paul I think his name is). His identity probably wont be be revealed in the series finale...Im guessing!? But I'm betting it'll be an Inbetweener actor (possibly the guy who plays Neil).

Thought the second episode was much much better, I even liked that Vod one. Her mixing up the two guys was quite funny. "I'm not racist for Asians, I'm just slutty." and Oregan's thing about often waking up and not knowing she had a penis or whatever it was. I proper laughed a few times.
    Jack Whitehall was much more likable in this episode too, probably because the other two posh guys were even worse than him.

My only problem with it now is Joe Thomas. I loved him on The Inbetweeners, but I can't see him as anyone but Simon, and Kingsley is pretty much Simon without the influence of Jay and Neil.

JohnP199 wrote: »
    I hate to admit I was wrong but Jack Whitehall is brilliant in this! “An embarassment of bitches”....as good as any quote from the Inbetweeners.

So lads.....Josie or Oregon?

Also this lad who's never seen (Paul I think his name is). His identity probably wont be be revealed in the series finale...Im guessing!? But I'm betting it'll be an Inbetweener actor (possibly the guy who plays Neil).

If it turned out to be Neil id absolutely shit a brick!!!!!
    Thought the second episode was much much better, I even liked that Vod one. Her mixing up the two guys was quite funny. "I'm not racist for Asians, I'm just slutty." and Oregan's thing about often waking up and not knowing she had a penis or whatever it was. I proper laughed a few times.
    Jack Whitehall was much more likable in this episode too, probably because the other two posh guys were even worse than him.

My only problem with it now is Joe Thomas. I loved him on The Inbetweeners, but I can't see him as anyone but Simon, and Kingsley is pretty much Simon without the influence of Jay and Neil.

Having trouble with that myself, mainly cos the characters are quite similar!

Imagine if it was Mark Corrigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Loving it! Think its great, I think it will be one of the next tv seris like misfits & skins...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

am finding it fairly meh...may keep watching in the hope it improves.

The characters really suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just watched the first episode.. really liked it actually!

I've always thought Jack Whitehall was funny, but he's excellent in this!

Very impressive first episode.. now onto episode 2.

And it didn't hurt that they ended the first episode with one of my favourite songs:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

Basq wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode.. really liked it actually!

I've always thought Jack Whitehall was funny, but he's excellent in this!

Very impressive first episode.. now onto episode 2.

And it didn't hurt that they ended the first episode with one of my favourite songs:

If you thought Jack Whitehall was excellent in the first episode then you should love the second episode. JP
    brilliantly supported by Ralph and Toby!
    steals the show IMO.

Advertisement