Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-liquid mixing - tips and suggestions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

is anyone else not all that bothered with recipes? I'm just gona throw whatever I think might be nice into a bottle and see what happens. for some reason i think.. .. cola and banana?

I've been thinking about concocting a few recipes.
    I can confirm that raspberry and pear work well together, and a bit of fine-tuning would probably make a decent vape out of chocolate and green mint (equal amounts leaves a bitter aftertaste! )

Cola and Banana I'm not so sure of, tbh.:D I think I'd be more inclined to try vanilla with the cola, and try apple, raspberry or pear with the banana.
    But that could be me being unimaginative, and just sticking to what I know works when cooking...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Hey that looks usefull, is their an android version?
    Gona look an report back if I find one, if you know of one let us know.
    Some apps for Android:

Simple e-liquid calculator
    http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/simple-eliquid-calculator_xpim.html

simple-eliquid-calculator-10-1.jpg

simple-eliquid-calculator-10-2.jpg

e-Liquid Calculator
    http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/eliquid-calculator_fkab.html

eliquid-calculator-10-1.jpg

eliquid-calculator-10-2.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/totally-wicked-e-liquid/176478-totally-wicked-cookbook-app-android.html

There is also many apps for PC.
    One is called "eJuice Me Up"
    http://www.fileguru.com/EJuice-Me-Up/info

ejuice_me_up_home___personal_food___beverage-104095.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

juices arrived today, as did my new atomisers

ooh fun fun fun

--edit

hrm, banana flavour smells lovely on its own

but I put in about 2ml 36mg, 2ml 0mg and about 30 drops of banana flavouring.. and.. there's only the slightet hint of banana when I vape

alright, nevermind that.. for some reason it took a few vapes for the banana flavour to come through.. nice stuff. very nice stuff.

---edit

might be a stupid question but.. how the hell am I meant to use the pippetes? :D

http://www.inawera.com/pipette-f2-new-ml-set-of-pcs-p-158.html

it looks like it should be a dropper, but the bottom of the nozzle is sealed off
    ive just been pouring it in slowly, and then pouring it from the pipette into the bottle

is that right?

might be a stupid question but.. how the hell am I meant to use the pippetes?
    From the website;
    After filling and tightening bolts to use to cut the upper part of the injector pipette. Truncated cone of the pipette, measuring enables repeatable droplets of the liquid contained in the package. After cutting the tip of the dispenser closure of the packaging protects the special sleeve drips contained in the pipette.
    Make of it what you will.

• Advertisement

yeah i saw that when i was buying them but i was mightily confused

i guess I just snip the tip off the end of the injector bit? pretend my pippette is jewish?

gona use this post for a few first impressions

banana flavour.. it smells *amazing*, but weirdly the flavour of the vape is inconsistent. I put 2ml 36mg, 2ml 0mg and in the end I used about 40 drops over all of the banana flavouring but there's only a small hint of banana when I vape. it's nice, but not what i was expecting.. they are so cheap, I might just throw another 20 drops into the bottle and see if that improves it

pineapple flavour .. so good.. so good... soooo good
    2ml 36mg 3-4ml of 0mg and 20 drops of pineapple. the flavour itself smells delicious, and the vape has a very satisfying pineapple flavour to it. I might throw another 10 drops in later, just because I'm a glutton.
    ok i added another 10 drops and now the pineapple flavour is.. just a small bit overpowering. still nice, but.. next time I might stick around 25 drops. definitely reccomend this flavour anyway, and I'll be buying 10ml of it with my next order

coffee paradise. i like it.
    2ml 36mg, 3-4ml 0mg. i put in 20 drops first, and it was a nice flavoured vape, dropped in another ten and the flavour strengthened quite a bit. There is.. more than a hint of coffee, i can't really describe it. It's... an aftertaste more than anything else, but the vape feels.. smooth. It's definitely very nice, I've had juices that tasted more coffee like but they weren't as nice to vape.
    ok i added another 10 drops, so 40 in total and this is her. this is definitely her. it tastes kinda like.. a weak coffee, its not very strong or anything but the flavour is bang on. and the vape remains as smooth and excellent as before.
    dont get it if you want a real strong coffee flavour vape, but if you want a nice vape that does have a taste of coffee to it.. this is excellent. in the future i'll probably try added a bit of the caramel, or maybe some of the espresso to it.. see if that strenghtens it up.

ok, i added about 20 drops of espresso flavour and by thors balls.. this is a coffee vape. just as nice as it was before, but where the last one was a mild flavoured coffee this is just.. black as hell and super strong.

i split my coffee juice between two bottles, added a bit more 36/0mg juice to fill it up and then added some caramel flavour to one of them. pretty glad I split them up now as the resulting juice wasn't that great. dunno how to explain it, but its not coffee, and it's not caramel. it's harsh as all hell.

weirdly, I ordered 5ml bottles and 2ml pipettes.. but im able to fit 3 full pipettes into a bottle and still have loads of room left over to drop the flavour in. maybe they gave me the 1ml pipettes by mistake but.. they look too big to be just 1ml

im currently debating what flavour to try next... one of the coffees maybe.. or the caramel

----edit

the pineapple that was almost too strong dripping into the 510 is kinda too weak in the regular dual coil.
    crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Off topic but when I saw this thread listed under latest posts, I honestly thought ye were smoking E tabs or something! :o

friend of mine tried that once.. she enjoyed it, i always thought it was a waste of a pill

juices arrived today, as did my new atomisers

ooh fun fun fun

--edit

might be a stupid question but.. how the hell am I meant to use the pippetes? :D

http://www.inawera.com/pipette-f2-new-ml-set-of-pcs-p-158.html

it looks like it should be a dropper, but the bottom of the nozzle is sealed off
    ive just been pouring it in slowly, and then pouring it from the pipette into the bottle

is that right?

Sod that - it sounds like a royal pain!:(

I got my pipettes from easy e-liquid - and they look nothing like those!

I did have to cut off the bottom of the nozzle (like with a tube of silicone). I'm assuming they've left you to decide for yourself whether you want drops or pouring size holes?
    Just cut the thing as near to the narrow tip as possible -that way you can always cut further up if you want larger drops, or whatever.

With the easy e-liquid ones,(3ml) you just insert the pipette into whatever type of bottle you want to extract flavour/e-juice from, and squeeze the bubble at the top.

Looking at those things, with a length of 7cm, I'm guessing you should cut the tip off, and just squeeze the sides to fill/empty the thing.
    I'm still trying to figure out why you might need a screw top where the bubble bit is on mine - does the pipette have measurement units on the side, like a syringe?
    If not, maybe they expect you to use a syringe to measure larger amounts? If so, it kind of defeats the purpose of the pipette, for small quantities anyway.

Dying to hear your opinion of the cocopilada, btw.

• Advertisement

there's no markings on the side so I just fill it up with the nic juice and then tip it over into the empty 5ml bottle
    it's not ideal, but it's a handy enough way of measuring stuff out

the top isn't a screw top, it just slots into the top. its not particularly sturdy or anything so it seems kinda.. silly

i didnt get the cocopilada this time, my order had already been finalised by the time you reccomended it. but I'll be keeping it in mind for my next order. very satisfied with mixing my own juices now, so I'll definitely be doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Wah hoo :0-) Im in mixologist heaven...
    Agree about the pipettes ..?? I just looked at them and thought ...Wha...it does point up that to mix effectivly I need to scource an effective method of delievering the correct ammount of flavour and base mix...
    Thoughts so far.. Well packaged , order correct ,shipped on the 21st arrived today ... Some lovely smells ...
    1st recipe

Mint Cola.rec
    Nicotine Strength e-JuicePG50%VG50%36mg
    Target Nicotine Strength16mg
    Amount to Make5ml
    Water/Vodka/PGA0ml
    MentholPG0%VG0%
    colaPG0%VG0%

Nicotine eJuice2.22ml44 Drops44.4%
    PG1.24ml50%25 Drops24.8%
    VG50%1.24ml25 Drops24.8%
    Water/Vodka/PGA0ml0 Drops0%
    Menthol0.15ml3 Drops3%
    cola0.15ml3 Drops3%

Nice Sweet Cola High note needs more mint rather then menthol very little troat hit,

knocked my bottle of 36mg juice off the desk and it fell perfectly onto my knee, didn't spill a drop. nearly gave me a heart attack though

Thank God it didn't, t'would be the first e-cig death.

So the mixing? Good value or just fun? Will you vape it all or will some/most of it be the equivelent of my wifes cooking. A bit more/less garlic/chillie an it would be just right.

so far i've filled 5 5ml bottles, only 1 of them turned out disgusting.

well, maybe disgusting is a bit harsh but.. i dont like it at all. the rest, some of them weren't ideal but they were nice and I'll definitely be vaping them. I'm not sure if I trust any of them in one of my 5ml cartos just yet.. i'm going to keep running through through the normal sized dual coils for the time being.

I guess the easiest way to say it is i'm already thinking about what juices to get with my next order. for 30 odd euro of stuff. I've got about 400ml of 12mg juice (100ml 36mg, 300ml 0mg) and the flavourings themselves are dirt cheap so.. yeah it's going to end up working a lot cheaper, provided I can pick up some nice tobacco flavours with my next order. whenever that's going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

This mixing sounds like good fun. Would one of these kits be ok do you think?

http://www.esmokeclub.com/eLiquid-DIY-Mixing-Kit-Advanced-DIYKIT-ADV.htm

bridgemond wrote: »
    This mixing sounds like good fun. Would one of these kits be ok do you think?

http://www.esmokeclub.com/eLiquid-DIY-Mixing-Kit-Advanced-DIYKIT-ADV.htm

Expensive!

incredibly expensive
    for a tiny bit more, I got 400ml of juice, some 5ml bottles and about 8 flavours

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    I've just ordered this stuff from inawera:

BOTTLE 25 ml. Dropper SET 5 PCS. - COLORLESS
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "VIRGINIA" - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR PEPPER MINT 5 ml.
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 12 mg/ml

OK, picked up my kit from the post office today and just gave it a go.

I added 60 drops of clear liquid, with 4 drops of mint and 2 drops of tobacco.

The virginia flavour is horrible. It smells a bit like soy sauce and has a really odd nearly savoury taste (as in very food-like, not as in pleasant). I could just stick with the mint on its own, but I think I'd like a tobacco taste underneath it.

Still, at that price I can afford to get a load of different prices and try them out. E13 for 30ml of pre-mixed stuff delivered is just too pricey in the long term I think, so I'm willing to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Got my order in yesterday too.
    50/50 VPG base mix 18mg, 0mg VPG 50/50 base, strawberry, cocapildaa and some RY4.

Mixed up a few 5ml of each of the flavours.
    Not a great success as yet i must say.

Mixed 4ml of 18mg and 1ml of strawberry and was hoping for a better result.
    Taste was not outstanding and not extremely noticeable and maybe the 50/50 is a weak balance and probably 75% PG and 25% VG is the way to go as i think PG is better for soaking the flavour juice? as well as throat hit which is not a problem.

The ejuice calculator said to mix it at 4ml 18mg nicotine juice and 20% flavour strawberry at 1 ml to keep it at 18mg.
    So am thinking more percentage flavour is needed before mixing more and if i go 30% flavour that would be 3.5ml nic juice and 1.5ml flavour but that would weaken the overall strength and use alot of flavour i would of thought but not according to the calculator regarding overall nic stregth :confused:
    ftokf4.png
    sdpopw.png

Will mess around a bit more with them and hopefully get it right on one of the flavours to continue mixing my own. Might get a bottle each of PG and VG for a 3/4 PG and 1/4 VG mix and see what hapens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wow, you're quite scientific about this stuff Derra!

I put in some extra juice and just some drops of mint to try and dilute the taste of the Virginia, but there's still a very bitter and chemical-like after taste, which is quite unpleasant. I hope it's not the mint that's giving that.

I've just ordered these flavours, so I'm hoping I'll find one (or a combo) that I like. If not, I'm not sure I'll bother trying more self mixing.
    E-FLAVOUR " TOBACCO NATURAL MINT" - 5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "CHOCOMINT" - 5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR BLACKCURRANT - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR COLA - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR LEMON-5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "TABACCO" - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TWO APPLES - 5ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Wow, you're quite scientific about this stuff Derra!

I put in some extra juice and just some drops of mint to try and dilute the taste of the Virginia, but there's still a very bitter and chemical-like after taste, which is quite unpleasant. I hope it's not the mint that's giving that.

I've just ordered these flavours, so I'm hoping I'll find one (or a combo) that I like. If not, I'm not sure I'll bother trying more self mixing.

:D
    Was thinking that as i was writing it Eoin, seriously don't wanna get too heavy into the mixing. Just want a quick and cost effictive solution for a couple of flavours.
    But defintely worth reading up a on a few sites about mixing juices etc before your order comes in again. Kicking myself for not getting separate bottles of VG and PG but will add some more flavour and see what happens to what i have.
    Hope the flavours you ordered work out for ya.
    Ordered a bottle of juice from Bestshop today for backup anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

hi derra your flavour percentage is VERY high most of the inawera flavours are @ about 3% here is another guide to flavourart flavours
    http://www.ecigvape.com/flavor_guide.php
    Of course Flavour is a personal thing but Im making up some lovely mixes using no more then a couple of drops of specific flavours

i got the cola and lemon flavours from inawera, the lemon is lovely.. pretty much just like vaping a lemon but the cola... while it smells nice, it tastes like .. acid or something. It is remarkably unpleasant

ta - that might be a short lived experiment so. Looking forward to the lemon one.

I did a slightly weaker pepper mint mix on its own last night, and while it was better - it was still lacking something. Even as a backup liquid, it was a bit meh.

On another note - how do people test their own mixes? I don't want to go through tons of carts before I find something that I like. It looks like you can flush out a DCC by running warm water through it and blowing out the excess - is that the best way to do it?

I'd imagine that dripping onto a standard atomiser would make sense, but that never seemed to work for me.

i bought a 510 atty after I made my inawera order, and used it to drip onto while i was mixing my juices
    one thing I noticed was something that tastes perfect on a 510 atty w/ dripping can taste kinda muted on a dcc, so I tended to make my juices overpowering for athe 510 and hope the reduced flavour on a dcc evened it out well.

also, be careful with the lemon stuff.. whatever I did, i killed my 510 atty with it. it still vapes, but no matter what juice I put in there everything just tastes of lemon :D

Thanks, might try that. All the bits & pieces add up pretty quickly.

Amigaman wrote: »
    hi derra your flavour percentage is VERY high most of the inawera flavours are @ about 3% here is another guide to flavourart flavours
    http://www.ecigvape.com/flavor_guide.php
    Of course Flavour is a personal thing but Im making up some lovely mixes using no more then a couple of drops of specific flavours

I generally use about 4 drops of flavouring (of the Inawera flavours) , then add 16 drops of juice. (Lazy woman's way!:P) 16 drops +4 drops = 20 drops , or about 1ml.

On the other hand, I've used 8 drops per ml of English toffee flavouring from easy e-liquid, simply because I'm a sucker for toffee, and the flavour was very nice, but just not strong enough for my taste.
    That mix was nice enough to make me order another 3 x 3ml english toffee flavouring again today. With shipping at €5.85, it came to €9.80 for 9ml of flavouring.
    I think I'll wait until/if I need more e-juice before I buy any more flavours there!

I have found Inawera flavours strawberry to be a bit underwhelming. Nice for the 1st drag or two - then tasteless. I need to experiment a bit with that one - I just haven't had time lately.

I also ordered some more VPG 18mg, 4x cocopilada, 1 pear, 1 pineapple, 2 banana, and 1 pinacolada flavouring from Inawera.

Another mix I've tried is 2 drops lemon, and 2 drops key lime, lorann flavours from easy e-liquid with 16drops e-juice. It's very like 7 up, but with a very acidic note to it. It's nice enough to make me want to get the mix right, but not so nice that I'd order any more unless I can get rid of the acidic bite. It was hard to clear the atty of the taste, too. I just soaked it in water, and the OH used a spare till it dried out.

I'm dying to "create" a rum and butter toffee flavour. It'll have to wait till we order from the US, though, unless i can find a butter or cream flavour somewhere before then. I have some leftover 18mg rum juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Thanks, might try that. All the bits & pieces add up pretty quickly.

I use a cisco LR306 with a drip tip to taste stuff LOL,also leaveing a mix to age a while from a week to a month changes it dep on flavor,iv tasted a diferance after even a few hours

• Advertisement

E-FLAVOUR " TOBACCO NATURAL MINT" - 5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "CHOCOMINT" - 5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR BLACKCURRANT - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR COLA - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR LEMON-5ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "TABACCO" - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR TWO APPLES - 5ml.

These arrived today - I want to order some new carts before I try too many of them out so I don't ruin the couple I have left, and also so I can compare properly. I'll update with some proper reviews once I've done some mixing, but here are some initial impressions:

Apple smells lovely from the bottle, and is a nice vape too. Just like an applejack penny sweet some of you might remember. Blackcurrant also smells really good - I haven't tried it on its own, but mixed some in with the apple flavour, which is a nice combination. I'm using quite a strong mix (40 drops of clear / 4 drops of apple / 2 drops of blackcurrant) so far as I think the tobacco mint stuff has gotten me used to quite a strong flavour.

Chocomint smells vile - a bit like Hershey style chocolate, so not sure if I'll even bother.

Tobacco mint is actually labelled "Natural mint" so not sure if it is a mix or not.

"TABACCO" doesn't smell as gross as the virginia stuff, so will try making my own tobacco mint mix with the peppermint I originally bought.

Cola smells OK-ish from the bottle, but I can imagine it might not be that nice, as Sir Digby said.

Not much of a smell from the lemon, but hoping it will be a nice flavour.

Advertisement