Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Adverts sub-forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I think you may be misunderstanding how the forum works. To a large degree it is self-policing. It is impossible for the mods to read everything and in most cases our attention is drawn to something by people reporting stuff. If nobody reported things, the moderation would become very ineffective.
    I get it. After 1300+ posts in this forum I ought to. However, the mods are the authority here and dobbing someone else in just doesn't sit right with me. However, I'll try to conqour this weak misplaced conscience of mine and hopefully become one of the greatest dobbers this forum has ever seen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Final call for comments - we'll be closing this thread this evening

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,763 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We have had no objections to the proposed rule changes which we will implement wef 1 October. The "totting-up" proposal will only include "offences" committed on or after 1 October (although we will not ignore the history of posters who have committed serious offences previously - if you've already had a ban from the sub-forum, don't be surprised if you get one for further offences irrespective of the totting-up process)

In terms of the other issues mentioned by posters:
    • Include a link to the rules in every new thread - this would probably be a pain to police (I really don't fancy handing out cards because someone forgets to include such a link), and tbh everyone should read the rules before posting (in any forum) anyway - ignorance of the rules will never be accepted as an excuse for breaking them
    • Lemag's proposed alternative basis of dealing. This had no general support. It needs to be borne in mind that we are allowed the sub-forum by concession, and it's rules were required to be based on those applied by adverts.ie. Although we have been able to tweak the rules, such a fundamental change would require the agreement of the "Powers that be", which I suspect would not be forthcoming, and may indeed precipitate a further review of whether we should be allowed the sub-forum at all
    • Minimum post requirement - this is not something we could automatically apply without a change to the software, which is unlikely to get support given other priorities of the software development team. There is also the danger that posters will spam other forums to get their post counts up, negating any perceived benefit. Ultimately it's a case of "Buyer Beware" and posters may take into account post counts when considering who they may wish to deal with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement