Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains in Films

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Come on - you've got to be kidding! How did you get that?

What about the exact location then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Come on - you've got to be kidding! How did you get that?

What about the exact location then? :D

Hertfordshire. UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

The '800' in the poster in background is at the top of the poster instead of the bottom, where it's supposed to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

silver streak [Removed Image]

I thought that it might be hard to guess but I see now that a poxy Google image search brings up the answer. :D

Here's an on the platform scene at the same location with a giveaway British carriage in the background.

Happy+Ever+After+Still.jpg

Anyway, I was interested at the attention to detail in the previous scene - from the CIE poster boards to the actual CIE poster in the background. Irish stations have frequently been used to impersonate British ones (Great Train Robbery etc.) but the opposite have been quite rare apart from the rather obvious "Oh Mr.Porter" which was shot on part of the Mid.Hants line near Winchester. Any other ones - anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

silver streak with gene wilder and richard pryor

Silver%20Streak%20-%20Gene%20Wilder%20-%20Richard%20Pryor.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Anyway, I was interested at the attention to detail in the previous scene - from the CIE poster boards to the actual CIE poster in the background. Irish stations have frequently been used to impersonate British ones (Great Train Robbery etc.) but the opposite have been quite rare apart from the rather obvious "Oh Mr.Porter" which was shot on part of the Mid.Hants line near Winchester. Any other ones - anybody?

Mr Porter was shot on the Basingstoke to Alton line, not the Mid Hants line. The loco "Gladstone" was from the independent Kent and East Sussex Railway (pre-preservation of course) and ran to Hampshire on it's own wheels. Some of the shots of Gladstone out of control were shot in Basingstoke Goods Yard.

corktina wrote: »
    Mr Porter was shot on the Basingstoke to Alton line, not the Mid Hants line

Pedant. :P

Pedant. :P

accurate though.... in fact last time I look the station at Cliddesden is still there in a coal merchants yard , mind you that was a few years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basingstoke_and_Alton_Light_Railway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I dont think this film got a mention yet.

The Great St. Trinians Train Robbery. The last section of the film has a very exciting (for the time) railway sequence. I reckon it was only made possible due the railway it was shot at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longmoor_Military_Railway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

mrporter.jpg

you're wastin yer time...

next trains gone...

Advertisement