Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX oriental shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

SexyGuy wrote: »
    If it's any help..It's on the site of the old Turners Cross Motors/MSL. It's right next to Woodies DIY. (On the left as you face it)

You will see the petrol station,and CX is actually "attached" to the left hand side of the building as you look at it.

Which direction would you be coming from?

coming from tramore road direction so im assuming , take a left at the end of tramore road and the next right??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

coming from tramore road direction so im assuming , take a left at the end of tramore road and the next right??

Yes...Take a left at the lights as you face Woodies..

After you turn the corner,it's about 10/15 yards,,and you will see the petrol station on the right.

As I said earlier,CX is "attached" to the left hand side of the shop. (Great Gas Service Station).

thanks , hoping to get some rice paper and some rice vinegar and will see what else they have

got what i wanted in there today, selection looks good, i will be returning.

got what i wanted in there today, selection looks good, i will be returning.

Same here...

The store is smaller,,but it has everything We need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

is this place still open???

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

tinner777 wrote: »
    is this place still open???

I believe so yes.

There is also a place now in the CoalQuay, across from the Garda Station.

And there's also a new place not far from CX on the Curragh Road. Pinoy Oriental Shop

It's right next to the Tool Hire shop..

I have not been in there though, so no idea what stuff they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The place on the coal quay is great. A lot better quality or prices than the CX just parking and that is annoying

Milly33 wrote: »
    The place on the coal quay is great. A lot better quality or prices than the CX just parking and that is annoying

Yes,,agreed..

If your with someone you could double park in a car for a few minutes.

If not, it's park up somewhere else and walk.

It's worth it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Does anyone use Mr Bells in Togher (I think...) - what's it like? Good selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

CX at Kinsale Rd. is still open (today).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

oakshade wrote: »
    Does anyone use Mr Bells in Togher (I think...) - what's it like? Good selection?

I go there for all my spices & dried herbs...great selection of sauces too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

are these guys still around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

oakshade wrote: »

I go to Mr Bell's in the English Market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Sam Mac wrote: »
    are these guys still around?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but im trying to find info about this place ,anyone know if its still open and have the address please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but im trying to find info about this place ,anyone know if its still open and have the address please?

It shut down about 2 years and theres a gym there now. They relocated a very small section of the shop to the great gas station next to woodies, dunno if its still there or not. I went in once and didnt go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

.red. wrote: »
    It shut down about 2 years and theres a gym there now. They relocated a very small section of the shop to the great gas station next to woodies, dunno if its still there or not. I went in once and didnt go back.

Thanks for the info,i will call into Jia Jia then they look to be still open anyway

The place they moved into to be honest was fairly crap they are still there I am nearly sure..

Youd be better off calling to the place on Coal Quay maybe they have great stuff and are so nice there

• Advertisement

The place they moved into to be honest was fairly crap they are still there I am nearly sure..

Youd be better off calling to the place on Coal Quay maybe they have great stuff and are so nice there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think the one next to the garage is closed now or else shrunk into the garage shop.

Jia Jia on Cornmarket St is a great shop, there's another smaller Asian shop just around the corner on the quay and a new one about to open between the two on the corner.
    A Chinatown in the making!

Advertisement