Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Fancy Dress Costume You've Ever Seen?

Options
  • 16-09-2011 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I'm looking for ideas for a fancy dress. Theme - famous couples!

On a side note, the best fancy dress I ever heard of was a guy who dressed like hannibal lecter, complete with straight jacket and mask. He was wheeled into a pub and stood proped against the wall all night sipping his drink through a straw! That takes some beating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am dressing up as a bunny for halloween. i am gonna fuck shit up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Chicken carrying a man in a cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Saw a girl dressed as supergirl once, she was so so hot! Only thing was she appeared to be going out with Batman. Felt sorry for Spiderman though, costume looked awkward for a night of superhero drinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I know two guys that went as a woman giving birth, you just need a 6ft long thin cardboard box and a headless mannequin. Dress the mannequin up and spread the legs. Have two holes cut in the box for the performers heads and bingo, celeb on a bed giving birth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

stylie wrote: »
    I know two guys that went as a woman giving birth
    That pic is all over the internet.

OP, Just go as the twin towers, then get 2 friends other to go as air planes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Saw a guy who made his own Venom costume one year. He had the mask made, and it was all horrifying and it was awesome. Someone told me before that it was actually MegaChin but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Sometimes the feces i leave in the toilet is so big that I have to bleach all around it to slide down the pipes in order not to back up the facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

close the thread, we have a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Some dressed up as a breast for the DCU Halloween Ball '09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Sometimes the feces i leave in the toilet is so big that I have to bleach all around it to slide down the pipes in order not to back up the facility.
    ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Girl dressed up as Barbie with the whole pink box, thought it was very orignal.
    Hulk is good too, bit green paint, of ripped shirt, small pants, and ripped shoes and your sorted.

There was a guy down the pub last halloween in a transformers costume, but it actually transformed. When he got on his knees and elbows and tucked his arms in, he was a tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laalaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

There was a guy down the pub last halloween in a transformers costume, but it actually transformed. When he got on his knees and elbows and tucked his arms in, he was a tank!

If by the pub, you mean YouTube, and by 'last hallowe'en, you mean 'not Halloween at all', then I saw that too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Best I've seen is the milk carton from the Blur-Coffee&TV video at an IADT ball a few years back.

Second best was a girl I know who dressed up as a giant, bloody fanny pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Might be before your time, OP (or not! Who knows!) but saw someone in England dressed up as Vic Reeves from this sketch based on Loyd Grossman...still, without a shadow of a doubt, the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I'm working on the costume for this Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Deadbook./

Theres also one of me as Animal that I made, but none of just me I think. Ill make a scour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Chicken carrying a man in a cage.

Or similarly

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Im going to a fancy dress 40th next weekend as a geisha, years ago when sister sledge released 'frankie' I went to a fancy dress in a nun costume with a sledge hammer on my shoulder as sister sledge hammer. I won five pounds, I think the organisers felt sorry for me carrying the sledge hammer around, haha was worth it a fiver was a fortune to me at the time.
    I like the prisoner costume with the ball and chains around the ankles, bit dodgy if you get drunk though.

Opps sorry that didnt answer your question at all, how about Al Capone and his missus, easy to do and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tron man will always be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

billbond4 wrote: »
    Girl dressed up as Barbie with the whole pink box, thought it was very orignal.
    Hulk is good too, bit green paint, of ripped shirt, small pants, and ripped shoes and your sorted.

If you were in AIT 2 Years ago, I think that could have been my friend ha ha!!She won two comps with that, very impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Derekmcauley7

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Best I've seen is the milk carton from the Blur-Coffee&TV video at an IADT ball a few years back.

Second best was a girl I know who dressed up as a giant, bloody fanny pad.

Was it me??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a guy in the wright venue had a way cheaper version of the transformer one posted above, it did transform though into a car the same way, and he got something like a grand for best costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Rubber Bandits... cheap, easy, effective!! No farting around with paint, toilet roll tubes or stickt back plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

One of the best I've ever seen was 2 birds dressed up as a box of Tampax in Donegal a few years ago. Crap photo though (I was drunk at the time)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13738_1173202405307_1085455273_30536094_769833_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I didn't see it personally but some college students in the US did something like this :

Dressed up like 3 grandmothers, made a fake door contraption thing,

They would knock on your door - you open your door to see a fake door infront of you. The fake door would then open and you would have 3 grannies in front of you saying 'oh what a lovely costume' and give you some sweets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Advertisement