Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange sensations and visions

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

So I've just started looking at lucid dreaming and tried to enter such a state a few times now. The last 2 times the following happened:

1. Lying on my back and total paralysis, a terrible pain in my abdomen, below my ribcage on the left side, that seemed to be pulsing through my whole body. I didnt have any vivid visions persay, just the blackness as you would with your eyes closed but a terrible Witch like face forming in the darkness. Akin to a wraiths queen from stargate Atlantis I guess - http://creamymagicalworld.free.fr/Images/wraith_queen.jpg .
    The mouth would be exactly like that.

I calmed down after about 15 seconds and realised what was happening. I tried to smile and the vision of the witches mouth smiled too, making me think it was me controlling it. I then regained the feeling in my limbs but j was still paralysed for about 10 seconds before i started to relax. At which point I woke up with mild pins and needles everywhere.

The other time I was having a seemingly normal dream, but when I realised it was a dream I got the same type of pain in my waist on the right side before I woke up.

Both occasions were in under 15 minutes of me trying to go to sleep.

Are the pains common in this too or is it just me? I know that visions and paralysis are common enough and I've had them both before along with the eerie, terrified feelings, but only started with the pains in the last 2 episodes.

#1 was tonight and #2 was last night.

Advertisement