Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Sleeping Well and Vivid, Disturbing Dreams

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:23pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm normally a heavy sleeper who needs about 8 hours of sleep per night but the past few days I've been out of kilter and unable to get really deep sleep. I have also been dreaming a lot more.

I know that dreaming is done in REM (light) sleep so I suppose that there's a link there. What is disturbing is that some of my dreams have been real nightmares.

For instance, I dreamt last night that I was staying at my sister's house and that she had a vicious, poisonous dark green coloured snake as a pet. The snake bit me at one point and tried to lunge at me and attack me several times as I gingerly walked past it - and later on the snake tried to get into my bedroom under the door. It was very, very unpleasant.:(

Then I dreamt that I was on a ferry boat off the coast of Donegal in brilliant sunny weather except that Donegal now had a big sea inlet on its northern coast and there were craggy, rocky islands dotted within this inlet that contained small towns on them. When I arrived at one of these island towns, the locals refused to tell me when the last ferry of the day was leaving for the mainland.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Couple of my friends said the same a few weeks ago, probably something going around. Its stopped for them after about 10 days.

Advertisement