Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education (BTEA) - Has your payment been switched yet?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had their payment switched to BTEA yet?

I applied last year and am now going into year two. I dropped the form they sent out at the end of the college year back with the accompanying proof of college return around 4 weeks ago. College kicked off this week so I'm assuming my payment will be switched over when I'm paid tomorrow.

Has anyone that gets paid Tuesday or Wednesday already been switched? If so when did you apply? Also has anyone already received the Annual Cost of Education Allowance (€500) yet? I know they say you get it usually in Oct but I remember talking to someone last year who said he'd gotten it right at the start of September as he was only renewing.

Just curious to know what I'll be expecting tomorrow

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had their payment switched to BTEA yet?

I applied last year and am now going into year two. I dropped the form they sent out at the end of the college year back with the accompanying proof of college return around 4 weeks ago. College kicked off this week so I'm assuming my payment will be switched over when I'm paid tomorrow.

Has anyone that gets paid Tuesday or Wednesday already been switched? If so when did you apply? Also has anyone already received the Annual Cost of Education Allowance (€500) yet? I know they say you get it usually in Oct but I remember talking to someone last year who said he'd gotten it right at the start of September as he was only renewing.

Just curious to know what I'll be expecting tomorrow

Thanks

hows it going, im wondering pretty much the same thing, i usually get paid on a weds from the post office and i went over to collect it just now and they said nothing is there for me and that it might have been paid into my bank account but nothing in there from them either. my friend was on BTE last year and said thurs was his payday for it so im hoping its in my bank account tomorrow, if not i dont know what to do really.

as for the 500 the woman in the social welfare in cork said that is paid mid way through oct, thats as much as i know or ive heard on that.

if you get switched over tomorrow could you let me know and ill do the same in case there is different pay days for people..?

best of luck with it.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

hows it going, im wondering pretty much the same thing, i usually get paid on a weds from the post office and i went over to collect it just now and they said nothing is there for me and that it might have been paid into my bank account but nothing in there from them either. my friend was on BTE last year and said thurs was his payday for it so im hoping its in my bank account tomorrow, if not i dont know what to do really.

as for the 500 the woman in the social welfare in cork said that is paid mid way through oct, thats as much as i know or ive heard on that.

if you get switched over tomorrow could you let me know and ill do the same in case there is different pay days for people..?

best of luck with it.!!

Well last year my date got switched from getting Tuesday jobseekers to Thursday BTEA. I asked about it and they told me everyonengets Thursday BTEA. But then again someone I know got paid Wednesday and wad on BTEA so if haven't been paid then it's looking good for you being switched over tomorrow for it.

Check your account tomorrow morning or late tonight and if it's not there then it could be in the post office. Although there usually able to tell you a day or two before if there's a payment for you for a certain day in the post office. Last year when I went up on my normal tuesday to get paid she said nothing here for you but there's a payment for Thursday so that's how I knew.

Had to ring up and get them to switch over to the bank for me.

Hoping for them to pay the annual allowance quick this year last time I didn't get mine till the first week of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

The exact same thing has happened to me too, I went to sign on Tuesday as normal and was told I didnt need too, only to find no money in the bank or post office. Tried calling the office but no answer.So will check tommorrow I suppose.

The exact same thing has happened to me too, I went to sign on Tuesday as normal and was told I didnt need too, only to find no money in the bank or post office. Tried calling the office but no answer.So will check tommorrow I suppose.

Well if you haven't been paid into the post office then I'd say it's a safe bet to say you've been switched over to BTEA. If you opted to be paid into the bank then check your account first to see if they've paid you.

I did originally ask to be paid into the bank but they switched my payment and kept me in the post office until I asked again. So don't get alarmed if it's not in your account. Just check the post office first before going up to complain. With a bit of luck we'll all be changed by tomorrow morning :D

Bank Account was credited. However I didn't get the full €188 I got €109.70. I dunno what the reasoning behind this is. I'm hoping it was just a once off. Gonna wait till next week to see what I get and then If it's the same I'll take a visit. Hopefully they bump me back up to the full amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

I didn't get the full €188 I got €107.90.

I didn't get the full amount either - they only gave me 177.30.

I know it's only a tenner but I could certainly do with it at this stage of the year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Interestedparty

I didnt get anything, just checked my bank.....:confused:

Michael.. wrote: »
    I didn't get the full amount either - they only gave me 177.30.

I know it's only a tenner but I could certainly do with it at this stage of the year. :(

I'd prefer your amount to mine :D

I've been receiving the reduced amount of €100 all summer so I'm livin for this to start again, that €100 is **** I can't believe they expect people to live off it.

So I really hope they didn't decide to change the rules again this year and means test on age. Coz I'd have no chance of getting by in college on that. I dunno what them cowboys are up to with their dodgy payments.

Rang up earlier on the bloke said he didn't know why I got a lower amount something went wrong on their systems but I'd get the full amount frommnext week on and any extra's they owe me which he meant the money I was short of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

2 fella's in my class from ballymun got told der getting der 200 in d nxt 2-3 weeks der waiting to pay ppl to make sure der staying in first b4 dey pay out:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RainbowRed

Rang up earlier on the bloke said he didn't know why I got a lower amount something went wrong on their systems but I'd get the full amount frommnext week on and any extra's they owe me which he meant the money I was short of this week.

this happened to me last thursday, its very frustrating, still haven't told me why it wasnt fully there!:mad:

RainbowRed wrote: »
    this happened to me last thursday, its very frustrating, still haven't told me why it wasnt fully there!:mad:

I got my full amount but never got the money I lost out on in the first place. Which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

did anybody get the €500 yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I got a letter saying is be getting my €500 and my first weekly payment of €188 today and I got neither! :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I got a letter saying is be getting my €500 and my first weekly payment of €188 today and I got neither! :( :mad:

****e cc you didn't get ur money? did you get onto them

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daychris76

Nobody gets €500 this year. It was reduced to €300. Also, no I haven't received the cost of education allowance yet :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Minnesota Fats

daychris76 wrote: »
    Nobody gets €500 this year. It was reduced to €300. Also, no I haven't received the cost of education allowance yet :(

I was talking to a lad I know who works in the Social Welfare and he said early November at the earliest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daychris76

Minnesota, some people have ALREADY got it. It depends on your SW Office.

daychris76 wrote: »
    Minnesota, some people have ALREADY got it. It depends on your SW Office.

Really? Oh ok, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I was told early November as well.

• Advertisement

I was told early November as well.

What's your local SW Office, Basillarkin?

Galway, rang them 2 weeks ago.

Galway, rang them 2 weeks ago.

Cool

Best bet is to just keep an eye on this forum and see if anything pops up

This thread was actually started last year when they did pay €500. One problem with them paying last year was they were expecting a letter from the college to say you're attending. I rang 4 times and got 4 different answers til someone told me that. I had already dropped a letter in but they wanted one from after the college year began.

This thread was actually started last year when they did pay €500. One problem with them paying last year was they were expecting a letter from the college to say you're attending. I rang 4 times and got 4 different answers til someone told me that. I had already dropped a letter in but they wanted one from after the college year began.

I've already dropped in a college enrolment letter twice this year :-/

Anybody receive their 300e yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Dr Feelgood

Still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I've already dropped in a college enrolment letter twice this year :-/
    Same here mate , do they back date money to Sept if your not getting full amount ?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I rang the other day and they said it could be as late as December, meanwhile I'm stuck borrowing peoples books to photocopy pages.

Hoping it comes through soon!:(

Anyone know if thier grant was approved/paid? I haven't heard anything from my college so I'm hoping its sorted.

• Advertisement

Marsden wrote: »
    I rang the other day and they said it could be as late as December, meanwhile I'm stuck borrowing peoples books to photocopy pages.

Hoping it comes through soon!:(

Anyone know if thier grant was approved/paid? I haven't heard anything from my college so I'm hoping its sorted.

I've two friends on BTEA, one got the €300 and the other didn't. Same course and they applied around the same time. Just up to the local office to get the finger out.

Advertisement