Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Airsoft Insurance

• 13-09-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭✭ Murphino

Airsoft community,

I am currently researching insurance for opening an Airsoft venue. I have heard anecdotally that only English companies provide insurance. Can somebody please clear this up?

Myself and a couple of mates have recently taken up the sport and are considering opening a venue in Leinster. I would really appreciate some helpful advice. Can insurance be got for one off events and could anyone provide a ballpark for a venue (outdoor) currently in operation.

I appreciate this might be sensitive info but a point in the right direction would be helpful. I emailed the IAA several weeks ago but still waiting to hear back, I understand the lads there are undermanned from other threads but need to get rolling on this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari

Yes, the IAA are undermanned...but one email can go missing very easily. You're better off sending in another with as much information as possible, and give the lads a phone call.

They really are the authority on this kind of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭✭ Murphino

Inari wrote: »
    Yes, the IAA are undermanned...but one email can go missing very easily. You're better off sending in another with as much information as possible, and give the lads a phone call.

They really are the authority on this kind of thing :)

Thanks for your comments Inari, I will of course try the IAA again. I would have provided enough info to go on, just looking for a starting point. Ps Didn't spot they had supplied numbers on the website!

Great thanks Alan B, will try there. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 defenderdude

http://www.pjtins.ie/leisure.html

PJT insurance services were offering insurance a while ago. They were also offering a discount to IAA affiliated sites. Not sure what the story is nowadays - maybe someone from the current IAA committee could confirm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭ BioHazRd

PJT were shut down by the financial regulator. There are many companies offering airsoft insurance now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ricka

BioHazRd wrote: »
    PJT were shut down by the financial regulator. There are many companies offering airsoft insurance now
    I think O'Driscoll O'Neil Insurance Brokers took over the accounts of PJT.You could give them a call

Thanks all, will look into all comments posted!

Advertisement