Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft Insurance

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Airsoft community,

I am currently researching insurance for opening an Airsoft venue. I have heard anecdotally that only English companies provide insurance. Can somebody please clear this up?

Myself and a couple of mates have recently taken up the sport and are considering opening a venue in Leinster. I would really appreciate some helpful advice. Can insurance be got for one off events and could anyone provide a ballpark for a venue (outdoor) currently in operation.

I appreciate this might be sensitive info but a point in the right direction would be helpful. I emailed the IAA several weeks ago but still waiting to hear back, I understand the lads there are undermanned from other threads but need to get rolling on this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Yes, the IAA are undermanned...but one email can go missing very easily. You're better off sending in another with as much information as possible, and give the lads a phone call.

They really are the authority on this kind of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphino

Inari wrote: »
    Yes, the IAA are undermanned...but one email can go missing very easily. You're better off sending in another with as much information as possible, and give the lads a phone call.

They really are the authority on this kind of thing :)

Thanks for your comments Inari, I will of course try the IAA again. I would have provided enough info to go on, just looking for a starting point. Ps Didn't spot they had supplied numbers on the website!

Great thanks Alan B, will try there. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

http://www.pjtins.ie/leisure.html

PJT insurance services were offering insurance a while ago. They were also offering a discount to IAA affiliated sites. Not sure what the story is nowadays - maybe someone from the current IAA committee could confirm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

PJT were shut down by the financial regulator. There are many companies offering airsoft insurance now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

BioHazRd wrote: »
    PJT were shut down by the financial regulator. There are many companies offering airsoft insurance now
    I think O'Driscoll O'Neil Insurance Brokers took over the accounts of PJT.You could give them a call

Thanks all, will look into all comments posted!

Advertisement