Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid range saw - husky or jonsered?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

Eleganza wrote: »
    The saws are manufactured between Canada and US in the old Poulan factories. Some of the bigger saws were originally badged as Poulans and while they may be reasonably OK they are not as good as an equivalent Husky or Jonsered although the trick is to find out what the equivalent Husky or Jonsered is.
    I would expect the weight of that saw to include bar and chain. With larger saws Husqvarna, Partner and Jonsered never included bar and chain weight as they would be shipped without bar and chain and the dealer would just take which ever bars and chains they wanted from the representative when calling around.
    Google poulan woodshark... exactly same saw as lidls

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dipper.meath16

Well lad, just a couple of quick points on this one.. lidl saws are just really for domestic garden work.. it wont last if your doing anyting strenious with it.. iv seen so many people buying the lidl saws, having prob never used a saw before, and all i can tink of is an accident waiting to happen... However i know they have to conform to EN standards so the saw itself should be ok.. however for bigger work, its defo worth spending that extra few hundred quid, as over the lifetime of the saw, in comparision to lidl or cheap saws in general, it will save you in the long run, in maintainence costs over its lifetime.. lets be honest, id much rather spend the money, what do you value your life at?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

lets be honest, id much rather spend the money, what do you value your life at?!

That's absolute rubbish. The inertia chainbreaks, chain catchers and hand guard are the same design as on other more expensive saws from Electrolux.
    Also, these saws ship with 3/8 low profile chain which is not agressive and less susceptible to kickback than larger saws.
    It is much easier to have an accident with a higher spec. more powerful saw with more agressive chain.

Eleganza wrote: »
    That's absolute rubbish. The inertia chainbreaks, chain catchers and hand guard are the same design as on other more expensive saws from Electrolux.
    Also, these saws ship with 3/8 low profile chain which is not agressive and less susceptible to kickback than larger saws.
    It is much easier to have an accident with a higher spec. more powerful saw with more agressive chain.

Yea unless you know how to use them safley and properly.. cheaper saws fade a lot easier and start to die out after a hard day.. you must work for lidl or somethin the way your promoting the saw??

Yea unless you know how to use them safley and properly
    and that has nothing to do with the saw.

• Advertisement

id agree to a certain extent.. but cheap price means cheap manufacture ect.. If you were anyway serious about chainsaw work, you wouldnt buy shi*e, and i dont see lidl sellin chainsaw protective clothing ect with there saws..

lidl sellin chainsaw protective clothing ect with there saws..

that's because a complete suit of protective clothing for saws costs more than a good high-end saw and many using high-end saws won't buy the clothing unless mandated by law to wear it.

not nessicarlly true, depends on the level of protection, you can by protection for casual wear, that cheap enough, however if you wear it on a professional basis your better off goin for the more expensive stuff, price=everyday comfort!! if you were only usin the saw occasionally you could be kitted out very cheaply!! they could at least sell gloves and a helmet with ear muffs and a visor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

lidl, or aldi have sold the protective gear in the past, sometimes not the same week as the saw. I have the chapps and hardhat with integrated earmuffs and faceguard from them.

must get the boots next time, although I have a regular set of steels I normally wear.

Advertisement