Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 1 coming to PS3/Xbox 360

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

LOL @ greatest shooter ever made. Graphically beautiful yes, but it wasn't a great game, it was amazing up to a point then went to shít, about a third of the way in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Should be interesting to see how the game looks on the consoles now, compared to how it looks on the pc. Would be great if they could make it look as good as it did on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As the first comment there says...
    So, this takes nothing away from PC gamers as it was originally a PC game. And console gamers get another game made available to their platform. Nice deal all around it seems. But I'm sure some asshole will find a reason to complain.

The original engine has enjoyed several performances boosts from optimisation since the original game, most of which were seen in Warhead, so it should be interesting to see how it runs on the consoles now. That is, assuming it's not just running in the Crysis 2 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Crysis 1 was more of a benchmark product then a game back then. It was devided in to 3 parts, from which part 1 was the best and the only part worth playing. Part 2 was just... ****... Part 3 picked it up a bit, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Dunno if crysis 1 has a place now. I can't say that crysis 2 was such a win... So now they want to get people to buy crysis 1....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I was travelling for the Crysis 1 period and didn't get a chance to do it any justice so it passed me by. Really enjoyed Crysis 2 although it became a bit formulaic towards the end.

I'll probably give this a whirl on the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Enjoyed the second so might pick this up

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

To those of yas PC players who played Crysis 1 and 2. Is Crysis 1 better than 2? I played Crysis 2, but i just think its just an alright game, there are some very few good moments innit, but it's nothing really special IMO... And the multiplayer suck balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'm currently playing Crysis 2 and I think it is a lot better than the original game
    the problem in the first one was the first half was made up of you fighting Koreans which was good but then in the second half was you killing flying alien squid monsters which was very annoying and then the horrible zero g fight against them at the end

They have tried to address this with the second game by having the aliens land based which makes it a lot more playable but can feel a lot like the Resistance games

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

To be fair, on their own admission, they put their focus on the production of the game engine rather than a game. Like most, I enjoyed the Korean bit, especially the "circular" level design that let me approach the game from several different angles... (sorry, I couldn't resist).

Crysis 2 wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't great either. The campaign was reasonably fun. There's no harm in C1 making a console appearance, but I feel most Console people are gonna look at it and wonder what PC people have been ranting and raving about this Crysis game for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just to add: i love how this 360 trailer shows only part 1 and part 3 of game. even developer knew that part in mothership was total ****....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

First 60% of the game was very good. The A.I of the Korean enemies is pretty decent, you have multipal angles to approach objectives and mixing up all the nano suits ability (and not overly using stealth) is good fun. You can really toy with your opponents.

Problems started when you get inside the Alien ship in zero gravity (and the comically bad boss battle before it). The game becomes alot more linear. But the main problem with that level was its confusion. On repeat plays throughs it holds up alot better once you know where your going. Fighting the aliens in zero-g is pretty fun.

After that brief enough section, it turns in a linear corridor shooter, and the alien are less interesting opponents than the Korean soliders, hence why the aliens underwent major changes for the sequel. Its pretty buggy. The very end boss battle is also hindered by a memory leak issue on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cool, I can enjoy not playing this all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Enjoyed 2 on the 360. Have to admit towards the end I got a bit jaded with it all.
    Will hold off on this until I see the price - if cheap might throw it in a drawer to play on a rainy day - especially if the comments above are true.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I much prefer Crysis 1 over its counterparts. I personally thought the game was great, slightly repetitive at times, but one of very few games in this generation I've actually bothered finishing. Some of the mods that's come out in recent years are unreal too.

Crysis 2 wasn't too bad mind you. It's rather good in a sea of mediocre generic shooters. I didn't care too much for the story though, and the gameplay mechanics are essentially the same as the first game.

Looking forward to graphics comparisons when its released on console :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

This looks brilliant, very impressive in my opinion but apparently
    it is a digital download only on xbla and psn.
    Its only going to cost 20 euros and is single player campaign only so no multiplayer.
    The reason I say but is because I'd prefer to have a disk version of it as I've only got a 20gb hardrive and this looks like it would be a very big download.
    Plus for this type of game boxed copy makes more sense I think.
    I guess they're going download only to reduce costs for publishing as its a budget title.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

quinnd6 wrote: »
    This looks brilliant, very impressive in my opinion but apparently
    it is a digital download only on xbla and psn.
    Its only going to cost 20 euros and is single player campaign only so no multiplayer.
    The reason I say but is because I'd prefer to have a disk version of it as I've only got a 20gb hardrive and this looks like it would be a very big download.
    Plus for this type of game boxed copy makes more sense I think.
    I guess they're going download only to reduce costs for publishing as its a budget title.

I was thinking that it couldn't be a full retail game at that short notice, given what else is coming out over the next few months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

gizmo wrote: »
    As the first comment there says...

The original engine has enjoyed several performances boosts from optimisation since the original game, most of which were seen in Warhead, so it should be interesting to see how it runs on the consoles now. That is, assuming it's not just running in the Crysis 2 engine.

By all accounts it appears to be a remastered version of the game using Cryengine 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The original Crysis so good...I'll be getting this version too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,112 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

marco_polo wrote: »
    I was thinking that it couldn't be a full retail game at that short notice, given what else is coming out over the next few months.

Then again Crysis isn't a small game by any stretch, especially with all those HD textures. I know Microsoft have relaxed their XBLA limits, but 7GB + might be a ripping the piss :p

Could just be a games on demand release though! And hopefully budget whatever form it may take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This makes total sense.

As mediocre as Crysis was gameplay wise for a PC game, compared to the kind of shooters on consoles I imagine this would go down a treat for many console FPS fans.

The game is like 4 years old. But I'm sure despite them likely having to lower the graphics a bit, it'll look stunning to the console peeps. Can see this doing really well, better than the 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Then again Crysis isn't a small game by any stretch, especially with all those HD textures. I know Microsoft have relaxed their XBLA limits, but 7GB + might be a ripping the piss :p

Could just be a games on demand release though! And hopefully budget whatever form it may take.

Ooh, it'll probably be like the Resident Evi CV and 4 releases then. They're going to cost 1600 points though, it'd be nice if Crysis was cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

1600 MSP on Xbox and £15.99/$19.99 on PS3. No euro price there, but it probably converts 1:1 with dollars as usual :pac:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-09-remastered-crysis-1-coming-to-console

I'll be getting this for sure as my laptop can *just about* run the original but only for a half hour before it starts overheating and the framerate halves. Great game, hopefully they'll keep the wonderful physics fun intact.

Jeep + Ramp + Destroyable shacks filled with enemies = fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No thanks. I like playing my games in true 1080p :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Crysis 1 was brillant, I dont base my opinon on what I read online just what I played and I enjoyed the change in gameplay with the zero G and the aliens were good if not a little repetitive, the end fight was brillant and the story was good too just wanted it to last a bit longer is all. I didnt like warhead as much as Crysis 1, Crysis 1 was epic and war head was good but lacking a little in areas. I am happy it is getting the cryengine 3 treatment, will give me another reason to buy it again and will also sort out alot of the issues the PC version had like the DX10 problem on the last level. Crysis 2 was brillant, great graphics, music and gameplay, only issue were the Alien parts, they were too long and ytuor main character didnt talk which felt like they were just copying HL2 which I hate. HL2 was terribly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Trevor451 wrote: »
    No thanks. I like playing my games in true 1080p :o
    If you're going to try to be smug about it, at least do it right.

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=10456

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

If Crysis Wars is not included in the re-releases multi; or worse still, gets released as paid DLC, no deal. I'm getting sick of being ripped off with DLC nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I wasnt really impressed with that video.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'd pay for Crysis 1 to be released again on PC in Cry Engine 3. I might just have to pick this up, again. I'll see how the reviews are with it though.

• Advertisement

Advertisement