Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E Class

• 07-09-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

No he still has a 2007 E class Mercedes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Just seen him getting out of it on the news an 11 D model, this must have cost over 100,000! Why wasn't this mentioned in the media, when Brian Cowen got his new S class the media never stopped at him!
    so much car pooling and cheaper cars the ginger Sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did he buy it? Is he not allowed spend his money as he wants?

It was probably a loaner from somewhere though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He is the taoiseach. IMO he should have a car of this standard. Knock the various taxes off the retail price and it will cost the state a reasonable figure over the few years he would have it.
    Having said that, I thought he was getting the use of cowans S Class once they took it off him. IMO the 07 E Class he was using was alittle bit ordinary for the leader of the country. Surely he should be on a par with captains of industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭pateen

a bit much for a mayo man me thinks......

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wealthyman

Nice

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    .................... I thought he was getting the use of cowans S Class once they took it off him.............

'twas a bit ropey suspension wise ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Generally leaders of the country are driven in a car produced in their country. So he should be in this one,from the 50's mind;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its a 1 litre diesel as far as I know.

wealthyman wrote: »
    We seen him getting out of the car pictured at the All Ireland Final on Sunday, it has garda flashers on it's rear front and sides. Thought it was a bit of a laugh considering the way things are but doesn't the Prime Minister in Britain have the very same car? It looked armoured too as the windows were inches thick and very chunky doors.

Jaguar is a british brand, Enda should be in the shamrock car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Germans won't like that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Generally leaders of the country are driven in a car produced in their country. So he should be in this one,from the 50's mind;)
    The car is in the USA.

=-=

If you want him driving in a well known Irish car, he'd have to drive a DeLorean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

the_syco wrote: »
    If you want him driving in a well known Irish car, he'd have to drive a DeLorean.

hhmmmm, interesting concept - that flux capacitor might come in handy if he could go back a few years!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Who cares he's not FF, I think he's entitled to a Jag, he didn't get the country into the mess were in. However the engine should be removed and Bertie Ahern and Biffo yoked and whipped to pull the thing.

The car is in the USA.

=-=

It was made in the north though and paid for by the british government

The car is in the USA.

=-=

The shamrock car was a copy of an american car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stinicker wrote: »
    Who cares he's not FF, I think he's entitled to a Jag, he didn't get the country into the mess were in. However the engine should be removed and Bertie Ahern and Biffo yoked and whipped to pull the thing.

14 posts. people are getting slower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I wonder what people thought when Dev bought a british car!!

2057949784_93adca8b36.jpg

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

14 posts. people are getting slower.

Thats the short term memory of the Irish voter for you. Give it another few months and they'll be demanding FF back in power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Thats a British car. For an really Irish car then you need one of these....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMC_Costin

TMC-Costin-red-source-carpictures.com-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,506 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That would make such a great film :D

Enda kenny has to travel back to paddys day 1959 tullamore macra dinner dance to stop the cowens from conceiving,

Gaybo, meanwhile is on a mission to stop mr kenny doing 88mph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Don't think anyone's gonna be happy until the Taoiseach is driving around in a '01 Punto with the exhaust hanging off.

XJ looks great, a fine choice IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

a diesel carina would be good enough to keep his 4rse from dragging on the tarmac, the feckin ginger two-faced windbag. He could share it with Eamon Getmore. The car they drive should reflect the finances and standing of the state, and as they are buried in debt, a carina running on the green would be appropriate. The rest of the pampered, do nothing wasters should car-pool a micra with a whip-around for a tenner of fuel when it's really needed. Noonan could have his very own Hiace though, a good old battered one, it would allow people to identify him as the
    he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Don't think anyone's gonna be happy until the Taoiseach is driving around in a '01 Punto with the exhaust hanging off.

XJ looks great, a fine choice IMO.
    LOL...

The Jag is a savage car. Coming to Bangeromics thread near you in 20 years time..

Well wear Enda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The Jag might not be too far off the mark, the richest Irishman (well holder of an Irish passport) is a major shareholder in Tata, current owners of Jaguar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Solnskaya wrote: »
    a diesel carina would be good enough to keep his 4rse from dragging on the tarmac, the feckin ginger two-faced windbag. He could share it with Eamon Getmore. The car they drive should reflect the finances and standing of the state, and as they are buried in debt, a carina running on the green would be appropriate. The rest of the pampered, do nothing wasters should car-pool a micra with a whip-around for a tenner of fuel when it's really needed. Noonan could have his very own Hiace though, a good old battered one, it would allow people to identify him as the
    he is.

Well said:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Just seen him getting out of it on the news

Heard he gets into a pink mini on the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

He is the taoiseach. IMO he should have a car of this standard. Knock the various taxes off the retail price and it will cost the state a reasonable figure over the few years he would have it.
    Having said that, I thought he was getting the use of cowans S Class once they took it off him. IMO the 07 E Class he was using was alittle bit ordinary for the leader of the country. Surely he should be on a par with captains of industry?

Captains of industry if I were to use your reference .... He is a leader of an insolvent company .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

this one would be cheaper to run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If people want to speak about politics instead of the car then they are in the wrong forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,898 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Maybe Prince Philip was able to sort him out with a cash discount :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

I wonder what people thought when Dev bought a british car!!

2057949784_93adca8b36.jpg

Well surely if Enda was to have gotton the equivalent to Dev's motor he'd be driving round in a Phantom?

Looks like Enda went for the cheaper option.
    Fu@kin' FFers were always the same!!

it's just another case of the haugheys-"we must tighten our belts!!!"(say this in an INda accent), and then go out and get a flashy car-really setting a good example. To all those who say he needs a car to reflect his status, as leader of a TINY, bankrupt state, he should have got a modest family saloon, preferably an ex-demo to save a few bob. Most of the leaders and politicos of the scandinavian countries drive either very modest motors, or drive their own car. Its just more gravy train crap and sends out all the wrong signals at a time when restraint is badly required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Wow, A lot of the FG front bench online tonight condoning the boss' new wheels.

The leader of Ireland is not the same as the leader of Britain, he is at a minimal risk of any harm coming to him from anything other than gout from the fine high living he enjoys, ergo he does not need a top of the range Jag.

We are being told that schools need to get rid of teachers, hospitals have to treat the rising population with less medical staff and that the truly needing in society will be left behind for the sake of the country's financial "rejuvenation" and this all coming from the lips of a man who then is getting a car worth a holy fortune! I know it single handedly will not be the largest cost to the state this year, but it all adds up!

A person on min. wage BEFORE tax is on

€8.65x40 = €346 a week
    €346x52 = €17,992 a year

it takes six years pre tax for them to earn what he is getting from the tax Euros of our country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

EPM wrote: »
    If people want to speak about politics instead of the car then they are in the wrong forum.

Ahem. Leave the politics out of it or be infracted.

EPM wrote: »
    it's a nice colour. what mpg does it do?. what size are those alloys?. how fast can it go? does it have an ejector seat? ahhh feck it, I'm off to politics.

• Advertisement

dev100 wrote: »
    Captains of industry if I were to use your reference .... He is a leader of an insolvent company .

He is the leader of a country though. Also there is no way that this Jag is bullet proof or anything special as suggested in the thread earlier, its surely a pretty standard showroom model and most likely a diesel too.
    If you were the leader of a country, what would you wish to drive?

Car costs are a minor detail. If it costs 100k retail, 35k of that is vrt. 10 to 15k vat meaning that at the end of the day, the car only costs the gov 50k.

Again motor tax is not an issue and the price of fuel really doesnt matter either as its nearly all tax anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

LINK PLEASE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Car costs are a minor detail. If it costs 100k retail, 35k of that is vrt. 10 to 15k vat meaning that at the end of the day, the car only costs the gov 50k..

..wake up and join the rest of us: it didn't cost the govt anything - it cost ME and YOU 50k.

It's disgraceful.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I see OP has edited his announcement.

So, has EK got the Jag, or not ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

galwaytt wrote: »
    I see OP has edited his announcement.

So, has EK got the Jag, or not ?

Somehow I'd say he still has the same car.

Unlike his two immediate predecessors, Enda Kenny the man runs on common sense, and is unlikely to splash 100k plus on flash motor in this climate.

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    ..wake up and join the rest of us: it didn't cost the govt anything - it cost ME and YOU 50k.

It's disgraceful.

So it seems he doesnt even have the car. Anyway, 50k on car for the taoiseach which would likely last a number of years and no doubt be sold on for 20k or so in a number of years, you need to get real. these are figures that could be sustained by many households never mind a state. You need to look at the real scandals that are going down, the stuff that IS bankrupting US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Vanderbilt wrote: »

Unlike his two immediate predecessors, Enda Kenny the man runs on common sense,

Like spending €4bn on a bank worth €28m? Lol. Maybe he's waiting for a fancy plate number to go with the car. Like 12 - D-8055 or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

^^ Thats currently post # 1

The rest is therefore utter sh1te :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The above is now the first post in this thread, it clearly has been edited into a zombie state so anyone coming late to the party hasn't a clue what's going on.

Could be time for the humane killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread is stupid/pointless without the original post.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement