Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knickers for drink. Club gets frisky.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

This will make a visit to pennies essential for a cheap weekend of boozing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I've been offering to buy the ladies two drinks for their knickers for years . . . . :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Kind of scary given Tramco tend to have a pretty loose policy around the legal drinking age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I'm confused...is it only female undies that can be presented for said free drink or can men give their boxers or y-fronts (eew..) too?
    If it's only women's knicks then the Rape Crisis Center is right-it's sexist and explotitive BS.
    Actually a campaign that encourages women OR men to do this is an exploititive, cheap, tacky, lowest common denominator publicity stunt anyway.

God things must be bad for the club owners if they have to resort to crap like this to pull in the punters :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Greentopia wrote: »
    I'm confused...is it only female undies that can be presented for said free drink or can men give their boxers or y-fronts (eew..) too?
    If it's only women's knicks then the Rape Crisis Center is right-it's sexist and explotitive BS.
    Actually a campaign that encourages women OR men to do this is an exploititive, cheap, tacky, lowest common denominator publicity stunt anyway.

God things must be bad for the club owners if they have to resort to crap like this to pull in the punters :eek: :rolleyes:

I disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

This would never work in The Wesley!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

fontanalis wrote: »
    This would never work in The Wesley!

theyve no knickers to even give away!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

df1985 wrote: »
    theyve no knickers to even give away!

It's not funny if you explain it. Well done on ruining the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

sure you could probably get a few nights out paid for if ya sold them on the internetz (women at least, not sure about the men). When I was waitressing in Germany, I worked with a girl who sold her undies on the net when she was short on cash. I thought she was joking at first (I was all young and innocent at the time :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

That promotion was made for me!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

masseyno9 wrote: »
    It's not funny if you explain it. Well done on ruining the joke.

Nothing to do with the fact their minors and the promotion would end up with the owner in jail?

cruiser178 wrote: »
    I disagree.

I'm offended!! you can't tell me what to think, I have the right to my opinion etc etc...

sure you could probably get a few nights out paid for if ya sold them on the internetz (women at least, not sure about the men). When I was waitressing in Germany, I worked with a girl who sold her undies on the net when she was short on cash. I thought she was joking at first (I was all young and innocent at the time :pac:)

No joke indeed. Don't know if I can link them here so I won't but there are a few websites out there where any woman could join and you post your profile and pics of yourself wearing undies and then any guys interested in buying them get in contact with you and the transaction takes place.

I know a few knitters online on Ravelry.com (none of them Irish naturally :D) who made a few quid for themselves by doing so.
    Fair play to them if they can do it I say. I have no moral qualms about it, and would have no problem doing it if I really needed the money but there is a bit of an ick factor though of selling your used panties to a complete stranger online.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Not such a great idea after all
    A DUBLIN nightclub has been allowed to keep its late licence after management gave an undertaking it would not again allow what was referred to in court yesterday as a “knickers for liquor” promotion at the venue.

Midnight Promoters launched the controversial concept at Tramco nightclub in Rathmines on September 3rd last, where revellers were told they could swap their underwear for a free drink.

Gardaí in Rathmines lodged an objection to Tramco’s late licence last week and the case resumed at Dublin District Civil Court yesterday. Constance Cassidy SC, for Tramco, told Judge Mary Collins there had been extensive discussions between the venue’s management and the superintendent at Rathmines Garda station. Management had also agreed the premises would remain closed last weekend.

Gardaí would withdraw their objections to the nightclub’s late licence subject to undertakings being given, the court heard.

Tom Kavanagh, the receiver appointed to Tramco, agreed with Ms Cassidy the “knickers for liquor” promotion was regretted.

The management accepted the event was wholly “inappropriate, undesirable and demeaning”. They acknowledged gardaí in Rathmines then had no option but to object to Tramco late licences.

The court heard the nightclub’s management abhorred the conduct of this promotion, and Mr Kavanagh confirmed in evidence he had not been aware of it.

He confirmed the promoter had been removed. An undertaking was given that no similar events would be run there. Tramco confirmed it would supply details of all future promotions to gardaí.

Judge Collins granted Tramco the special exemptions order allowing the nightclub to operate a late licence.

Bank of Ireland appointed a receiver to Tramco in June 2010.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0915/1224304142986.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

My brother works there, the staff went mad about it. Management told them if there was any press there, they were to be sent upstairs to talk to the promoters. The underwear wasn't to be handed in at the bar, it was at the DJ booth where they got a token, then a free shot of Micky Finns from one of the promo staff.

He also said everyone was arriving with spare knickers etc, a few girls told him they'd bought 5 packs for €2. He said he didn't see anyone actually take a pair off.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

WIZE wrote: »
    Will you get an extra free shot for skidmarks

and what about rips, tares and holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

This is disgusting! It's an outrage! I, for one, shall never frequent the club that would entertain such a shady, misogynistic promotion. Which club is it? I want to ensure my wallet never again passes through their doors!

Wait, it's TramCo? Nevermind, I wouldn't have gone near the place anyway. Sure you'd nearly catch something just walking past the kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Tabnabs wrote: »

Why not?

Lots of publicity, keep their licence, WIN! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Do Tramco have an account on ebay.co.jp?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

how in the name of all that is holy did i miss this :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Why not?

Lots of publicity, keep their licence, WIN! ;)

From the article
    Management had also agreed the premises would remain closed last weekend.

Looks like they'll need the publicity to make up for a weekend of lost earnings due to this "event" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

jesus, people need to stop getting pissed off at stupid things.

Still better to be pissed off than pissed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Girls will exchange their knickers for booze :eek:

/sets up "booze for knicks" stall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

They have this kinda stuff in the US and it's not a big deal. Isn't it done in the UK too? How is it an outrage? It's just a stupid marketing gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

dan1895 wrote: »
    http://www.balls.ie/2011/08/31/george-hook-wants-you-to-keep-your-pants-on/#comments
    George Hook wants you to keep your pants on.
    Boycott "Tamco"!!

Loving the comment on that video:
    what an asshole, hope someone fingered the box off his daughter
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Doesn't anyone remember major toms, around 10 years ago now? they had knickers and bras hanging off the roof of the bar and anyone could contribute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Lads should get 2, its considerably more work for us to get our jocks off when fully clothed.

Advertisement