Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub open in the morning to watch the rugby world cup

Options
  • 06-09-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all, do you know if any pub in Limerick will be open in the morning to watch the rugby world cup games ? I know that's an early start for drinking guinness, but wth. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Nancys or Dolans would I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

tof2006 wrote: »
    Hi all, do you know if any pub in Limerick will be open in the morning to watch the rugby world cup games ? I know that's an early start for drinking guinness, but wth. :rolleyes:

Dolans should be open, not sure if they still have an early licence anymore though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Horse & Hound, Mulgrave St. & Dolans come to mind.

Probably only for the Australian game though as the other pool games are early start on Sunday mornings, though Dolans might oblige :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Unicorn used to open up for breakfast for previous tours out there. At the time sky had the coverage , with rte having coverage world cup games they can be watched from the comfort of your bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mark Murphy's on Parnell St for a one off experience :D

• Advertisement

Unicorn used to open up for breakfast for previous tours out there. At the time sky had the coverage , with rte having coverage world cup games they can be watched from the comfort of your bed.
    I'd say the Hiway will be open too if the Unicorn is open

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Old Crescent is opening their doors and serving breakfast for the RWC matches!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'd be surprised if Clohessy's isn't open for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Do people still watch this ? I thought rugby died ?

Obvious troll :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

The Locke has an early licence too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Lots of suggestions. Anyone have any definates? I presume the Horse and Hound anyway.

298908_284638708220008_100000216429798_1416416_3302834_n.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Horse and Hound will be open for sure. So will Old Crescent.

The others are unlikely open early I reckon. The business isn't enough to justify costs. Why not call them yourself?

Horse and Hound will be open for sure. So will Old Crescent.

The others are unlikely open early I reckon. The business isn't enough to justify costs. Why not call them yourself?
    The Unicorn is open every morning at 8 am for breakfast anyway regardless of the World Cup being on or not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

What's wrong with watching it at home? It's no wonder families are having problems

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

headmaster wrote: »
    What's wrong with watching it at home? It's no wonder families are having problems

Keep your presumptuous/judgemental posts to yourself, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

amiable wrote: »
    The Unicorn is open every morning at 8 am for breakfast anyway regardless of the World Cup being on or not

Whats the breakfast like there? And price?

BESman wrote: »
    Whats the breakfast like there? And price?
    I've not ate in there in a couple of years to be honest.

Just checked their Facebook page and it's 7.20 euro for what they call a Jumbo Breakfast.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=246024042107440#!/pages/Unicorn-Bar-Fables-Restaurant/120696214683169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

I've not ate in there in a couple of years to be honest.

Just checked their Facebook page and it's 7.20 euro for what they call a Jumbo Breakfast.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=246024042107440#!/pages/Unicorn-Bar-Fables-Restaurant/120696214683169

Jumbo Breakfast has a nice healthy ring to it. Must try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What about the Jumbo pint Sat. week at 9.30!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I went to the Pier Hotel earlier. Breakie and Rugby. It was good too. €5 for a full breakfast which is keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I'd say the Hiway will be open too if the Unicorn is open

Yep. Saw poster for Hi-way. Open for games

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Just saw this on facebook:
    312419_235170119862328_183970131648994_630866_1576811844_n.jpg

Their breakfast is excellent, have had it a few saturday mornings...
    I'd say lots of pubs will be opening for this weeks game, its that little bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What's the story with opening times for these pubs re the licensing regulations? There's some grumblings from the licensees of pubs in my area of certain public houses opening early for the RWC games. Tbf, a 6.30am opening for Sunday's game took the p*ss, next Saturday's game is a small bit more respectable.

Personally I won't be going near a pub at that hour to watch the Ireland games, seeing as it's on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Might head out - depends on if there's a crew going - for the Aussie game as almost every other match of interest will be on Sunday mornings....too early for one thing and whatever about going off on the tear after the Saturday match, at least you'll have Sunday to recover.

Can't say the same for the aftermath of a Sunday morning k-o :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Full-Irish and the game does sound like a good combination. Ended up just watching the game on the couch under a blanket the last day. Also worked pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

What's the story with opening times for these pubs re the licensing regulations? There's some grumblings from the licensees of pubs in my area of certain public houses opening early for the RWC games. Tbf, a 6.30am opening for Sunday's game took the p*ss, next Saturday's game is a small bit more respectable.

Personally I won't be going near a pub at that hour to watch the Ireland games, seeing as it's on RTE.

I guess the pubs can open whenever they want, but not serve alcohol outside the normal licencing times. Personally the thought of a pint at 9 in the morning is far from an appealing one! Unless it involves staying up after a night out which would mean I wouldn't even remember the match :eek:

What early houses are still operating in Limerick?

We went to the Pier Hotel this morning but they didn't know how to turn the NZ vs. Japan match on!

We went to Phil Flannery's in Denmark street instead. Very good spot, and it's open early tomorrow too for Ireland vs. Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

headmaster wrote: »
    You want your kids to see you crying? :confused:

Advertisement