Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling forum Raid Pyrénéen trip 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

manafana wrote: »
    yeah just come in good shape, dont have be climbing wiz its not race, two bits of advice i weas given was just to get body used to going for 5days straight on bike, and to drop some weight to make the climbs alot easier.
    I'd say that he will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Good to see you are taking my place idealeater. I'd hate to see the rest of the group being stuck as the logistics were done for a group of 10.

I'm still in America eating three large meals a day, piling on the pounds:D. I'm working closely with an American engineer and you not believe the amount of food he puts away every day:eek: anyway that's another story:p

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, looks like a great trip and like I said previously, there's always next year.

I have the time booked of work for that week, don't wish to derail this thread but can anyone recommend a good cycling holiday in Mallorca or lanzarote in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Spent a most productive evening with a certain captain where we discussed ladies couture, hills ( or mountainns) and the virtues of the odd pimt of guiness or 2. Legend.

@ superfreak. Pity you wont make it, but as u say, allways next year (himalayas).

I dunno bout the rest of yee but I cant wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I wish a few of the Raiders went up "The Devils Glen"...........and I think Astra has sampled it?

It's short enough but it'll have you, considering, zig /zagging.
    Short and steep. Lenny, have you been up her, (as they say?)

You know,
    I'm trying to find the stiffest bumps knocking around. The Devils in one but the one past Kilmacanogue, Red Lane it's called, never been up it, come down it, burning pads.
    Starts off very steep. Very........
    The 'Wall" would be a doddle compared to this hill. Believe you me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Planet X wrote: »
    I wish a few of the Raiders went up "The Devils Glen"...........and I think Astra has sampled it?

You know,
    I'm trying to find the stiffest bumps knocking around. The Devils in one but the one past Kilmacanogue, Red Lane it's called, never been up it, come down it, burning pads.

Is this post cycling related? :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Planet X wrote: »

You know,

I 've been up to all of them few times. Devil's Elbow is nice but very short, coming down is more fun if you know there are no cars. The other near Kilmacanogue is a bitch, I had my tire spinning and slipping on dry tarmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

kilmacnogue does get very steep at end, lethel coming down cant help but use all the road to get down.

Only done klmacnogue after night out, but suffered alot half way up.

might pop out tommorow and give it a go.

Anyone up for a cycle tomorrow? 100-140kms depending on weather-mood.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Working as per usual but if anyone fancies a spin during the week, I'm only a short drive from Dublin.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

to astra, wont be out for a 100km, will be out some sort distance, short spin this evening giving me 330km for the week, mostly flat.

Captain would love spin during week any day that suits, try pick dry one, im free most time now or least im flexible and move stuff round.

Wednesday. 5pm. Dundrum. Glencree/Glencullen and back. Captain Havik & myself in.
    Anyone?

In!

i would love to do wednesday but i dont think i would make it over there for 5.
    i havent been on the bike since thursday and it feels like an eternity!!

Going out Thursday 1pm. for a few hours also?

i may do Wednesday or thursday will check the schedule, not liking the list of people in, will be the climbers and me.

Just back from my short morning spin, watch bit of this cricket then head out again.

work is the curse of the cycling classes (especially when its sunny and dry)

enjoy your spins!!

love when 30km into my ride i realise , oops no saddle bag, couldnt go to far knowing it would be though trip home if i had flat.

Is anyone up for a 200km spin on the weekend (Saturday) that W200 is on? I don't really like w200 so I am thinking of doing something else (much harder). I have a brutal route in mind..

if its not the day of the 200 then i might be up for it. 2 200 km days would be nice. what day is the wicklow 200 on?

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »
    if its not the day of the 200 then i might be up for it. 2 200 km days would be nice. what day is the wicklow 200 on?

a 200km outside of wicklow 200 is good idea, can stop for proper feed yourself somewhere and do it in your own time, to be honest i just cant commit to weekend 200km rides. the weekend is one time i cant really afford be gone for whole day as its my main source of supplementary income.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Is anyone up for a 200km spin on the weekend (Saturday) that W200 is on? I don't really like w200 so I am thinking of doing something else (much harder). I have a brutal route in mind..

Yes. I'll go for that. Was planning on doing an unofficial W200 anyway on the day (Sunday) making sure to get home for the football.
    Saturday would be fine & possibly a short stint on Sunday.

just checked, and the wicklow 200 is on the sunday, so yeah - i should be good for the saturday (thats the 9th isnt it?) I wont be sprinting or surprise attacking tho :)

edit - whats the route astra?

just checked, and the wicklow 200 is on the sunday, so yeah - i should be good for the saturday (thats the 9th isnt it?) I wont be sprinting or surprise attacking tho :)

edit - whats the route astra?

Bollocks! :)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1201424 4321m

If you can do another 200 the next day you ll be able to sprint each col :D

AstraMonti wrote: »
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1201424 4321m

If you can do another 200 the next day you ll be able to sprint each col :D

lol
    Bring lights? :)

Haha we shouldn't need them if we start at 8. We ll do a big lunch stop in Laragh around the 100km mark. There are plenty of exit points if people feel like it.

that looks evil!! I like it!! :)

is there any objection to non raiders doing that spin on the 9th?

• Advertisement

is there any objection to non raiders doing that spin on the 9th?

Of course not. I was actually thinking to create a new thread about it so more boardsies can come along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement