Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Retirement Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Relax Eyepatch. I was giving my experience locally and that of some of my friends at another group in the nearby town. I think we are entitled to say it didn't suit us. I specifically referred to a group and did not say all groups. I also said they would suit some but not others. But, likewise you must admit all groups are not as good as yours.
    We are discussing AR groups, so please afford me the courtesy of allowing me give my experience in a civil manner and don't read an adversarial tone into it that isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: Come on folks, we can discuss this amicably. Some have a great experience of AR, others are a bit doubtful, and neither experience is going to be true of all AR groups, there is room for both views.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I applaud you, campingcarist. I think 'old age' is in the mind. I visited an elderly couple recently who have spent their lives sitting in front of the TV, and don't have any other interests. They get very lonely but can't understand why.
    Thanks, but no applaud needed.
    I take life as it comes, with its ups and downs. I live on a day to day basis; one never knows when the Good Lord is going to call us home.

Advertisement