Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia removes references to AD and BC from school curriculum

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Amateurish wrote: »
    Both actually i think. Magnetic definately moves and the earth wobbles on its axis, also the three gorges dam caused a slight tilt.
    but the earth wobbling does not change the direction the north pole is from you - which is the common definition of north (i assume this is what is used by the ordnance survey). few people would use the celestial north pole to define north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Amateurish

but the earth wobbling does not change the direction the north pole is from you - which is the common definition of north (i assume this is what is used by the ordnance survey). few people would use the celestial north pole to define north.

sure mariners did for hundreds of years. Now we use gps which also is subject to drift since satellites are effected by lunar and solar gravity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Columbia wrote: »
    Wow, now that is a truly a non-solution to a non-problem. As if dating everything from 1950 is any less arbitrary than dating it from Jesus's birth.

Yeah it does seem a little unnecessary, maybe if it was from the year 2000 or something it might make more sense

Advertisement