Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB is even worse

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got a letter from Eircom saying that I've been upgraded to the NGB 8mb package, yet I'm actually getting worse speeds than before.

I previously got 3072/384 kbps, download and upload, respectively, on my Netopia router, with 10ms round-trip to www.google.ie.

Now I'm only receiving 2816/384 kbps, with a 40-50 ms round-trip.

Other people on the same line have been upgraded to 8mb, with their stats showing around 8000 kbps download and around 500 kbps upload.

Why is my line still on a poor 3mb package?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭neiphin

Why is my line still poor ?

who are you with again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

Ah, I see what you did there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

I recently got a letter from Eircom saying that I've been upgraded to the NGB 8mb package, yet I'm actually getting worse speeds than before.

I previously got 3072/384 kbps, download and upload, respectively, on my Netopia router, with 10ms round-trip to www.google.ie.

Now I'm only receiving 2816/384 kbps, with a 40-50 ms round-trip.

Other people on the same line have been upgraded to 8mb, with their stats showing around 8000 kbps download and around 500 kbps upload.

Why is my line still on a poor 3mb package?

Hi Seckz Panther
    If you PM your tel number I can run some tests and see if your speed can be improved. It is possible that your line may have a speed capacity which does not allow faster speeds than you report. This depends mostly on distance from exchange. PM me and will chase.
    Tony

Advertisement