Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biking it to CIT

Options
  • 31-08-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,
    I'm starting in CIT soon and will be travelling up by motorbike.
    I've spoken to a few people who go there but nobody seems to know if there's a place to put all my gear (helmet, boots, jacket etc) during the day - I can't carry it around with me the time! I know there must be somewhere because people have seen other bikes around, but nobody lugging heavy textiles and helmets around with them!
    Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I know a few lads who do it some days!

Carry there stuff around all day with them m8..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Super4

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I know a few lads who do it some days!

Carry there stuff around all day with them m8..

There's no way I'm doing that:eek: There must be somewhere surely:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

I think there is lockers you can use, whether or not they're big enough for your gear is a good question though.

I know there's lockers but the one's i know of are used for lab gear etc...

Ask the student union!

I'm sure they'll find a solution!!

I know there's lockers but the one's i know of are used for lab gear etc...

Ask the student union!

I'm sure they'll find a solution!!

I spoke to the prez of the student union and he didn't know! Lol. I'll get on to him again..

• Advertisement

Super4 wrote: »
    I spoke to the prez of the student union and he didn't know! Lol. I'll get on to him again..

Typical Fish! lol

Typical Fish! lol
    I'm gonna nag him til he sorts me out.. I know where he lives bahahaha:P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

You should be able to find a locker somewhere on campus but I don't know if that can take a helmet. I remember seeing helmets on top of lockers but i wouldn't be mad about that idea. I'm heading back to cit this year with the bike and will probably throw the gear in a locker and put the helmet in the helmet lock.

You should be able to find a locker somewhere on campus but I don't know if that can take a helmet. I remember seeing helmets on top of lockers but i wouldn't be mad about that idea. I'm heading back to cit this year with the bike and will probably throw the gear in a locker and put the helmet in the helmet lock.

I was told by a friend to bring in a lock on the first day and just grab the first locker I see! :) Do lockers get allocated to certain people or what?
    Hopefully by the time I start I'll have my topbox fitted, my helmet fits in there so it's just the textiles I need a place for.
    What bike are you on?

Super4 wrote: »
    I was told by a friend to bring in a lock on the first day and just grab the first locker I see! :) Do lockers get allocated to certain people or what?
    Hopefully by the time I start I'll have my topbox fitted, my helmet fits in there so it's just the textiles I need a place for.
    What bike are you on?

Ya, Id say you could probably take any locker you want, they do belong to different departments but I remember it as a free-for-all kinda thing. I'll be on a DR650, are you on a super 4?

• Advertisement

Ya, Id say you could probably take any locker you want, they do belong to different departments but I remember it as a free-for-all kinda thing. I'll be on a DR650, are you on a super 4?

That's the one that's a bit scrambler-looking isn't it? Yup super 4 400, only got it a few weeks back I'm delighted with it:D Nice and light, I can't hold heavy bikes up cos I'm quite small. And a girl, so I'm weak:rolleyes:

Haha, ya thats the DR. Exellent, I'm registering friday and starting monday so I'll see ya around. The hunt for lockers is on!

Haha, ya thats the DR. Exellent, I'm registering friday and starting monday so I'll see ya around. The hunt for lockers is on!

Sweet, we'll be on a mission:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

By the by... when I was in first year we were located down A block in A123L. It's down a stair case leading from the lower end of B block. There were a few lockers down there. Only the trades people used to use them so there's a high chance they'll be free. Bare in mind this was about 5 years ago though so they might not be there anymore:p Man I feel old...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

aaronh007 wrote: »
    By the by... when I was in first year we were located down A block in A123L. It's down a stair case leading from the lower end of B block. There were a few lockers down there. Only the trades people used to use them so there's a high chance they'll be free. Bare in mind this was about 5 years ago though so they might not be there anymore:p Man I feel old...
    The quality of some of the lockers is dubious , i did my trade out in cit and we were always told dont bother with the lockers the gear is robbed too easily from them , just about anyone can stroll onto campus and get at the lockers. The thing with the A block lockers downstairs is the area can be very dead at times .

I'll keep an eye out for those! When I find my way around the place.. Thanks :)

Advertisement