Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken tournaments in the Thomas House Saturday September 10th

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

One of the lads organising this posted it on the randomselect facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=240031759366877

Cheap drink, SF4, MK9, and WWE Allstars tournaments.

Anyone up for it?

edit: Oops, drunken not druinken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hell yes.

Must really dig down and learn those true combos in All Stars.

Also you spent drunken wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Myself and Gorysnake are taking first and second in Allstars Dan, sorry about that.

Oh it's on. IT IS ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Myself and Gorysnake are taking first and second in Allstars Dan, sorry about that.
    let's be honest i'm more likely to turn up than flakeysnake right here

If there's anything that can draw THE SNAKE to an event it's the opportunity to beast on some fools with Andre the Giant bound combos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Could be fun.

AE SF4?

Is it cool bringing a fightstick to a pub?

Could be fun.

AE SF4?

Is it cool bringing a fightstick to a pub?

We had a load of sticks at Fibbers before and it wasn't a problem. It doesn't say AE specifically, I'll ask on Facebook now, I'd say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

We had a load of sticks at Fibbers before and it wasn't a problem. It doesn't say AE specifically, I'll ask on Facebook now, I'd say it is.

Drunken Vanilla FTW!

Man why did I put "this" in the thread title too. I am useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

ayjayirl wrote: »

Drunken Vanilla FTW!

HELL yeah. Sagat vs sagat all night long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Why would anyone play vanilla, its like played 3s:new generations or alpha 1
    give it over AJ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    give it over AJ.

Actually it kinda plays like wordl warrior and I'd still play that :D

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Drunken Vanilla FTW!

There would be no characters of sufficient rhythm or style for me to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »
    give it over AJ.

Vanilla is better than AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Will try make this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Has anyone been to the place? What's the MAME cab like? Can you pick your own game or does it alternate? What's the selection of games like anywhose?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Vanilla is better than AE.

I'm pretty sure RopeDrinks been playing that game alone for the past year.
    Should have joined him folks
    bb639_ORIG-ronery_2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Hey guys, im the organiser for this. Thanks for the interest!

Basically, a bunch of us are into gaming/punk music and everything in between. Were going to do this once a month, keep it free in and run gaming tournaments each night. 3 a night to start with, but the more interest shown, the more we will run. Prize for the tournament will probably be a bottle of sailor jerrys, and we might get something special every month.

If you guys have any suggestions for games, hit me up! Were definitely down to accomodate whoever. Ive taken in the suggestions on the updated SF, which I think were getting down. Its on XBOX, so hope everyone is cool with that. 3 big wall mounted screens.

Theres also an oldschool arcade gaming machine, and the guys are getting more in soon. Any comic book fans, there is also a whole bunch of Graphic Novels for your perusal in the bar! Get down and bring a friend.

Basically, a bunch of us are into gaming/punk music and everything in between. Were going to do this once a month, keep it free in and run gaming tournaments each night. 3 a night to start with, but the more interest shown, the more we will run. Prize for the tournament will probably be a bottle of sailor jerrys, and we might get something special every month.

If you guys have any suggestions for games, hit me up! Were definitely down to accomodate whoever. Ive taken in the suggestions on the updated SF, which I think were getting down. Its on XBOX, so hope everyone is cool with that. 3 big wall mounted screens.

Theres also an oldschool arcade gaming machine, and the guys are getting more in soon. Any comic book fans, there is also a whole bunch of Graphic Novels for your perusal in the bar! Get down and bring a friend.

This is sounding pretty awesome

• Advertisement

I think I might have found my Dorans replacement.

Also, its of course cool to bring sticks. There will be a safe place to keep them, behind the bar.

Excellent stuff carpothepunk, sounds like it's gonna be a great night. Xbox would be the preferred format!

Sounds amazing. I'm just surprised I've never been here before. Sounds almost exactly the kind of place I would love.

Thanks alot guys.

Orim, two friends took over the lease on the place about a month ago, it was a bit of a dive bar before. It seriously has the best pints of Guinness going, and its a nice friendly atmosphere. Its going to be SFIV AE, on 360. 360 will pretty much always be the machine.

In the next couple months, we are going to be running comps on older consoles, snes, dreamcast etc. We may even start a leaderboard up and the end of year/mid year winner gets an extra prize.

Really appreciate any suggestions, and the support!

Will your Xbox have an active connection to Live (doesn't need to be Gold)?

MK9 patches don't currently work unless connected to Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

This is the spot A-trak mentioned.

it's all coming together lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. A gaming bar in Dublin. Never did I think I would see the day.

Any chance of Marvel Vs Capcom (trust me drunk people plus this game would be amazing) or would it be ok for people to bring their own games along for people to try???

Ill spread the word as much as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oh my days 3 euro guinness. see ya

Really tho, I'll see XD

• Advertisement

Thanks so much again guys! Its a gaming/punk/everything bar really. There really is something for everyone. The Guinness is the nicest ive had in a bar in Dublin.

For the next one, were going to take suggestions for the games, and if its something we cant get a hold of, people can definitely bring their own games for everyone to use in the future. Were trying to work out some prizes for non drinkers, but at the minute, its a bottle of whatever your poison is.

Really guys, all the feedback is much appreciated! Im spreading this round to gamesocs and such, try and spark up some interest. Keep the ideas coming, we would really like this to succeed and we can only do so with support like this, thank you so much, again.

Advertisement