Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Reset Glitch Hack - Unsigned Code on current Kernels incl. X360 SLIM

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

yoyo wrote: »
    FSD on Reset Glitch, soon now? :)

That's FSD running on the videos above is it not?

EnterNow wrote: »
    That's FSD running on the videos above is it not?

Thats it, and it says its using reset glitch hack (which would) explain the slower boot up time. So yeah the JTAG seems to be fully running on glitched consoles

Nick

Edit: heres Info

Thats it, and it says its using reset glitch hack (which would) explain the slower boot up time. So yeah the JTAG seems to be fully running on glitched consoles

Nick

It was only a matter of time, ya gotta love the 360 homebrew scene :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Nick

Wooo! I don't follow xbox modding at all but does anyone have an estimate on how much it'll cost to get your xbox modded with the glitch hack.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    Wooo! I don't follow xbox modding at all but does anyone have an estimate on how much it'll cost to get your xbox modded with the glitch hack.

It would be a fiar bit, glitch chips are in the £30 range, and some people (me included) are useless at soldering so will prob be paying a fair bit for it, I'd say the cost of getting a standard JTAG plus cost of glitch chip would be close?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I will be getting the Glick hack hardware and installing as soon as I reball my Falcon RRoD Xbox 360, just waiting on a few replacement GPUs from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

And today postman dropped Copolymer board to my mailbox. Need to find cheap Jasper now. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Do any of these chips come pre-programmed ?
    I havn't really been following this hack whats the best chip to get ?
    I was looking at the xecuter one but since you need the nand x to programme
    it thats out for me since I use a usb spi flasher.

Do any of these chips come pre-programmed ?
    I havn't really been following this hack whats the best chip to get ?
    I was looking at the xecuter one but since you need the nand x to programme
    it thats out for me since I use a usb spi flasher.
    You can build lpt programmer easily with few diodes and resistors.
    I have original olimex board so I'm going to use Nandpro 3.0

• Advertisement

as usual on the scene, this was released with some drama.

There is a guy on x-h.org ho was working on its own on the way of running homebrew from hacked dashboard. Basically he wasn't given much help, most master hackers where given out to him for terms he used etc.
    On the night he released a clip on youtube showing his RGH xbox running XexMenu ggbuild is released. This shows it was ready some time ago, but certain people on the scene wouldn't allow some unknown hacker to get credit for this

docentore wrote: »
    as usual on the scene, this was released with some drama.

There is a guy on x-h.org ho was working on its own on the way of running homebrew from hacked dashboard. Basically he wasn't given much help, most master hackers where given out to him for terms he used etc.
    On the night he released a clip on youtube showing his RGH xbox running XexMenu ggbuild is released. This shows it was ready some time ago, but certain people on the scene wouldn't allow some unknown hacker to get credit for this

Seems like there is a lot of politics and pettiness behind the scenes, people with their talents should work as a collective then the Xbox homebrew scene would really be pushed to it's limit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I was hanging in IRC during the week and saw some animosity against the folks trying RGHloader from people involved with fbbuild/freeboot, it's nothing new really, there's always been people out for their name :)

I was hanging in IRC during the week and saw some animosity against the folks trying RGHloader from people involved with fbbuild/freeboot, it's nothing new really, there's always been people out for their name :)

Everyone wants a piece of the pie and rightly so the Reset Glitch Hack was an incredible achievement for the scene :D

Bye bye Reset Glitch - http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=17143.0
    A month and a half after leaving the Reset Glitch Hack Tiros gligli and a new hack compatible with all HDMI consoles and that whatever the kernel, we still had not seen any reaction from Microsoft. We learn today with one of our technicians, stephane76700, the answer was already in your resellers ... a new revision of motherboard.

This motherboard has been found in a pack Forza 4250 Go, these new consoles with a matte black shell. The MFR date visible in the back is 2011-08-17 and the reader a Liteon 1071.

The biggest surpise is the absence of HANA chip (visible anyway) is the chip that allowed the management of the timing Reset Glitch Hack ...

It seems that the game of cat and mouse continues so ...

Nah, the date of the console was back in August, before the glitch hack was even released.

The HANA was only used to slow down the CPU clock to manageable level, there may be other interrupts available to do the same thing on the newly combined Southbridge.HANA chip, or elsewhere on the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Nah, the date of the console was back in August, before the glitch hack was even released.

The HANA was only used to slow down the CPU clock to manageable level, there may be other interrupts available to do the same thing on the newly combined Southbridge.HANA chip, or elsewhere on the board.

Or a much faster reset glitch chip could be used.

I see, so although the exploit is still technically in tact, the source for carrying it out has been removed? Bizarre conincidence, I presume it was a cost cutting refinement or similar.

If there's no other source for controlling the speed, maybe external equiptment could be used...but that'd likely be big dollars!

does anyone know if a usb to parallel port adapter can be used for programming the chip ?
    Or does it have to be a native port ?
    USB programmers are at least 3 times the price of parallel port programmers.

EnterNow wrote: »
    I see, so although the exploit is still technically in tact, the source for carrying it out has been removed? Bizarre conincidence, I presume it was a cost cutting refinement or similar.

If there's no other source for controlling the speed, maybe external equiptment could be used...but that'd likely be big dollars!

New revisions take a few months of R&D, so yes it's just a bizarre coincidence :)
    does anyone know if a usb to parallel port adapter can be used for programming the chip ?
    Or does it have to be a native port ?
    USB programmers are at least 3 times the price of parallel port programmers.

Nandpro operates on interrupt 0x378, so if the USB to Parallel Port adapter also operates on this interrupt then you should be ok, but it probably doesn't.

You probably have a Nand-X and a CK3 Pro, so you should be looking at buying the two update cables from Xecuter - the CK3 pro to nand-x cable allows the nand-x update to the Nandpro v3 hex file, and the nand-x to coolrunner cable allows the nand-x to flash the coolrunner boards so there'd be no need for USB Xilinx JTAG cables ;)

If you don't then there are cheaper JTAG flashing options over USB too :)

• Advertisement

New revisions take a few months of R&D, so yes it's just a bizarre coincidence :)

Nandpro operates on interrupt 0x378, so if the USB to Parallel Port adapter also operates on this interrupt then you should be ok, but it probably doesn't.

You probably have a Nand-X and a CK3 Pro, so you should be looking at buying the two update cables from Xecuter - the CK3 pro to nand-x cable allows the nand-x update to the Nandpro v3 hex file, and the nand-x to coolrunner cable allows the nand-x to flash the coolrunner boards so there'd be no need for USB Xilinx JTAG cables ;)

If you don't then there are cheaper JTAG flashing options over USB too :)

Thats where I get screwed over I have a usb spi flasher for nand flashing
    and an extractor 3 for dvd drive powering.
    Spose its what I get for being a cheap prick, I pay more in the long run :pac:
    The usb jtag cables I've been looking at run into €30-50 mark if you know of anything cheaper.. links please :)

The usb jtag cables I've been looking at run into €30-50 mark if you know of anything cheaper.. links please :)

Sorry, I thought I recalled the JTAG3 being USB but it's LPT - €35 is about standard all right :(

Sorry, I thought I recalled the JTAG3 being USB but it's LPT - €35 is about standard all right :(
    Xecuter are releasing there own one along with the coolrunner for people who dont use the nand-x,
    I'll see what they charge,or if I can get a few pre-programmed ones somewhere I'd buy them.

I have a USB LPT port cable which doesn't run on 0x378, but I found a program with which you can patch NandPro to use a custom one.

You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JGZJ7SQ

You basically open up this program, then go into your Device Manager in your computer. Find out the number(s) at which your USB LPT port operate, then copy them into the program, select your Nandpro.exe file and click Patch.

Most USB LPT cables contain 2 numbers, so you must write in both or as many the device manager shows.

Then it should work :P

Pov06 wrote: »
    I have a USB LPT port cable which doesn't run on 0x378, but I found a program with which you can patch NandPro to use a custom one.

You can download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JGZJ7SQ

You basically open up this program, then go into your Device Manager in your computer. Find out the number(s) at which your USB LPT port operate, then copy them into the program, select your Nandpro.exe file and click Patch.

Most USB LPT cables contain 2 numbers, so you must write in both or as many the device manager shows.

Then it should work :P

.........SOUND............:D

Have you tried this with nand pro .....Does it work ?

Yes and yes. Just use Nandpro 2.0 and not 3.0 because the tool was made for 2.0 :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here's the topic where I found the tools: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=699212 It's more detailed and contains some screenshots to make it easier.

Xecuter are releasing there own one along with the coolrunner for people who dont use the nand-x,
    I'll see what they charge,or if I can get a few pre-programmed ones somewhere I'd buy them.

If the LPT method won't work, I'll flash a few CoolRunner boards for you when I take delivery of them and the other TX stuff for updating my nand-x so it can flash the CR boards :)

The LPT method WILL work since it's the same chip and the same JTAG programmer connection points are available.

Still waiting for my x360glitch to arrive... Apparently Falcons have the fastest boot times :P

Pov06 wrote: »
    The LPT method WILL work since it's the same chip and the same JTAG programmer connection points are available.

Still waiting for my x360glitch to arrive... Apparently Falcons have the fastest boot times :P

There are reports on that thread you linked that the nandpro patching for alt LPT ports doesn't work in at least some cases. That is what I meant. If Jimbobjoeyman can't get nandpro to flash his coolrunners I'm offering to do it for him.

• Advertisement

There are reports on that thread you linked that the nandpro patching for alt LPT ports doesn't work in at least some cases. That is what I meant. If Jimbobjoeyman can't get nandpro to flash his coolrunners I'm offering to do it for him.

Just use iMPACT to flash the coolrunner...

Advertisement