Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pint in Clare?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

just spotted a thread in AH about this but i wanted to keep it local :D

so where is the pest pint in Clare?

for me

its Charlies lovely and feckin cold great service too

its Guinness i'm talking about :)

Best Pint in Clare 30 votes

Brandon's
    0% 0 votes
    Charlies
    3% 1 vote
    John O'Dea's
    10% 3 votes
    Kilshanny House
    13% 4 votes
    Lucas
    13% 4 votes
    Mickey Kerin's
    16% 5 votes
    Paddy Quinn's
    3% 1 vote
    Poets Corner
    10% 3 votes
    Buggles Pub
    10% 3 votes
    Peppers
    20% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good idea for a thread, I'm going to assume you are talking about Guinness by the way.

Mod Note
    After a week or so I will put up a poll for all the venues nominated so everyone can vote for their favourite pint, you can use your vote then to vote your displeasure of some venues or the quality of their product, I don't want to have this thread descend into a slagging match of people saying "Their pint is much, I went there and had an awful pint" or anything like that, lets keep it positive folks, and you never know we might arrange a meetup for the venue voted the best pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BobLoblaw77

Clareman wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread, I'm going to assume you are talking about Guinness by the way.

Mod Note
    After a week or so I will put up a poll for all the venues nominated so everyone can vote for their favourite pint, you can use your vote then to vote your displeasure of some venues or the quality of their product, I don't want to have this thread descend into a slagging match of people saying "Their pint is much, I went there and had an awful pint" or anything like that, lets keep it positive folks, and you never know we might arrange a meetup for the venue voted the best pint.

Don't drink Guinness but paddy quinns always has a great pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I don't drink Guinness either but the hubby says the pint in Mickey Kerin's is the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Brandons on the weekends, Lukies every other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's a toss up between Paddy Quinns and Lucases. I'm going to go with the latter cos there's usually a comfortable spot to enjoy a cigarette with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I would vote for John O Dea's pub in Ennis for the best pint. A quiet bar really and not the best for going into on your own as it can be a bit cliquish (spelling?). But the Guinness is always spot on.

Lucas' I would also rate but usually very busy and actually the Poet's Corner has a grand pint too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Kilshanny House in er.. Kilshanny do a lovely pint of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

A bit pointless really. Everyone is going to say their local has the best pint. Lots of locals from Kilbaha to Mountshannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Name them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

John O'Deas has the best pint of Guinness in town, simple as. It's famous for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

finbarrk wrote: »
    A bit pointless really. Everyone is going to say their local has the best pint. Lots of locals from Kilbaha to Mountshannon.

Its pnly a bit of fun and if we get a poll goin gwho knows we can meet for beers or in this case stout. nothing wrong with a good local either finbarrk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

finbarrk wrote: »

It is.They all talk about Ennis pubs, by the way.
    And it's not about the best pint, it's about the best atmosphere, the best pub really.

I vote for Pepper's in Feakle!

Why? I'm not really a pint drinker, but if I do, the pint (of Guinness) has just the right temperature, not too cold, not too sloppy, in here.

But the feel is right: an old-fashioned pub with original sessions and a true country crowd - love them or hate them:D

The decor is lovely and country kitschy, and there is no sports-TV blaring. The landlord is an outspoken charmer who takes no ****e, the barmaids (especially the Polish ones) are a draw to the local bachelors (who will always be bachelors, no matter how hard they try - part of the charm here :D). And altogether it's a pub as Irish as it goes. You can actually have a conversation in here, that is, if you are interested in the lay of the land, the condition for cattle and the latest gossip :D

Anyhow, it's warm and welcoming, and that's how a best pint should be - don't you think?

Carry wrote: »
    It is.They all talk about Ennis pubs, by the way.
    And it's not about the best pint, it's about the best atmosphere, the best pub really.

I vote for Pepper's in Feakle!

Why? I'm not really a pint drinker, but if I do, the pint (of Guinness) has just the right temperature, not too cold, not too sloppy, in here.

But the feel is right: an old-fashioned pub with original sessions and a true country crowd - love them or hate them:D

The decor is lovely and country kitschy, and there is no sports-TV blaring. The landlord is an outspoken charmer who takes no ****e, the barmaids (especially the Polish ones) are a draw to the local bachelors (who will always be bachelors, no matter how hard they try - part of the charm here :D). And altogether it's a pub as Irish as it goes. You can actually have a conversation in here, that is, if you are interested in the lay of the land, the condition for cattle and the latest gossip :D

Anyhow, it's warm and welcoming, and that's how a best pint should be - don't you think?

can agree with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Safe to say we can exclude all the Doolin pubs, pure bog water in all of them.

+1 for Kilshanny House

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bannermaf

Lucas', without a doubt.
    Great pint, the place is kept spotlessly clean, good old-fashioned service with manners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Poll added for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macushlablue

Buggles Pub in Kilrush....absolutely exceptional pint!

Buggles Pub in Kilrush....absolutely exceptional pint!
    Added

And why is Pepper's not on the poll?

It was, seems that Bugglers kick it off, I've it added back in now

• Advertisement

Thanks for making poll:)

Clareman wrote: »
    It was, seems that Bugglers kick it off, I've it added back in now

Thanks.
    While I was living in Ennis (ages ago) my favourite was Micky Kerins, though.
    It was such a good pub that I don't even remember the qualitiy of the pint...:o:D

I once compiled for a German high-gloss magazine the "best 15 pubs in Ireland". Peppers was absolutely one of them.
    My Number One though is the Crown Bar in Belfast. Used to live there, remember the shamrocks or hearts painted into the perfect pint ... and by whom ... sweet memories....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Lucas's gets my vote!

Did a bit of a pub crawl a few days ago to pubs I normally don't go to with a friend - Paddy Quinns, Brogans, The Diamond, Kerins - all good pints! Can't really complain about the state of pints in town

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was talking to my dad today about where to get the best pint in Ennis and he recommended the following;

Ciarans
    John O'Dea's
    Lucas'
    PJ Kelly's

I can recommend the pint in Goosers in Ballina/Killaloe

but technically Goosers is in Tipp :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Paddy Quinns for me..... deck, what am I doing online, quick shower and off to confirm my comment holds true tonight ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Paddy Quinns for me..... feck, what am I doing online, quick shower and off to confirm my comment holds true tonight ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

aw i wanted to pick two, so hard to pick just one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

not my local but nagles in kilfenora have the best guinness on the planet, i never met anyone yet who has not praised it .

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Haven't been in Nagles for years. Has a good rep. Irish Arms in Lisdoonvarna is the best tho, and if i had to pick a place in Ennis id say Paddy Quinn's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

I hear o deas is closed. they were always great pints!

Advertisement