Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new people in Galway city

Options
  • 26-08-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't 100% sure where to post it.

I a female in her mid twenties and I'm looking to make some friends/meet some new people in Galway city.

I've been in Galway for a while and went to college here but the people I met in college have all more or less gone and I recently changed jobs. Where I now work doesn't really provide much of a chance to make new friends as my colleagues are much older than me.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could meet some new people, it's not the same without a few girly friends around!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lisagordo

Hi i have just moved to galway and looking to meet new people.
    Im finding it fairly hard as i work quite a bit.
    Not knowing anyone is equally getting in my way of a social life.
    Im trying to figure ou the best way to meet people.
    Im a girl in her early 20s
    If anyone has suggestions or are in the same predicament it would be great to hear from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

As you've both posted about the same place - it made sense to put your posts together! :D lisagordo meet emzippy, emzippy meet lisagordo! :pac:

I see you've found our galway forum - and most forums on the site have regular meets and beers...this forum also has a ladies lounge private for regular posters to discuss group meet up details they don't want made public - or you can use the private message function to have a natter.

Hope to see you posting!

Ickle :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭emzippy

Thanks Ickle Magoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

[/QUOTE]
    "Where I now work doesn't really provide much of a chance to make new friends as my colleagues are much older than me"

Hi girls lisagordo and emzippy,
    I just moved to Galway in July too and i would like to get to know new people as well.
    It would be nice to have girlies night out!! As you emzippy, im working with colleagues older than me, not much chances to make new friends.
    Did you both already meet up? I would be interedted to meeting you both.
    I look forward to hearing from you!!
    Clara

Hi Clara,

No we haven't already met up but a few people have pm'ed me and said about maybe cinema/night out type thing for everyone to meet up. It might be easier for you to contact people if you joined boards. I've had a few pm's in the last few days from girls who are in exactly the same boat as us.

Let me know what you think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Hi girls, am moving to Galway myself soon for work, would be great to set up some meet ups :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Shouldn't this be in the Galway City forum? There's already at least two threads there of people looking for friends/arranging meet ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hi girls, am moving to Galway myself soon for work, would be great to set up some meet ups :)

Sounds like a plan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Count me in too :)

Cool, we should get organised when EverEvolving gets to Galway................

When should that be EverEvolving??:)

• Advertisement

Cool, we should get organised when EverEvolving gets to Galway................

When should that be EverEvolving??:)

Friday is move day so anytime after then!!

Woopie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 katieronoco

Hi guys!
    Im new to Galway too and want to get to know some more people! Have you guys met up yet? I work as a sales rep so with my job im meeting people but not long enough to make friendships, I lived in Dublin and had a good base of friends for drinks, dinners, cinema and chats, would love to have the same here! I like Galway but dont want to ruin it because im not out enjoying it!

Hi guys!
    Im new to Galway too and want to get to know some more people! Have you guys met up yet? I work as a sales rep so with my job im meeting people but not long enough to make friendships, I lived in Dublin and had a good base of friends for drinks, dinners, cinema and chats, would love to have the same here! I like Galway but dont want to ruin it because im not out enjoying it!

No we haven't met up yet (as far as I know :/ ) The more the merrier I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

If you ladies aren't only looking to meet other girls in Galway, count mise in as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ithack07

Hey Guys,
    Im pretty much in the same boat and would love to get to know some ppl around Galway. If ye are organising something count me in :)

Galway beers? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FreedomRevived

Hi all, seems this is the friend making thread :)

Im 27, living 15 mins outside Galway city, recently single, love my dance music, cinema, dancing (in clubs), I'm very open-minded.

I was fairly settled the last few years so wasn't going out very often but would like to change that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Thats it - I'm moving to Galway - not only is it an Epic City - All of Irelands single females are currently trying to take it over !!!

Seems this Saturday night is the night to meet...... I've suggested 8.30pm in O'Connells in Eyre Square...... Leave a message if ye are up for this girlies!!

I'm gonna be headed out anyway for the night as it's the hubby's birthday so hope to see most of ye there xx:)

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197583&page=22 for updates regarding meeting up this Saturday

• Advertisement

Can .. er .. non-ladies also come?

Can .. er .. non-ladies also come?

Well,I've kind of invited myself along so I guess you can too:D

The more the merrier lads.........:D

It depends on the weather - if it's like it is tonight, then I can see an Xbox night in on the cards for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 katieronoco

Sounds like things are coming together, Its going to be a fun one!

Defo gonna try and make this, it would be really cool to meet everyone, should know soon if I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭christinab89

:D hi guys!
    iv met some girls of boards and were good friends now! we go out alot during weekends and do lunch and such together! so if any of you would like to meet up? head out? have lunch then id be happy to go! :) you can never have to many friends!

christina :P:):rolleyes::D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 allysla

I hope I'm not too late but was so happy to see that there were other girls my age in a similar situation to me. Again, with work, I feel like I'm meeting very few people my age.
    Just feeling really lonely as I am very outgoing and used to having lots of friends around me and going out regularly. I had to leave them to move to Galway and many of them have moved abroad since then. :( I absolutely love Galway and want to experience it properly by going shopping/cinema/nights out. Especially with christmas coming up and the opportunity to have loads of fun nights out. :)
    Would love if anyone interested in chatting could email me at <snip>.
    Looking forward to hearing from ye!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Okay, allysa, I've removed your e-mail address as this is a public forum and it's asking for trouble posting your e-mail publicly; especially if it's an e-mail address that could make you identifiable.

I'm locking this thread as we have regional forums for both Galway City and County HERE and there is The Ladies Lounge private for posting information about yourselves and meet ups in some degree of privacy - details on how to join HERE

Cheers :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement