Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Fullbody critique....

• 26-08-2011 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi Lads,

I was doing Starting Strenght routine but i would like to change it about a bit now as im slowing down.

I have put togeather the following routine which will work like an A and B routine.

Any commenst appreciated.....

Workout A

Squat
    Bench Press
    Bent over Row
    Military Press
    Chin Ups
    Dips

Workout B

Deadlift
    Incline Bench Press
    One arm row
    DB Seated Sholder Press
    Pull Ups
    Dips

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hi Lads,

I was doing Starting Strenght routine but i would like to change it about a bit now as im slowing down.

I have put togeather the following routine which will work like an A and B routine.

Any commenst appreciated.....

Workout A

Squat
    Bench Press
    Bent over Row
    Military Press
    Chin Ups
    Dips

Workout B

Deadlift
    Incline Bench Press
    One arm row
    DB Seated Sholder Press
    Pull Ups
    Dips

Reps x sets?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RelaxTheBody

Reps x sets?

Crap sorry .....

Workout A

Squat 3x10
    Bench Press 3x10
    Bent over Row 3x10
    Military Press 3x10
    Chin Ups 3x8
    Dips 3x8

Workout B

Deadlift 3x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    One arm row 3x10
    DB Seated Sholder Press 3x10
    Pull Ups 3x8
    Dips 3x8

I am currently bulking, so my goals are to try add mass, stats are 6ft 4", 23 years old, 192lbs, male.

Any advice guys and girls?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why are you finishing starting strength? If you're still gaining strength, stick with it. If you're only changing because you're bored, stick with it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Well the main reason is i am stalling with some of my lifts now at this stage. I have doubled my squat and i have added an extra 25kg onto my bench so i have gained a good bit from it, just to give an example.

Since i have started to plateau now i would like to try out a workout that is more of a traditional full body ie hitting the whole body in one session, 3 times a week, and so i came up with this. My goals are to gain mass also not strenght so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can you quantify "doubling your squat". 40kg to 80kg is a lot different from 80kg to 160kg.
    What's your current BF% (estiamte even), your nearly 90kg so not small my any measure.

Honestly, it looks like you are going backwards. From a novice strength program to a beginners program. You are hitting the same muscles every day, not a lot of time to recover. While 5x5 programs are strength based, you'll also put on mass with the right diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

do SS until you can't linearly progress anymore.

i don't know why you're doing dips and OHP on both days or why you're rowing both days. if you're finished SS then try and make a routine based around anatomical efficiency rather than random exercises together. start with the basic template

A:
    Squat
    Bench
    OHP

B:
    Deadlift
    Row
    Chinup

Log your results in a log book. when you start to stall add in assistance exercises and log the results. if the assistance exercise lets you progress, keep it. if not, ditch it.

you can switch rows and OHP if you think your triceps are giving out before chest/shoulders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

A:
    Squat
    Bench
    OHP

B:
    Deadlift
    Row
    Chinup

Thats a lot of pulling on the second day and the order of the exercises will result in diminishing returns from the press and rows. If the OP was going for a "whole body" oriented programme I'd probably start with the press on squat day and start with the bench on deadlift day. Maybe rows on squat day too.

That being said I've found switching to a 1 compound a day plus loads of extra stuff to be a lot more fun and help recovery a lot.

OP you'd need to indicate where your lifts are at relative to your bodyweight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

columok wrote: »
    That being said I've found switching to a 1 compound a day plus loads of extra stuff to be a lot more fun and help recovery a lot.

but... but... but that sounds like a bodypart split. And they don't work :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Hanley wrote: »
    but... but... but that sounds like a bodypart split. And they don't work :o

Duh only bodybuilders train that way and those IDIOTS aren't strong.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement