Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Dock Personal training

Options
  • 24-08-2011 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I recently joined the Fitness Dock, at first I was very attracted by their offer of personal training, I found out that the personal training included in the membership are very disapointing assesments:(, they only show you pretty much the use of the equipment, I had no assesment on flexibility, nutrition, weigth and body mass, etc. I've been trying to maybe get a personal trainer for a few sessions just to get a proper start, the Gym has its own personal trainers but they charge 75 euro per session which I think is excesive specially when I already pay them for a year's membership.
    Does anyone know a personal trainer that charges a lower rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The fitness dock pt's are some of the best around so 75 is not excessive. You could pay 50 a session to another Pt but you won't get the same level of info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

VioletaBM wrote: »
    I recently joined the Fitness Dock, at first I was very attracted by their offer of personal training, I found out that the personal training included in the membership are very disapointing assesments:(, they only show you pretty much the use of the equipment

It's a sales tool which Jackie Skelly's used to use too. People join up, feel duped and then quit almost immediately.

The price of personal trainers varies from gym to gym and will often depend on whether it's a fixed fee chosen by the gym.

For example, our instructors charge €50 per session (or €400 for 10 sessions) while our extrenal instructors can charge what they want, usually charging up to €70 per session.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VioletaBM

The devestator: Yea, I have seen the way they train and is actually very good, I do wonder if there is a special rate for members though!! Good to Know that, thanks.

SanoVitae: The information does help a lot, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Yeah Mick in the fitness Dock is a really good PT. I had a couple of sessions with him ages ago. He knows his stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

The only pt in the fitness doc that charges 75 per session is Steven.Louise charges 50 euro i would HIGHLY recommend her!Not too sure about the rest of the guys.
    If you weren't happy with the assessment just pop in and say it to them they wont bite your head off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VioletaBM

Hi drdeadlifft: good to know about Louise, I called the gym and they only gave me that rate, i also complained about my assessment and they said they were going to call me back, is been 2 weeks and i haven't heard from them.

VioletaBM wrote: »
    Hi drdeadlifft: good to know about Louise, I called the gym and they only gave me that rate, i also complained about my assessment and they said they were going to call me back, is been 2 weeks and i haven't heard from them.

The best solution is to go into the gym,speak to the manager or duty manager and sort it out.
    Its a good gym with clued in staff i don't think it will take much to resolve the issue you have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

drdeadlift wrote: »
    The only pt in the fitness doc that charges 75 per session is Steven.Louise charges 50 euro i would HIGHLY recommend her!Not too sure about the rest of the guys.
    If you weren't happy with the assessment just pop in and say it to them they wont bite your head off.

louise ain't that good. Mick knows his stuff as does Gabi (who would be a great PT for ladies), Gary aint too bad while Steven aint worth the money.

The best was Brendan Swan who left last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭The Davestator

louise ain't that good. Mick knows his stuff as does Gabi (who would be a great PT for ladies), Gary aint too bad while Steven aint worth the money.

The best was Brendan Swan who left last year

You clearly don't know the first thing about the staff in the fitness dock to make such a comment. I know all the guys personally (and Bren) and they are all far better than most.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You clearly don't know the first thing about the staff in the fitness dock to make such a comment. I know all the guys personally (and Bren) and they are all far better than most.

Most of them are Poliquin certified too aren't they?

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Most of them are Poliquin certified too aren't they?

yip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Trained there for long enough to know all the staff members, both current & present.

Out of the 6 people I mentioned I don't rate 1 of them. That leaves 5 - 1 costs more than what I would pay (maybe not others) & the other 4 either "know their stuff" (which means I am complimenting them), are good (that's also a compliment) , or not bad at all (that's hardly critical).

Its my opinion, same way you have yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Yeah the fitness dock is very focused around poliquin training. I never liked the whole tempo aspect of poliquin training.. I think Mick also works for the irish strength institute. http://www.isipersonaltraining.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 squatbitch

Violeta - Next time your in the gym just ask for me (Louise) and we can sort out anything thats bothering you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

Trained there for long enough to know all the staff members, both current & present.

hahaha lol how about the existing staff members, or the ones who work there now, or at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I've met Louise briefly when she did the NTC, and she seemed to know her stuff. She's apparently lost a ton of weight herself too and looks great, which has to be a good indicator in my book.

50/75Eur is pretty standard for a PT tbh. 50 is even on the low side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Does anyone know the extra cost for pilates and zumba classes in this gym for members?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shortgrass13

Anyone know of any good personal trainers in Kildare. Can you just sign up for 10 sessions and go once a week for 10 weeks?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

colman1212 wrote: »
    Yeah the fitness dock is very focused around poliquin training. I never liked the whole tempo aspect of poliquin training.. I think Mick also works for the irish strength institute. http://www.isipersonaltraining.com/

Noticed that ages ago, was surprised to read he still works in the fitness dock.

Advertisement