Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

another big accum for today, seems pretty safe:

Holland
    Macedonia to win to nil
    France to score at least 1 goal
    Latvia - Greece: under 1.5 goals in the 1st half
    Italy
    Georgia or draw
    Estonia or draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PP are a total joke with some match markets - San Marino v Holland its win or double chance only! Spain v Liechtenstein 3 markets, why even bother chaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've seen alot of people get burnt of backing against Ireland in here before, namely the Italy match, I know it was a friendly and they were different conditions. But i still cant bring myself to back against them. gonna stay from it altogether and just enjoy the match(hopefully).

Just saw an Advert on SSN there, A special match fixing report will be on next Monday at 19:30 Sky+ that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Just saw an Advert on SSN there, A special match fixing report will be on next Monday at 19:30 Sky+ that!

Fingers crossed they tell us future fixed matches....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've already done enough bets for today but I think France to win tonight is a nice bet. The odd for a win is at 1.8 - 1.9.

We've proved we can win in "hostile" places like Bosnia and Albania, so even though Romania are playing in a brand new, sold out, stadium, I don't think it's gonna be a problem; plus Romania are missing several key players.

I think the odd for France is high cuz our last meetings with Romania ended in draws, but that was when Domenech was in charge so it's irrelevant. It's almost a banker imo.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone with these two for the Ireland match -
    Russia win and 1 or 2 goals in the match @ 23/10
    0-0 @ 13/2

Torn between Rooney wincast and RVP wincast or Kuyt wincast double. Will wait till I see the Dutch line up before deciding

Rooney and RVP wincast is @ 3/1
    Rooney and Kuyt wincast is @ 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

gone for 20 double on russia and slovakia

also 5er double on over 2.5 in the ireland game and over 3.5 in the england game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Going on holiday in 5 weeks so gambling taking a back seat but here's a little solid accum i've done for interest and hopefully ammo for the weekend.

Turkey 13/10
    Albania 8/13
    Hungary 10/11
    Holland -1 EVS

€2 at 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Few for tonights internationals...

Kuyt 1st scorer @ 5/1
    Rooney 1st scorer @ 3/1
    Double on the above @ 23/1

England, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Scotland
    10 returns 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

After yesterdays fiasco with Spain I am limiting myself to €50 for internationals. Gonna Spread it out over

England goals over 1.5
    Holland goals over 1.5
    Greece Clean sheet

€20 pays €65 with bet365

4 fold

Under 2.5 in Malta/Greece/Scotland/Nothern Ireland games

€10 pays €60 PP

Dbl

Under 10.5 corners in England and Ireland matches

€10 pays €25 Stanjames

6fold

Croatia/England/Slovakia/Holland/Bosnia/ Italy wins

€10 returns €70 on 365

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Gone with these two for the Ireland match -
    Russia win and 1 or 2 goals in the match @ 23/10
    0-0 @ 13/2

Torn between Rooney wincast and RVP wincast or Kuyt wincast double. Will wait till I see the Dutch line up before deciding

Rooney and RVP wincast is @ 3/1
    Rooney and Kuyt wincast is @ 5/1

No injury worries for Holland after the San Marino match.
    You can expect the same team to start
    And even if there are changes, both Kuyt and RvP will always play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

All to win accumulator:
    Macedonia (v Andorra)
    Scotland (v Lithuania)
    Greece (v Latvia)
    Georgia (v Malta)
    England -1 (v Wales)
    Holland -1 (v Finland)

comes to slightly over 13/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

€10 on the following accumulator. Pays out at around 150/1. Few risks obviously.

Chelsea @ 2/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Chelsea v Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia Dortmund / Borussia Dortmund @ 12/5
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal

Man Utd @ 10/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    Benfica v Man Utd

Porto @ 4/6
    Win-Draw-Win
    Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk

Real Madrid @ 1/10
    Win-Draw-Win
    Real Madrid v Getafe

Man City @ 1/5
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man City v Wigan Athletic

Arsenal @ 4/11
    Win-Draw-Win
    Arsenal v Swansea

Spain / Spain @ 1/12
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Spain v Liechtenstein

England / England @ 4/9
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    England v Wales

Russia to win and 1 or 2 total goals in the match @ 23/10
    Match & Total Goals Doubles
    Russia v Ireland

I would also like to point out that there is surely free money going on the Porto v Shakhtar Donetsk game midweek.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/fc-porto-v-shakhtar-donetsk/over-under-2.5

First of all, you can get Porto to win @8/11 on 888Sport or 4/6 on PP.

Amazing value imo. They are superb at home and will surely be pumped up for their first CL game in a while. Shakhtar coming all the way from Ukraine and do not travel well.

And over 2.5 goals you can get @5/6 on Boyle Sport and William Hill. I would jump on that now because both sides play open attacking football and pretty much always throw caution to the wind and there is sure to be goals. Again, amazing value.

I'll be having a nibble at over 3.5 goals @9/4 myself on Bet365.

CONFIRMED Argentina XI vs Nigeria this afternoon: Romero; Burdisso, Demichelis, Otamendi; Zabaleta, Mascherano, Rojo; José Sosa, Di María; Messi, Higuaín

CONFIRMED Nigeria starting vs Argentina: 16. Aiyenugba, 6. Chibuzor, 3. Elderson, 2. Adeleye, 5. Efe; 14. Fengor, 10. Mikel; 4. Joel, 18. Nsofor, 20. Okoronkwo; 11. Ideye

KO in under 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

didnt shaktar take roma apart in their own ground last season in the last 16??

inforfun wrote: »
    No injury worries for Holland after the San Marino match.
    You can expect the same team to start
    And even if there are changes, both Kuyt and RvP will always play.

Nice one. Gone with Rooney and Kuyt @ 5/1

Shane St. wrote: »

Roma lost alright. Not sure of the scoreline though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shane St. wrote: »

Ya they beat them 2-3, Roma were a shambles at the time though. This Porto side still have most of their players from last year(except Falcao obviously) and are an organised bunch aswell as being very fluid going forward.

Porto at home are a serious force, they will give any top European side a game there this season.

Can't see past a Porto win tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a few acc's on based on the matches tonight with England -1.0 and Holland -1.0 etc but threw this one on now. Hoping with that Argentina lineup they can bang a few in the boost the odds nicely for the rest of the bet.

Argentina -3.0 @ 10/3
    Russia @ 8/11
    Italy @ 4/11
    Slovakia @ 4/9
    England -1.0 @ 2/5
    Holland -1.0 @ 10/11

€10 returns 394

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody tell me if their is a website that i can look at who is reffing tonights matches. Looking at a stats website on who have been the card happy and card shy refs but dont know how to check what game they are doing.

• Advertisement

Word of caution, 1. remember the fixed match earlier this year in Nigeria? 2. this is being played in Bangladesh and the heat I imagine will be quite unbearable... or it was for me anyway. Speaking from experience :pac:

I for one ain't going near this match anyway.
    Axwell wrote: »
    Have a few acc's on based on the matches tonight with England -1.0 and Holland -1.0 etc but threw this one on now. Hoping with that Argentina lineup they can bang a few in the boost the odds nicely for the rest of the bet.

Argentina -3.0 @ 10/3
    Russia @ 8/11
    Italy @ 4/11
    Slovakia @ 4/9
    England -1.0 @ 2/5
    Holland -1.0 @ 10/11

€10 returns 394

Argentina -3 is 13/2 on 365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

a bit of fun accumulator with Asian handicaps

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Denmark v Norway
    Asian Handicap 2
    Denmark (0.0 & -0.5) @ 1.61

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Malta v Georgia
    Asian Handicap 2
    Georgia (-0.5 & -1.0) @ 2.10

Euro 2012 Qualifiers England v Wales
    Asian Handicap 2
    England (-2.0) @ 1.66

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Romania v France
    06-09-2011 19:30
    Asian Handicap 1
    France (0.0 & -0.5) @ 1.57

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Finland v Holland
    Asian Handicap 1
    Holland (-1.0 & -1.5) @ 1.66

Euro 2012 Qualifiers Russia v Ireland
    Asian Handicap 1
    Russia (-1.0) @ 2.50

Inforfun was right, Holland unchanged from the weekend -
    Oranje vs San Marino: Stekelenburg, Van der Wiel, Mathijsen, Heitinga, Pieters; Van Bommel, Strootman; Van Persie, Sneijder, Kuyt; Huntelaar

What do people think of Argentina so?

Edit, took over 1.5 goals in the 1st half at 6/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've chickened out of going against Ireland because of a guy over at Punters Lounge. Put me right off and also got the patriotism going in me. COME ON IRELAND (all they get is my passion and none of my money):P

Ended up with this acca and double Croatia Holland Greece and Bosnia and England -1 & Holland Bet365 for both.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Argentina -3 is 13/2 on 365

Typical, ah well its done now and was just a punt for the craic really. I put my other bets on the bigger games tonight just threw that in when seen the team lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 seanom78

lads - i have downloaded soccer stats tracker and hit program>update New results ( a few times) but i still dont see any English Results for the new season and all of the other leagues only have data up to the end of July.

its like as if the Update results is failing... has anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Everton/ Villa game looks like under 2.5..With Bent out for Villa and the past 3 seasons havent gone over 1-1..4/6

What do people think of Argentina so?

Edit, took over 1.5 goals in the 1st half at 6/4

Personally I love them, 2-0 up after 27 mins :p

• Advertisement

Uzbekistan v JAPAN: 1 Kawashima; 6 Uchida, 15 Konno, 20 Yoshida, 3 Komano; 22 Abe, 17 Hasebe, 7 Endo; 9 Okazaki, 10 Kagawa; 19 Lee

Half considering unders for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement