Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 6 - Cork - 3rd September

Options
  • 23-08-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Slight change to the date of Tempest this month thanks to the NewPort being solidly booked.
    I was going to skip a Tempest this month, but regular top 3 placer Shokashi is departing our fair land and heading across the waters to the East next month, so we best have a wee send off for him eh?

The venue for this 6th Tempest is my apartment. If you haven't been there before, give me a PM and I'll direct you. If you don't have my phone number, also PM me because our buzzer doesn't work and I won't know you're downstairs unless you ring :pac:
    There's plenty of room, so come on over! :D

Details:

Entry is €10 to the tournament.
    Casuals and registration start at 11.00. The tournament itself will start at 13.00.

Like last time, this tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s. Sorry all you PS3 boyos. Now might be a good time to invest in a converter.
    There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.

Finally, this event will be seeded based on the results from the previous events. The seed list is currently:

seedpostt5.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Yay, I'll be back from Barcelona then!

Take that as a yes then, Sai.

Should I still bring my Xbox or what though?

Yar, an xbox would be lovely. I sent my second one back to Galway at the weekend, so we're down a console for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

If anyone wants to travel with me give us a shout, or better yet lead the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

as all ways i am in, come on peeps, lets hype this thing up

• Advertisement

Also, remember that since we're not paying for a venue all of the entrance fees are going into a prize pot. Even if less people show up than normal the prizes will be substantially higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    Also, remember that since we're not paying for a venue all of the entrance fees are going into a prize pot. Even if less people show up than normal the prizes will be substantially higher.

Missed a chance for the house to take a slice..... if even for the purchasing of equipment that you may need to host future events (PS3 converter?).

Just a thought. :cool:
    Aj

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Missed a chance for the house to take a slice..... if even for the purchasing of equipment that you may need to host future events (PS3 converter?).

Just a thought. :cool:
    Aj
    I'm still thinking of doing that. I have a broken AE-less xbox here that could be put to good use if I start trimming money from entrance fees.
    I still won't do it at regular Tempests because we don't make much prize money at that as it is, but a free venue event like this one could be a handy input to future funds.

See how I feel about it on the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Not bad or was it just your ****ing heart out? Let's see how you do against a buffalo like me. I'm afraid I don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

raah! wrote: »
    Not bad or was it just your ****ing heart out? Let's see how you do against a buffalo like me. I'm afraid I don't have one.

WTF

• Advertisement

WTF

Shush, Chopper. That was clearly the greatest post that has ever been placed on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I'll be there. Throw in a 3S tourny toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

yup ill be there , Hype for the big money pot !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

It's on like a poppadom.

Sai, you might pm me your number. The real M.Bison does not know where live.

Good shtuff. Shall see y'all there~

And take all your money.

What?. Not a chance. Not been training fortghe past month to have me money taken.
    Not gonna happen.......... (please dont beat me) Coughs,

Bringing my A.game ownage will be taken place that day

Don't forget y'all, this is tomorrow.
    And also, I moved house in June, so if you're not sure you know where I live now (South Main Street) send me a PM and I'll give you my full address and phone number.

so how many of us are going, could we get a count please. mite be able to snag my brother to come along

Looks like 8-10 or something. Don't ever try and make headcounts for these things, they're very rarely accurate in any way.

• Advertisement

Up to you sairus. But if you want I could bring over my dreamcast for extra gaming

Sure why not? I have an empty house tomorrow so there's no housemates to worry about! :D

Since I'm running this one from home, you can follow along with the action! :pac:
    http://twitter.com/#!/Tempest_IE

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Since I'm running this one from home, you can follow along with the action! :pac:
    http://twitter.com/#!/Tempest_IE

Why does the twitter account have a crappy rose picture?

Change ASAP :pac:

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Why does the twitter account have a crappy rose picture?

Change ASAP :pac:

Why does this Tempest not have a crappy Adon player?

Get here ASAP :pac:

Hey Sairus, I'm smoothered with a cold today so it would be unfair to make everyone else sick. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Why does this Tempest not have a crappy Adon player?

Get here ASAP :pac:

Haven't played adon since the last time I was at ur place vs misty
    & haven't played AE in like 2 weeks =o....Waiting for the AE 2012 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sorry to miss it lads had to go home to Tralee had soome family stuff to sort out, Matt if I don't see you before you go best of luck with everything in the future and Tempest won't be the same without ya:(

I concur with Mattg, if I don't see you again before you leave, good luck with everything in the future, Matt.

• Advertisement

Quick results.
    Due to the low numbers (five :pac: ) we ran two tournaments one after the other.

Tempest 6.1
    1st - Silver Steez
    2nd - Shokashi
    3rd - Sairus

Tempest 6.2
    1st - Sairus
    2nd - Shokashi
    3rd - Silver Steez

Tempest 6 Super Grand Finals : Sairus v Silver Steez
    Winner : Silver Steez

If you want a running commentary, check out the Twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/Tempest_IE

Advertisement