Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best golf club custom fitter (Limerick area)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭acejeff

Whyner wrote: »
    Curious, just a few questions as I decided against FG a few months back and went down the lessons route instead.

How long did you have your last irons and what were they, shafts etc.... ?Would be interesting to compare.

What were your scores like with your old clubs? You mentioned they ballooned the ball so did you gain a shot or two before going for the bag overhaul?

What if, 6 months down the road your swing changes slightly and your back to the old ball flight? Hypothetically speaking. I guess I want to know if you tried to fix this issue with a pro first and how that went?

Cheers for the FG info, interesting as always. I had the cash and wanted to go myself but I'm still grooving (great word) my swing and concluded it would be impossible for them to fit a swing "in-progress". It's still on the wish list though but nowhere near the top.

I got my previous set of irons for my 21st birthday (remember it well!!) so played them for almost 6 years. They were also a set of Titleist, 735CM combo set with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft.

I was a 5 handicap at the time and didn’t manage to drop any further (no fault of the clubs, I was off 5 when I was 16 years old then my attention shifted to chasing girls and drinking). I definitely struck the ball better with these but my short game was not as sharp as in my mid to late teens as I was not playing as much.

Didn’t play much in 2009 and 2010 (was doing a part time postgrad as well as working full time) but rededicated myself at the start of 11 and have played a lot again this year.

Had a fairly successful year as at the start of the year I had sneaked up to 7 but by the end I was back to 5 with a few good singles results and I also managed to win the club foursomes matchplay and get to semi of the singles matchplay. So my regular playing partners thought I was mad when I told them I was going for an overhaul.

However I know myself that my swing has evolved (in my opinion and the opinion of my regular playing partners, other members and assistant pro at the club improved) in the last couple of years, I’m stronger than I was at 21, I stay down and hit through impact and compress the ball a bit more. As a result I felt this year I haven’t been able to control the ball flight as much as I would like, struggled to keep the ball low in the wind for example, and when I was analysed at foregolf we were able to work out that this was due to a high spin rate I put on the ball. Hence I was fitted with a shaft designed to launch mid but lower the spin rate. Like a good fitting pair of jeans you know the second you try them that they are right.

As soon as I got my irons I was getting the required ball flight, and was able to control the ball as I discussed during the fitting. I shot 73 gross (68 nett) in my first round on a windy day on a course I hadn’t played in a while, the following day I had 37 points around my home course (scoring is typically low as it is a tricky course and comps typically won with 39-40 points). I am now happy heading into the winter season that I have more control on my irons (I can control the flight better, hit it low in the wind, ball penetrates better and seems to be holding line better in a cross wind) and now my plan is to work on my short game which has sadly gone south since my teenage years! That is something that can only be fixed by hard work and perhaps a few lessons with the pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

Foregolf dont use a trackman and they are considered the best, no??

Anyone know what make Nevada Bobs use??

You are correct Foregolf don't use trackman they use a flightscopeX2.

http://www.flightscope.com/index.php/FlightScope-X2/flightscope-x2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maca33

Any update on how you got on at Foregolf ??

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Visited Foregolf last December for the hour long fitting session. From start to finish the whole experience was brilliant but I will concentrate this post on the most important aspect, the results. Since being fitted I have really improved my game off the tee. I was fitted for a driver shaft, a 5 wood and a rescue club. I kept my irons and driver head. Have also bought a 3 wood in the mean time. Having been very erratic off the tee previously I really benefitted from the new found confidence and different options off the tee. From fighting a slice constantly I am now able to work the ball both ways but I'd be lying if I said the clubs themselves will magically transform your game. Working with the clubs to improve really gives good results though. Not sure what to write about really, have you any specific questions?

Advertisement