Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on camera

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Turner wrote: »
    This was obviously a long pursuit that spanned many Garda districts, hence the amount of patrol cars involved.

Chopper is up too so no chance of them getting away.

Jesus thats some amount of cars :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Holy God, the Blues Brothers comes to Ireland!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

No hope of them getting away once the choppers overhead,that and also because they were driving a battered 90's Nissan Micra!

Wonder what the Garda at 3:17 is taking out of the boot of the avensis estate patrol car?dog unit maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

No hope of them getting away once the choppers overhead,that and also because they were driving a battered 90's Nissan Micra!

Wonder what the Garda at 3:17 is taking out of the boot of the avensis estate patrol car?dog unit maybe?

No it's white estate avenais so regular car, possibly stinger but never heard of anyone but traffic getting them.

Battered mirca could drive anywhere doesn't care about the car, members have dutie of care for public and cars... But with AS in the air not a hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

POGAN wrote: »
    No it's white estate avenais so regular car, possibly stinger but never heard of anyone but traffic getting them.

we've a stinger in the boot of our avensis estate on the regular

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That video needs to have Sweet Home Chicago played over it.
    :D:D:D

Police Dispatcher: "The use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers... has been approved."

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

Battered mirca could drive anywhere doesn't care about the car, members have dutie of care for public and cars... But with AS in the air not a hope

Everyone has a stinger. Traffic, Regular, Detective Patrol Cars

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Corcioch wrote: »

Everyone has a stinger. Traffic, Regular, Detective Patrol Cars

Thanks, taught traffic would be trained them only learn something new every day;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ireland badly needs a Traffic Cops, Coppers, Road Wars etc type show :) . Anyone know whats up with the RTE one? Not heard much about it for a while

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

yoyo wrote: »
    Ireland badly needs a Traffic Cops, Coppers, Road Wars etc type show :) . Anyone know whats up with the RTE one? Not heard much about it for a while

Nick

Traffic blues? They've done 2 seasons of it. Not sure if there's more in the pipeline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Jesus thats some amount of cars :eek:
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Sorry couldn't resist

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

source wrote: »
    Traffic blues? They've done 2 seasons of it. Not sure if there's more in the pipeline.

Tis a real shame there isn't more of these types of shows. Especially Ireland only having the one (Traffic Blues). Its about the only type of TV I watch are these shows lol :) . Isn't it something TV3 could do, I heard its cheap enough putting such a programme together, and I'm sure it would be popular.

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Tis a real shame there isn't more of these types of shows. Especially Ireland only having the one (Traffic Blues). Its about the only type of TV I watch are these shows lol :) . Isn't it something TV3 could do, I heard its cheap enough putting such a programme together, and I'm sure it would be popular.

Nick

The issue as I see it, and we're getting way off topic here, is that Garda management don't want to show what Gardai are dealing with on the street on a Saturday night etc. A traffic based show is safe to an extent as the public won't see too much.

I also firmly believe that the public are not yet ready, to see what Gardai actually have to put up with on a daily basis. People in this country, in general have a view that there is no danger to police in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

source wrote: »
    The issue as I see it, and we're getting way off topic here, is that Garda management don't want to show what Gardai are dealing with on the street on a Saturday night etc.
    Why would Garda management be reluctant to show the reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Reality is mainly what you see on the programme Coppers, that is why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Why would Garda management be reluctant to show the reality?

Because they would be asked what they have done about it

MagicSean wrote: »

And worse still, come up with an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

That eejit in the blue jacket is back again,challenging the inspector to a fight at 3.38.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Well done that Cig.....well done those members. Very Professional operation.

Only thing missing is a Public Order unit and a few arrests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hooch wrote: »
    Only thing missing is a Public Order unit and a few arrests.

As you wish

The End of Occupy Melbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

"That Garda wacked my head off the wall. Im only 15. Im a minor, he can't do that"

You're only 15. WTF are you even doing there?!

Jesus, I love the way they think they are all high and mighty yet go around calling the Gardaí w**kers. Class A Citizens right there.

Somebody should tell them the Gardaí are just doing their jobs. Oh, wait, that would mean they would have nothing to shout at... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

It starts to get a bit like this.

"I have spoken to the Police"

"I HAVE SPOKEN TO THE POLICE!"

"No, no don't repeat this bit"

"NO,NO, DON'T REPEAT THIS BIT!"

"Stop it guys, we look silly. Nobody will take us seriously"

"STOP IT GUYS, WE LOOK SILLY. NOBODY WILL TAKE US SERIOUSLY!"

"Feck this, i'm going back to samba band practice, losers."

"FECK THIS, I'M GOING BACK TO SAMBA BAND PRACTICE, LOSERS!"

"No, stay here. You're idiots. You're sheeple, just like the cops. Stop repeating what I say and leave me alone."

"NO, STAY HERE. YOU'RE IDIOTS. YOU'RE SHEEPLE, JUST LIKE THE COPS. STOP REPEATING WHAT I SAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty occupier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The best thing about the gardai dismantling the dame st occupation was....

The rest of the "99%" didn't give a ****. The ordinary people of ireland had absolutely no commentary on the actions seen in the above clips, because they don't care what a few hairy career protesters do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Who's Streets? Our Streets!

Wish I'd been there. I would have grabbed a megaphone and politely replied "Well, they're my streets too, and I'd like you to get up off them, stop acting like spoilt brats, stop treating the Gardaí with contempt, and let people about their business like normal, respectful human beings."

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

563137_152442084879357_100003406981650_189104_112492041_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

MagicSean wrote: »

I still don't get it. I don't think anyone particularly blames the Gardai for what happens on our streets. Gardai aren't responsible for social engineering, education policy, justice policy etc. They just get to clean up the messy end result.

What's the huge difference between Ireland and the UK? How come many UK forces are very happy to show this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

What's the huge difference between Ireland and the UK? How come many UK forces are very happy to show this stuff?

Write to the Commissioner......because no one here has the answer to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MissEmcee

I'll bet most of them are on welfare (professional protestors) i.e. don't want to work! Most of them don't even know what they are protesting against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

That eejit in the blue jacket is back again,challenging the inspector to a fight at 3.38.

Its challenging enough not to just burst out laughing at how pathetic some of them are, especially the chap in the 9 minutes ara.

As if its not bad enough using up all the guards time, calling the ambulance, for what im sure is just part of the show is nearly worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

swiftblade wrote: »
    "That Garda wacked my head off the wall. Im only 15. Im a minor, he can't do that"

You're only 15. WTF are you even doing there?!

Jesus, I love the way they think they are all high and mighty yet go around calling the Gardaí w**kers. Class A Citizens right there.

Somebody should tell them the Gardaí are just doing their jobs. Oh, wait, that would mean they would have nothing to shout at... :mad:
    Doing their job does not involve assaulting minors. The video also shows a garda about 4 mins in kicking. This is not part of his job. If it was it wouldnt be showing his collegue grabbing him by the arm stopping him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement