Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hong Kong Customs block airsoft gun shipment to Ireland

Options
  • 22-08-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I placed an order last Wednesday for an ACM PPK, paid my money by paypal and waited paitently until this morning when I found an email from PayPal saying I had been refunded my money. Shortly followed an email apologising for the refund saying that HK Customs has blocked the shipment of Airsoft Guns to Ireland... Anybody else hear anything like that recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

delta_xray wrote: »
    I placed an order last Wednesday for an ACM PPK, paid my money by paypal and waited paitently until this morning when I found an email from PayPal saying I had been refunded my money. Shortly followed an email apologising for the refund saying that HK Customs has blocked the shipment of Airsoft Guns to Ireland... Anybody else hear anything like that recently?

What shop did you buy it from?
    Which carrier did you pay for/request? (It makes a difference)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Was the shipping method EMS or did the company what to use EMS ? EMS stopped shipping rifs to the republic a few years ago you will need to use a courier like TNT UPS or Fedex

• Registered Users Posts: 30 delta_xray

sorry that info wouldve been handy. i used airsoft panda, and the only 2 options available to me were both Hong Kong Post/ Mail service. (Possibly EMS)

- yes, in fact it was EMS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

This is that silly crap over them thinking Ireland is somehow covered by the UK VCRA. Again. Then claiming that An Post had instructed them on legality when they had not. And of course, since An Post had done no such thing, they didn't see why they should have to contact HK Post to deal with the matter.

/sigh

Someone buy them [HK Post] an atlas and be done with it. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Please if you have a choice of shipping company, do not use Fedex. They are hard to contact, handling fee, and they don't take cash at your door. You would have to pay the customs+fee by bank draft or credit card. I get stuff in time and time again, I would suggest TNT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement