Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

We'll suffer together <3

We will indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Same, I'm falling asleep every day after school! :(
    I'm the same but when it cones to this time I start getting distracted even though I'm tired it's near impossible to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've been up since 8, but I'm still not tired :( And at this point I wouldn't even mind pre mocks or whatever, I need to break the monotony somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

leaveiton wrote: »
    Have you done additional poetry? You can either do 5 extra poems or a text like An Triail

Nope :( Ugh my teacher is USELESS!

Nope :( Ugh my teacher is USELESS!

Have you done any sort of drama/ novel thingy? :eek: Although there is still loads of time to cover 5 more poems if you've done a fair bit in other areas! It's not even worth that much for how long you spend studying it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm the same but when it cones to this time I start getting distracted even though I'm tired it's near impossible to sleep!
    Same! And then when I start feeling bad for still being online at 1am I just say "arah sure I slept for a few hours after school!" and stay up later. It's a vicious cycle. :(

@coffeelover - are you doing honours or pass Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

*Lefty repeatedly head desks* Higher level physics, with a mongloid teacher sucks...

Does anyone know what the craic is with these maths bonus points? I know that you count it if it's one of your best subjects point wise, but my cousin then said that the colleges don't accept it that way. I'm going by what it says in the CAO handbook, I dunno this craic about the colleges. But sure if that was the case then what's the point of the bonus points then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Absolutely no motivation to do my english poets question lads...

I've got the same sh*t to do.
    What poet are you doing these days?

I've got the same sh*t to do.
    What poet are you doing these days?

The question I did was on Rich... I just don't like her. Doing Plath now, she's not too bad. But I don't think we've hit her heavy stuff yet :)

• Advertisement

I'm sick of poetry the doesn't even rhyme!!!
    If a Poet says a few lines that consists of difficult words from the dictionary, it is linked to something really special/ordinary. And if we say it, people call it gibberish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey guys wondering if you could help me :O
    We have to dress up as superheroes on Friday for event we are planning !! Anyone any ideas what i could dress up as ? my friends are going as powerpuff girls, teenage mutant ninja turtles , superman , robin etc so kinda stuck for idea thats not been takin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

ahh sure anybody else feel like the days drag, but at the same time theyre going dead fast?? i keep getting that o.O

pre mocks/ "Xmas" exams start in two weeks...bleugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

October exams in like 3 weeks! :O

UKCAT this thursday and have only done a bit! :(

Have to finish my personal statement by next Monday.

Must start practicing for the HPAT.

Have an enormous amount of homework piled up.

Wow....I have loads to do and only so much time. Fml. Repeating is so hard! :(

We have to dress up as superheroes on Friday for event we are planning !! Anyone any ideas what i could dress up as ? my friends are going as powerpuff girls, teenage mutant ninja turtles , superman , robin etc so kinda stuck for idea thats not been takin :(

Me personally, I would make a perfect Hulk! :D

SuperWoman?
    Cat Woman?

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    October exams in like 3 weeks! :O

UKCAT this thursday and have only done a bit! :(

Have to finish my personal statement by next Monday.

Must start practicing for the HPAT.

Have an emormous amount of homework piled up.

Wow....I have loads to do and only so much time. Fml. Repeating is so hard! :(

I'm also doing the HPAT. Where is it?
    And it's only the general knowledge?

I am from Cork and it'll probably be in UCC here...it was there last year anyway!
    No, it's not general knowledge! It's an aptitude test. You can read more about it Here

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So tired I could die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You are in the best school in the entire world.

You can never go wrong with catwoman? Personally i have always wanted to dress up as charizard....

Also if you manage to get your hands on a large cardboard box spongebob is really easy to make look great.

It'll be Galway or Sligo closest for us rusty!

• Advertisement

I am from Cork and it'll probably be in UCC here...it was there last year anyway!
    No, it's not general knowledge! It's an aptitude test. You can read more about it Here

It says that Non-EU students are exempt from HPAT.
    I'm not doing Irish or French anyway, I'll have to have a chat with the Career Guidance woman Tomorrow.

It'll be Galway or Sligo closest for us rusty!

NUIG seems more likely. It's the closest from Clifden.

NUIG seems more likely. It's the closest from Clifden.

Not sure if it was nuig or gmit halls last year.

It says that Non-EU students are exempt from HPAT.
    I'm not doing Irish or French anyway, I'll have to have a chat with the Career Guidance woman Tomorrow.

I don't do Irish either as I wasn't born in Ireland but there's some rule that if you have been living in Ireland and have been in full time 2nd level education for more than 3 years (in Ireland) then you are considered an EU student? I'm not sure, talking to a guidance counsellor will be better. But I have to do the HPAT, I emailed them and everything last year so ya, it might be the same for you! But do talk to the guidance counsellor. :)

I don't do Irish either as I wasn't born in Ireland but there's some rule that if you have been living in Ireland and have been in full time 2nd level education for more than 3 years (in Ireland) then you are considered an EU student? I'm not sure, talking to a guidance counsellor will be better. But I have to do the HPAT, I emailed them and everything last year so ya, it might be the same for you! But do talk to the guidance counsellor. :)

I joined in since TY. So my 3 years won't be up until the end of LC. But yes, I do need to talk to the Counsellor.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the craic is with these maths bonus points? I know that you count it if it's one of your best subjects point wise, but my cousin then said that the colleges don't accept it that way. I'm going by what it says in the CAO handbook, I dunno this craic about the colleges. But sure if that was the case then what's the point of the bonus points then? :confused:
    Its more straight forward than that I think 25 points for a D3 or higher you can count it for points as long as its a pass!

I joined in since TY. So my 3 years won't be up until the end of LC. But yes, I do need to talk to the Counsellor.
    Oh right! Ya, a guidance counsellor will be able to help better than me. Good luck with it! You'll be so lucky if you don't have to do it. :P

Oh right! Ya, a guidance counsellor will be able to help better than me. Good luck with it! You'll be so lucky if you don't have to do it. :P

I don't want to do it but at the same time, I DO want it. It's all about the extra 200 points. :D

I don't want to do it but at the same time, I DO want it. It's all about the extra 200 points. :D

Haha, true lol. If you're good at it then it's probably better to do it but if you're not, then I dunno lol. :P

• Advertisement

Haha, true lol. If you're good at it then it's probably better to do it but if you're not, then I dunno lol. :P

I did one before the Summer, never got the results. I'll try and find out about the results tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement