Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Idea

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just an update on what's going on now. I've spoken to Vanessa Lacey, development worker with TENI (teni.ie). The good people at TENI are going to help out and more than I expected with such things as editing of submission and funding for publishing.

They feel it's alittle ambitious, but would like if something has been sent to a publisher in November/December and hoping to have it published not long after. I'm only passing on what I know so far and have yet to wait and find out more. So anyone interested in providing a written submission can pm me if you all like.

Don't worry, I'll be providing further updates as I get it and no one will be left in the lurch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm just bumping this to see if there is any further support for the idea and to if anyone else wants to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im very interested in taking part,
    have you a email I can contact you on???

I prefer not to give my email out on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I prefer not to give my email out on a public forum.

Perhaps you could set up a new email address just for this book

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I like your thinking mango. So it's damo300@gmail.com for anyone really.

Sorry for the bump guys. Had to be done.

Provided my own short and sweet version of my own experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Have you had many/any submissions? I've been keeping an eye on this thread, its all very interesting, delighted to see you actually going out and turning your idea into reality, best of luck.
    I'll give my considerations to submitting something, have to mull over whether I have anything to add worth putting pen to paper over.

Haven't had much interest yet, but TENI has taken my idea and are going with it which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Get the word out there! Maybe go through the resource sticky here for other forums you could ask in/organisations you could use to find people? Have you considered writing to some known names for submissions? It might drum up some extra interest in the finished product.

• Advertisement

I like your thinking wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are you strictly looking for people who are out to share their submissions? I'm 17 and not out. (Hence the guest name, to cover all the bases. :P)

Advertisement