Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Latex in forum posts

Registered Users Posts: 1,501 Delphi91

Hi all,

Not sure if the query belongs here or in the Maths forum, but here goes anyway!

How do you put LateX output (i.e. the typeset equations) into a boards post? Is the equation created externally and then pasted in?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Hi,

It's ok, I figured it out!

• It might have been an idea to share the answer with the forum. :)

If anyone else is wondering, simples: wrap the LaTeX code in [latex] tags.

• Ah ha, I didn't even realise that was possible.

• I know it's often frowned upon to bring up age old threads, but I'll do it anyway, since I just discovered the LaTeX functionality on Boards yesterday. I was very surprised, however, to see that when I typed + in an equation it was ignored. Have other people experienced this? E.g. this equation is supposed to be y = ax + b, but as you can see the + is missing: [latex]y = ax + b[/latex].

• sigmundv wrote: »
    I know it's often frowned upon to bring up age old threads, but I'll do it anyway, since I just discovered the LaTeX functionality on Boards yesterday. I was very surprised, however, to see that when I typed + in an equation it was ignored. Have other people experienced this? E.g. this equation is supposed to be y = ax + b, but as you can see the + is missing: [latex]y = ax + b[/latex].

The + sign is there. What somethimes happens is that the signs disappear if you edit a post. To get around that problem, click on "go advanced" when you are editing.

• Advertisement

• TheBody wrote: »
    The + sign is there. What somethimes happens is that the signs disappear if you edit a post. To get around that problem, click on "go advanced" when you are editing.
    Haha, now I see it! Thank you for the tip anyway!

• sigmundv wrote: »
    Haha, now I see it! Thank you for the tip anyway!

No probs.

Advertisement