Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I bought hundreds of boxes of Daz but still no luck !!!

I don't think there's enough washing powder on the planet... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Easter Island heads--how the heck =s
    Maddie McCann, hope to find out the truth to the mysterty before I meet my maker!
    The lighthouse guys that vanished but I'm sure that was due to getting washed at sea or something....still interesting to me though!
    I know it's not "unsolved" but love the rarity in St Elmo's Fire and ball lightening :)

Finally, in pounds, did she spend or weigh more?

Absolutely loving this thread, spent most of yesterday and today reading it =D Cheers OP!

Looks like we've all inspired a whole new forum :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1291

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

How could we inspire the creation of a forum that was created two years ago?

Now there's a mystery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

JonBenet Ramsey, young girl murdered in her home in Colorado
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBenét_Ramsey

Always had an interest in that case
    Loads of documentaries on youtube and around the internet if you're interested

The parents got a lot of hostility for "lawyering up" but realy, that's what many educated and well off people.
    I'm not saying I'm either of those but I was ever arrested for anything I would say nothing without a solicitor present.
    But some think they needed lawyers as they had something to hide which is not fair

There are worrying areas in their family life but nothing terrible and certainly nothing to say they deserved to be hounded by the media.
    But then the case attracted huge attention with many saying it's a pretty white girl from a good family. The same way the McCann case got huge attention but people wondered if she was a black girl from a council estate would the media even care

The case drew out the crackpots. About six years ago a man confessed to it and was flown in from abroad to meet the police. It was clear to all that he was an attention seeker and not the full shilling but he still had to be questioned. And he was then released.

Never been solved anyway, I do believe an intruder did it but unless someone confesses on their deathbed it'll be never be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I was about to say sorry for dragging up an old thread but I'm glad to see its still going, a friend just shared this with me that I think you will all like for a bit of bed time reading.

http://www.phocks.org/stumble/creepy/

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I was about to say sorry for dragging up an old thread but I'm glad to see its still going, a friend just shared this with me that I think you will all like for a bit of bed time reading.

Thanks for this post . A nice bit of late night reading here

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

Seriously though the amount of young women that went missing in Ireland in the 90's and early 00's is mystifying, Deirdre Jacob, Fiona Pender, Jo Jo Dollard and lots more.

Must be awful for their familes.

Popular belief points to Larry Murphy as the killer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The Oak Island Money Pit! Just Simply Very Very wierd!

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2011/10/mysterious-hole-in-canada-that-has-been.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

4leto wrote: »
    Some ancient history mysteries. How did they build the pryramids, how did the ancient babylonians get that blue glaze on the Ishtar Gate without computer controlled kilm thermostats (the temperature has to be kept with in narrow limits or you don't get the glaze).

But my favorite is corn on the cob, they have no idea how the meso Americans got it, It is derived from a certain type maize crop but very far removed from it. It was the first type of engineered plant that needed man to produce it. The seeds have to be manually removed from the husk if we were to disappear tomorrow so would corn on the cob.

Its as if they used genetical engineering, but of course they didn't.

I could be wrong but most humans cannot digest the corn, so we eat it and sh1t out somewhere, so it gets planted in some way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Anyone hear they have a new suspect for the D.B cooper case. Also anyone hear the stuff you missed in history class podcast about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

How they get the fig into the fig roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Doom wrote: »
    I could be wrong but most humans cannot digest the corn, so we eat it and sh1t out somewhere, so it gets planted in some way.....

Well yes, but if a corn hob fell on the ground it wouldn't grow. So it was the firs plant that need man to cultivate it.

Now with genetical engineering we have loads of those types of plants.

pipelaser wrote: »
    Popular belief points to Larry Murphy as the killer

He never came to mind for all those mysterious killings/disappearings but it seems so obvious now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

billybudd wrote: »
    How they get the fig into the fig roll.

You're only the 5th genius to put that in this thread already :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

why people in the US of A believe in chemtrails

there are over half a million people in the US with pilots licenses, any one of who could take their own air samples and send it off to any number of commercial labs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Delancey wrote: »
    You're only the 5th genius to put that in this thread already :rolleyes:

How do they get the square choc chips into choc muffins without melting them from their square shape.

Why does Superman insist in staying in Smallville when the area is contaminated with kryptonite, why doesn't he go to Ireland where there is none.

Errr why do I keep watching Smallville they are whipping it to death, why don't they just put the cape on him and be done with it.

It was excellent for the first 3 series, when it was Smallvile but now it is more Metropolis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

4leto wrote: »
    yet when the universe ends and your fridge door is still up right the magnetic power will still fade.

My favourite unsolved mystery is what type of feckin fridge does 4leto have that will emerge unscathed when the universe ends!

:eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement

GAAman wrote: »
    My favourite unsolved mystery is what type of feckin fridge does 4leto have that will emerge unscathed when the universe ends!

:eek:

:pac:

A magnetic fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

mikemac wrote: »
    JonBenet Ramsey, young girl murdered in her home in Colorado
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBenét_Ramsey

Always had an interest in that case
    Loads of documentaries on youtube and around the internet if you're interested

The parents got a lot of hostility for "lawyering up" but realy, that's what many educated and well off people.
    I'm not saying I'm either of those but I was ever arrested for anything I would say nothing without a solicitor present.
    But some think they needed lawyers as they had something to hide which is not fair

There are worrying areas in their family life but nothing terrible and certainly nothing to say they deserved to be hounded by the media.
    But then the case attracted huge attention with many saying it's a pretty white girl from a good family. The same way the McCann case got huge attention but people wondered if she was a black girl from a council estate would the media even care

The case drew out the crackpots. About six years ago a man confessed to it and was flown in from abroad to meet the police. It was clear to all that he was an attention seeker and not the full shilling but he still had to be questioned. And he was then released.

Never been solved anyway, I do believe an intruder did it but unless someone confesses on their deathbed it'll be never be closed

This case is really interesting because whoever did it left a ransom note using paper from inside the house.
    I wonder why a sicko who planned on murdering a small child in her own home would even bother to pretend hes kidnapping her..
    But to be clear, I don't think the parents did it.

Why is it the media always turns on the families of victims who don't display what they deem to be the "correct" amount of grief. It happened with the McCanns too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

why do i have dyslexia....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

why do i have dyslexia....

Because in yuor psat lfei you were htirel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Why is it the media always turns on the families of victims who don't display what they deem to be the "correct" amount of grief. It happened with the McCanns too.

Because it's more often the family who kill a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Why is this link in there? Doesn't seem very creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mahavishnu_Orchestra

Or this one on decompression sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,570 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    He never came to mind for all those mysterious killings/disappearings but it seems so obvious now :eek:

No females disappeared while Larry was inside. He worked in all the areas that the girls went missing from but as yet there is no evidence other than circumstantial evidence to link him to any of them. He refused to answer any questions when interviewed about them apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

What exactly is it that Meat Loaf WONT do for love.?
    Personally i would do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

The murder of Raonaid Murray
    Rainaid was an Irish murder victim, stabbed to death at the age of 17 in the early hours of Saturday morning, 4 September 1999. As of September 2009, ten years after the murder, this case remains unsolved. The murder weapon has not been located either. How could this kid be murdered so close to home and no one be ever found guilty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

The murder of Raonaid Murray
    Rainaid was an Irish murder victim, stabbed to death at the age of 17 in the early hours of Saturday morning, 4 September 1999. As of September 2009, ten years after the murder, this case remains unsolved. The murder weapon has not been located either. How could this kid be murdered so close to home and no one be ever found guilty?

I remember this very well. My grandparents lived near where she was murdered. It has always intrigued me and I wonder if anyone will ever be caught.

Advertisement