Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol - how much do you drink on a typical night out?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

later10 wrote: »
    I find alcohol to be an overly expensive drug for what you get from it these days, so my only alcohol consumption on nights out tends to be red wine with dinner. After that I prefer non alcohol based recreational drugs to help me find Rihanna and Lady Gaga not only bearable on nights out, but profound.

If that's the effect it's not fuckin' worth it, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i think i may be getting old :eek:

i can still drink my friends under the table and round the room, but i think i can handle less than i used to.

lets see its something like 2 bottles wine, 6ish shots, some cocktails and several double jd and cokes now

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

For a standard night out, 2 btls wine before town, 3/4 btls of bud in a pub and then 3/4 vodka dbls in a club. Thats once a week maximum and im never comatose drunken...i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

about 10 pints or so,maybe 12 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

for me its twelve pints, and about 6 - 8 doubles of the captain/jd/absolut. odd shot of sambuca doesnt go for wanting either! :D

That's quote a capacity for drink you have there. Also must be very expensive. You should probably never fill out an organ donor card, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I've made the mistake of having some wine. Now I have a thirst on me but I'm out of alcohol.

I have some instant yeast and brown sugar, what do I do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Depends. I don't drink too much anymore really, about 5 or 6 bottles and a few shots would be about the norm these days. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Depends. I don't drink too much anymore really, about 5 or 6 bottles and a few shots would be about the norm these days. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    As a famous Irish socialite was once rumoured to have done when faced with a similar predicament, it may be time to pour yourself a shot of Chanel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

hdowney wrote: »
    lets see its something like 2 bottles wine, 6ish shots, some cocktails and several double jd and cokes now

Wow some people are really full of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Found some Mead. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Bottle of rosé before I head out, and after that, well my laser card is my guide......

It usually ends quite badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

8 pack dutch gold - the brew of kings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I've always found that the fools who say they can drink anyone under the table, are usually the one's talking from under that very same table. We call 'em Skunks, smell like 'em too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Mark25

Used to have about 10 pints and maybe a couple of vodka and red bull but got into trouble when on the drink so have cut down - 4 or 5 pints now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Roughly 10 bottles and a few shots before I go out and then 6-8 Captain and Orange or JD and Coke in the pub/club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Wow some people are really full of shít.

gee arn't you nice. i am actually not joking about how much i can drink, but i will usually have either the cocktails or the jd depending on where i am. although the last time i went out i only had 1 1/2 bottles of wine, 4 cans bulmers, shot of sambucca and 2 pints of bulmers. so not too much

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭shaunandelly

About half a dozen bottles. I can't stand the hangovers anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

5-6 cans before going out, 7-8 pints in the pub. Try and stay clear of the spirits but U should always leave room for an oul snackbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

about 6 or so ice-cold cans is a good starting point. drinking 6 pints in a pub is preferable but it's just too expensive now

Funny (or not so) that in this economic climate we've reverted back to out teenage years of boozing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

for me its twelve pints, and about 6 - 8 doubles of the captain/jd/absolut. odd shot of sambuca doesnt go for wanting either! :D
    I you're not bull****ting I'd say you're one of those sloppy messes who wrecks the head of everyone else in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

8-10 cans maybe 2 or 3 times a week, maybe less even. Not into the whole going out thing, drink far less than I used to, if I had 12 I'd be dying the next day, after anything over 6/7 its pritty much a guaranteed hangover, I'm only 23 :(

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

In the last 9 days I have spent well in excess of 600 euro drinking, and have had 3 sober days...So I guess about a hundred a nightish. With 12-15 pints, 4 doubles and maybe a shot or 2.

I am not drinking for the next 23 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

In the last 9 days I have spent well in excess of 600 euro drinking, and have had 3 sober days...So I guess about a hundred a nightish. With 12-15 pints, 4 doubles and maybe a shot or 2.

I am not drinking for the next 23 days.

minidazzler, I always thought you were a chick with that username! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

too bloody much, wish i was a lightweight and i wouldnt be feeling how i am right now!

Advertisement