Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic/Cregg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 obrienreb

Anybody hear anything new from cregg??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 heythereall

obrienreb wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything new from cregg??

Nope not a word was wondering the same myself today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 esturion

Heard from Cregg this morning re assessment held on September 16th 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

Nope not a word was wondering the same myself today!

Ring them, plague them, pester them! Make sure they know you're still keen on the job.

If possible tell them that you're open to work any shifts that have vacancies etc.
    For instance, if you gave evenings as first preference in the interview, your name is probably in a file just for evenings, so if they're just hiring for days, your name may never be seen. So if your circumstances allow (and I know it isn't that simple for many people) perhaps call them and tell them that you'd be willing to work on whatever shift they need people for next.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mayocyclist

Starting thursday at last........... :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 IntotheWest100

Hi Mayocyclist I am wondering when did you do the assessment, interview and medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Got an email yesterday to say I'd be called for interview in late October early November.

empacher wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday to say I'd be called for interview in late October early November.

I done all the parts assessment in July, interview and medical about 2 months ago have not heard anything since.

My assesment was on the 25/7 and i got offered the evening shift. Cregg did mention that they would be calling another batch of people next week.

• Advertisement

My assesment was on the 25/7 and i got offered the evening shift. Cregg did mention that they would be calling another batch of people next week.

Fingers and legs are crossed, need the money Christmas is arriving. I had said any shift to them but I think she put me in the daytime shift I must give a call to Cregg from what I see wrote on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smells like...

Anyone know what the average waiting time between sending the application into Cregg and being asked to go to the assessment would be?? Thanks

I was about 2-3 weeks waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smells like...

Thanks! Sent in an application last week and just a touch impatient! I'll bide my time for another while before I start pestering them :-)

Everyone after months of waiting for Cregg to get back to me I sent my cv to ICE agency in Galway 2 days ago. I am going for assessment tomorrow, for Boston Scientific (just putting this up for anyone really worried about not getting work). Cregg don't appear to care at all I have emailed and called them numerous times, with no response.

Ok update for anyone waiting response from Cregg I have been offered employment off them in a role which suits my qualifications. I had thought that they would never get back to me, 5months I was waiting. I almost had taken a role on production line in Boston Scientific. Basically for those of you waiting they are still interested unless they gave you a definite no! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cateog

I rang the Creig office last week and the office lady said that there may not be much activity before Christmas as in they may not be looking for more people to start in Medtronic before then. Medtronic make the request for people and Creig fill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elizabethmgm

Hi,
    received an email from Cregg today ,saying that Medtronic have fulfilled all their requirements ,so they could not offer me a job, but will keep me on their panel for 12 months, I have all the process steps ,interview and medical passed since early September.Just wondering has anyone else heard anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Hi,
    received an email from Cregg today ,saying that Medtronic have fulfilled all their requirements ,so they could not offer me a job, but will keep me on their panel for 12 months, I have all the process steps ,interview and medical passed since early September.Just wondering has anyone else heard anything .

I've done all that about 12 months ago and never heard a word since despite them saying they would keep me on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elizabethmgm

God so unprofessional of them ,well thanks for letting me know ,time to move on and start looking elsewhere , I wouldn mind but I worked for Medtronic for 6 years , I left in 2005 and they were a fabulous company to work for, pity they have started going through a recruitment agency ,because if you had passed all the interview stages ,and they have taken loads on over 2014 it must have been a mistake on creggs behalf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

i believe they will be taking on more after xmas as they are building a new factory on site at the back of building 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cateog

I have received two emails recently with updates - one identical to the one just posted. I rang the office, spoke to someone who said it will likely be after Christmas. When I did my interview Medtronic were looking for people and they are not at the moment so I obviously need to bide my time - think Craig are quite professional to deal with and I don't think there is any point in blaming needlessly. Why don't you give them a ring and see why you weren't emailed. I heard separately that there was a new area that will need more people in the new year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hi all,

I've just started looking for factory work in Galway. First off, how many factories like Medtronic and Boston are there in town? I'm not familiar with them. Secondly, what's the best way of getting as many applications in as possible? Do Cregg only do Medtronic? Any other recruitment agencies??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharxmayo

Starting thurs☺

• Registered Users Posts: 25,698 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

S12b wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just started looking for factory work in Galway. First off, how many factories like Medtronic and Boston are there in town? I'm not familiar with them. Secondly, what's the best way of getting as many applications in as possible? Do Cregg only do Medtronic? Any other recruitment agencies??

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Cregg to Creganna, too.

Not sure who Merit Medical or Coviden use.

And I'm not sure how big some of the others are. Certainly no one else is the size of Medtroinic and Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nikita28

Merit Medical doesn't use any agency as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 olitoni82

sharxmayo wrote: »
    Starting thurs☺

Which shift Cregg offered to u?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharxmayo

olitoni82 wrote: »
    Which shift Cregg offered to u?

Evening shift

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chitchatz

Wow......... I am a previous medtronic/cregg employee. I am amazed at the amount of people looking to gain employment within medtronic. Personally I would go for any other company. Medtronic allow workplace bullying to occur, most staff are young (that alone is a tell tale sign of a bad company to work for). Try Boston Scientific, merit medical, cregganna any company but Medtronic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

In a company of over 3000 yours is one experience. Most people recognise it as a good place to work.

Advertisement