Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGO MEGA DUAL COIL CARTOMISERS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Well, my 2 mega carts are dead - got about a week from each one until I got a burnt taste all the time, which wasn't bad going. So I got some normal cartomisers for testing new liquids with with in the meantime. Maybe I just used the mega ones for too long, but now I'm back using a standard cartomiser, I'm not actually sure that the mega ones were actually that much better.

The new ones didn't come with socks though, which means I can't use the handy way of filling it that Sir Digby Chicken Caesar posted earlier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I got a normal 510 atty for dripping my new flavours in and... i was shocked at how much I enjoyed it

im wondering how much of the preference for different atomisers is down to getting sick of a particular one, and just.. some sort of placebo affect

i have some more mega ones now, and my 510 dripper and because I had money left on my 3v voucher I had to spend I got some regular dcc's so.. I guess I'll spend the new few weeks trying to figure out which atty I should stick with :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Argh, have to refill it already. Now I remember why the mega ones were better.

lol

OK, definitely going back to the mega carts. I'm constantly refilling the standard carts, and it's a bit of a pain. I do have a drip tip, but I find filling the rubber cap and pushing the cart into it is the best way to fill it.

The only thing I like about the normal cartomiser is that I bought some clear ones this time, which means it's really easy to tell when the liquid is nearly gone, and how much to put in. The screw on cone thing doesn't fit over it though, so it looks a bit bare.

• Advertisement

whenever I tried the clear dcc's they fell apart on me after a days use, each time
    well.. one of them might have lasted two days, but I was not impressed at all
    my drip tip wouldnt fit properly into them so it was always wobbly, and whenever I had to unscrew it from the battery i ran the risk of the screwy bit at the bottom becoming detached from the plastic body and the filling becoming loose

wasn't long ordering a few stainless steel/blacks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'm bloody livid!

I thought these things were the final solution for low maintenance thick and consistent vaping, boy was I wrong, I've opened no less than three of these today and each and every one is performing worse than a tank with an added bonus of a horrid throat hit. :mad:

Couple this with Joye changing their recipes every two weeks :rolleyes: and that's it, I've had enough I'm officially quitting vaping, everything's packed up and put in to a dark corner of the home. I swapped the menthol Sir Digby wasn't mad about and now I can see why, it's completely different from what I had last :(

When you get everything right (liquid/atty), vaping is excellent, absolutely love it but I'm just sick of poor tasting liquids and parts that are consistently inconsistent, it's just infuriating.

I'm not done with vaping, but I'm still not convinced about the mega cartridges. They did all work - very well at first - but they didn't seem to last that long. Plus they're very big.

I'm tempted to just get twice the amount of DCCs for the same price, and have a few pre-filled ones to carry around.

whenever I tried the clear dcc's they fell apart on me after a days use, each time

Yep, I noticed the same - very fragile, and as I said, too wide for the cone that should go over it. The black ones were better, but the covering scraped off them quite easily, so the stainless ones are the ones to go with I think.

The one I first opened is still going strong 12 days on and still bellowing out vape (was until I packed it all away) longevity wasn't really an issue, consistency is my gripe.

Have to agree with you on the regulars though, the silver ones are the best i'm not bothered about colour coordination, particularly having peeled off the black coating I noticed it was caked in glue, got me wondering what type of glue is used, the LR versions get very hot and some glues release fumes when heated.

The problem though with the smaller one's is you often end up getting juice on the end of the tip as is the case with all the smaller versions, that wasn't an issue with the XL.

im getting kinda sick of these too

every pack of 3 i've gotten, at least 1 of them has been a dud

this current pack, the first one lasted 11 days so im happy with that but i opened the second last night and the vapour production was just terrible. even the flavour was off. I figured it might have been the juice so i kept vaping away with it, figuring i'd try another flavour in it once it ran out and see what the story was. Just filled it up a half hour ago and while it has improved it's nowhere near as good as thefirst one was.

I'm having to fight the urge to break open the third mega carto I got in the pack just to test it out. I'm going to keep using it for another couple of days.. im thinking maybe it was the juice that was the problem, and that even though I was getting the dry flavour that it hadn't actually completely dried out so the poor vapour producing juice is still messing things up. Maybe time will solve this, I hope anyway.

I really prefer the vapour production and flavour out of these atties but this lack of consistency is going to drive me back to regular dual coil's very quickly.

• Advertisement

Yep, I'm done with them too for the time being, and will just have a couple of extra regular ones on me.

I've little will power... instead of picking up a smoke I dug out the box and tested these again after not vaping for most of the day, 3/4 are now actually working well, but one of them still has a bad throat hit, still too inconsistent for my liking.

im getting kinda sick of these too

every pack of 3 i've gotten, at least 1 of them has been a dud

this current pack, the first one lasted 11 days so im happy with that but i opened the second last night and the vapour production was just terrible. even the flavour was off. I figured it might have been the juice so i kept vaping away with it, figuring i'd try another flavour in it once it ran out and see what the story was. Just filled it up a half hour ago and while it has improved it's nowhere near as good as thefirst one was.

I'm having to fight the urge to break open the third mega carto I got in the pack just to test it out. I'm going to keep using it for another couple of days.. im thinking maybe it was the juice that was the problem, and that even though I was getting the dry flavour that it hadn't actually completely dried out so the poor vapour producing juice is still messing things up. Maybe time will solve this, I hope anyway.

I really prefer the vapour production and flavour out of these atties but this lack of consistency is going to drive me back to regular dual coil's very quickly.

well its completely dead now, not even a hint of vapour production i'm just straight inhaling through it

meh
    i have one more still sealed inn its wrapping but im not sure im bothered with them anymore. if it ends up being a dud too, that's 4-5ml of juice wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elipsoid

I've been using one of these for about 2 weeks now and it's still working great, haven't had to break out the rest of the pack yet, so can't vouch for batch quality control.
    One gripe I do have with them is that they get very hot very quickly, and this really seems to effect he flavor, probably due to certaiin compounds in the mix becoming more mobile and vaporising quicker than others. A fresh refill after a days vaping seems to me to taste a lot less harsh.
    I also have a single coil LR mega, and although I have a diiferent juice in it, so it's not a scientific comparason, the vapor producion from that seems about the same, and the flavor remains consistent, only downside is that they are far more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Im suprised too hear these stories about inconsistency, mine are smok tech (its printed on the carto) and Ive never had a problem, where are you folks getting these from.

Not printed on the the carto but they are Smok tech, came in the Smok tech box. Got mine from solovapor.es my bro ordered a few from there aswell, so far he's only found 1 dud out of 5.

For every dud it cost me €3 and wasted liquid, stay well clear of the smaller 3.5ml version, it's not that they are inconsistent as such, just consistently poor in general imo. (and these have the smok tech printed)

anyone tried cleaning theirs out?

i gave a couple of mine that I was finished with a quick run through last night and the performance has increased and flavour too

I threw them into a saucepan of water and set it boiling for about 10 minutes. then empty water and refill, boil again. repeated that process 3 times until the steam from the pan no longer smelled of whatever flavour juices I'd been vaping

then I blew through them at the atomiser end, stuck the oven on a low heat (gas mark 2) and threw them in for 30 minutes.
    only tested one of the mega's now but it's as if i'd just opened it new (and it actually worked, rather than being a new dud). I havent tested the smaller dcc's I threw into the pan as well, but if it worked for the mega I'd imagine it'd clear out them as well.

i dont think it would fix a dead atty, but could be useful to throw some new life into ones you're reading to throw out. at the very least, keep them around until youn have a decent sized batch rather than throwing them out, then try running 5-6 of them through the cleaning process. no harm in trying it out, although i dont know if it's actually economical what with gas/electricity costs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Opened the last XL dual this morning to see if I'd change my mind about these things - nope. Lousy vape and a waste of fluid - not a huge amount of vapour, throat hit or taste.

If you want consistent and hassle free LR vaping, just stick to the Ego LR atomisers, they may cost more but they work. I've been using mine for over three weeks and it still works perfectly after cleaning the coil with water and dry burning it.

I was give one of these free with my last order, having exhausted all my mega DCs (mostly due to duds) I decided to give this a try.

All I can say is I should have tested this out first, these are made by Hangsen, flavour is way better than the LR standard DCs and all the other megas I've tried, unfortunately the only thing letting these down is the price.

They hold around 2.5ml of liquid and they seem to be of much better build quality, the coils don't stick out at the top as with many others, having just gone through a batch of poor quality regular and 2 types of mega DCs this is a welcome discovery and I'll be ordering some more.

Fantastic thick and consistent vape production, taste is excellent, produces a cooler vape than other DCs but still has a decent throat hit, it doesn't snap crackle and pop either, runs more like an tank. Really impressed, unfortunately I only have one at my disposal so I don't know how reliable these are over large numbers. There's a review here but not in English unfortunately, gives you a better idea of it though..

hrm
    interesting alright

im gona be getting some regular dcc's next week, as I picked up two mega's last week and neither one of them has impressed me really. one of them gives decent enough flavour but sod all vapour and the other is the opposite. maybe it's the juice im using, so i'm still gona use them and try soemthing else when they're dry but I think i'm giving up on these.. for real this time :) this will be the third or fourth time i've "given up" on the mega's.
    when they work it is a satisfying vape, but for all the inconsistency it's just not worth it when a regular dcc is almost as good and so much cheaper.

• Advertisement

I just went through a batch of 5 LR DCs, 3 of them not performing properly, so I've kind of had it with both of them, these have really impressed though, so much so, that I haven't touched the other cartos I have atm since opening this.

Pack of 20 works out as €2.25 including delivery, anyone interested in sharing an order?

http://www.solovapor.es/dse510/287-cartomizador-ego-shapped.html

yeah I will, was gona order more dcc's but might as well take the plunge and try these out

although how long does delivery take? and how do you want to sort out the money side of things? could just drop the 23 odd euro into your bank account plus whatever it would cost you to ship to me

actually im just watcching that video again could you explain how you fill them?

he just drops a tiny bit into the atmiser and then he's away... are you able to fill them to capacity and vape for extended periods? or is it kinda like dripping

yeah I will, was gona order more dcc's but might as well take the plunge and try these out

although how long does delivery take? and how do you want to sort out the money side of things? could just drop the 23 odd euro into your bank account plus whatever it would cost you to ship to me

actually im just watcching that video again could you explain how you fill them?

he just drops a tiny bit into the atmiser and then he's away... are you able to fill them to capacity and vape for extended periods? or is it kinda like dripping

Good man!

Delivery only took a few days last time, sent Monday arrived on Friday if I remember correctly. We'll figure something out anyway, gonna go ahead and place the order now.

First one I filled I just dripped, I also used a syringe np too, essentially the same as the megas but capacity is slightly less, you get about 2.5ml of liquid into each fill, vape isn't quite as thick but tastes much better, the mouth piece is a bit annoying too as you get occasional liquid coming through the top, just be sure to keep it clean and it's grand. I've kind of been topping it up with a few drops throughout the day but I'd say this would do you on on a night out or about 1/2 days worth of vaping per fill.

Edit stainless or black? I kind of always prefer to go stainless, don't see the point in having black material glued on to something that continually gets heated

stainless is fine with me :)

Update after 10 days of use...

Still as good as new, the only bad draws I've had was when it needed to be refilled, you get a mild burnt taste and you instantly know its time to top up. I've noticed that once you get a burnt taste with other cartos, it tends to linger on, not the case with these.

The mouthpieces are annoying, they are too small and liquid often comes up through the end of it, I've remedied this by using the mega cartos mouth piece, by fitting it over the atty. Looks a bit silly but very effective, I'll have to find drip tip that fits these. The fill capacity is down, as is the case with almost all cartos after continual use.

@€;2.25 each (bulk price including delivery), considering how well these perform and for how long, I can't recommend these enough, only question marks I have about these is consistency, I'll find out once my package lands from Spain.

Update EDIT

Lasted 11 full days of heavy vaping, went just like a tank went from good to bad without any warning, i'm sure you could probably revive it by dismantling and dry burning it, I might just test it out, went back to my LR DC and yuck, just yuck.

samba sent over my share of these this morning, been using one for the last hour or so with some dk-tab... love it

only a tiny bit less vapour than the ego mega dual coil's but much better flavour.

one thing is.. samba wasn't wrong about the silly tip that comes with them.. using a mega tip works much better, but it just looks ridiculous

not having the greatest luck with these things anymore :/

the first one was fantastic, it went a week of heavy useage without any drop in vapour or flavour.. but I put a pure vg juice into it and wasn't loving it so I opened another

it just doesnt taste right. the juice i put in, I used in the first atomiser and it tasted great. this has a burnt/wrong taste to it every time I inhale. sometimes it's very strong, and sometimes it's very muted but it's always there
    I chalked it up to bad luck and tried another of them.. same problem
    its not as bad as the second one, but it just doesnt vape properly. there's always this bad taste as if I was trying to vape a juiceless atomiser.

they are both fully juiced as whenever I tried to add more to them it just dripped straight out the battery end. I gave them both a good wipe down before seating them on the battery.. *shrug*

as it stands, I have 6 more of them (I did use another that worked fine, but i dont like the juice I put in it) and at this stage, I have so little juice and wont be able to afford more juice until the end of next week that im kinda scared of wasting another 2-3ml in an atty i wont be able to use.

--edit

maybe it was just luck, I opened a new one and it's working great. but I did try a difference juice than I used in any of the others so maybe.. somehow the juices i was using worked fine in the first one, but not so well in the others?

well at least as annoying as this is, i'm not smoking a cigarette

Read this, this and finally this

When you run in to issues with these, there's actually solutions to resolve them, you can also dismantle them, clean, dry burn and re-use no problem.

It's annoying though, don't throw out the one's you can't get working, let me know how many and if I get any I'll tot them up and get in touch with the supplier to see if they will do something for us.

• Advertisement

hrm, i'll give those fixes a shot at some point today
    the first one does sound like exactly what i had with them

--edit

actually I thought I'd do it now. got the tweezers that came with the clearomizers and just gently pushed the filler down and the bad taste is gone

Advertisement