Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Yes it thought i wanted 4 of them. Time to change to 1 and then do the 2600bps modem thing again.

So much for only 1 order per customer anyway. :pac:

How many did you order Steve? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Just clicked confirm... *hopes it goes through*

Did anyone else notice that the description says it's the model B they are selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

waveform wrote: »
    So much for only 1 order per customer anyway. :pac:

How many did you order Steve? :D

Just the one. I was afraid if I put more than that they might cancel the order later on. And that would be bad, real bad.

Did anyone else notice that the description says it's the model B they are selling?

Thats all they have in this batch I think. No A's until the next one as they are cheaper and in less demand. They did manage to boost the ram on the A boards to 256MB without increasing the cost, which is cool.

• Advertisement

Ah I see what they mean now; I thought they were selling a 256mb model A now. :pac:
    Web page confirms order; no email though

Ah I see what they mean now; I thought they were selling a 256mb model A now. :pac:
    Web page confirms order; no email though

Takes while for the email to come through. You'll get 2 or 3 of them in a min.

BBC is all over the Pi:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17190334

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17190918

Well this explains some of the madness this morning with the Rasp Pi.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/raspberry-pi-22-computer-starts-29th-6am-1155542

Just got the 1 email off them. Damn.

Just got the 1 email off them. Damn.

I'm sure it'll be fine. If you got the order in and a order number then your sorted.

On another note, cave_world_en started following me on twitter this morning when I was tweeting about the Rasp Pi. Seems fairly random :confused:

Edit:
    Ah here, already:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raspberry-Pi-SBC-one-everybody-talking-/290677406685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43adb93bdd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Any good games available on the American XBLA as i have a few points to spend.

In case anyone missed out on the rasp Pi sales earlier. Here's one on ebay for the fine price of £999.00 sterling plus £5 shipping of course.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raspberry-Pi-Model-B-Ethernet-700MHz-ARM-SBC-/170793413181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27c414aa3d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I didnt want to get Rasp Pi, because I dont know anything about programming or anything and I'd prefer to know that if I let other people get them it would be for the greater good

greater_good_hot_fuzz.jpg

"The Greater Good" :D
    It comes with Linux too though so you can.. linux with it?
    I'll be doing the Commodore Mod Steve_SI suggested

Ah yeah but I'll wait till theres a strong community for it and theres some really cool stuff made for it and them possibly put it in a broken mega cd case

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Resident Evil 2 & 3 free for Playstation Plus members

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Playstation Plus has been getting pretty cool lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Playstation Plus has been getting pretty cool lately.

To be fair to it, for how much it is Ive made it back many times over with the games and crap Ive gotten for free from it. The 2 RE games would set you back 15

Or nothing at all if you already have them.......which you should!

128687272506900535.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHDGDSFHSAUGHPKJDHGFJK;AGERLSAHE]BHRA
    WH
    SIODHBESFIHVJRB
    AOIEWGJ
    OIJDRABS
    E\AIFJGSR
    ABJIB
    E\IOFwj\
    GIVJRBAW
    E\OWJFEODFBJADRSEOP
    \AFJ\RB
    AEJF
    ARZDF

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCC*********

happy_cat_sad.jpg

iz feeling 1% happier nao.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Who pissed in your cornflakes? O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm a bit late to the party, but there's a new SNES title on the horizon:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/new_snes_title_on_the_way_in_2013
    Most Nintendo gamers are currently pre-occupied with their current consoles and perhaps looking ahead to the arrival of Wii U. It's surprising, therefore, to hear about a new title for Super Nintendo, but that's exactly what is on the way.
    Retro developer and publisher Super Fighter Team has confirmed that it is currently developing a brand new SNES title called Nightmare Busters, due for release in 2013. According to the developer this will be the first new game released for the platform in the U.S. since 1998. Described as a 'run and gun' title, there has been such demand that not only has the company decided to accept pre-orders, but is also boosting the initial run to 600 copies, double the normal first batch. Citing production costs as a factor, the game will cost $68 dollars for U.S. customers and $75 for the rest of the world. As stated on the game's web page, the package contains the following.
    One (1) copy of Nightmare Busters for the Super Nintendo; a game cartridge with full color label, which supports both PAL and NTSC based systems.
    One (1) full color instruction manual.
    One (1) full color cardstock box to house the game cartridge and instruction manual.
    Shipping is expected at an unspecified point in 2013, and the developer is keen to express that only enthusiastic buyers should consider pre-ordering. At present there are no concrete details about the title beyond its genre, but with a dedicated website promised in the near future there isn't long to wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's a bit pricey. Pier solar was only about €30

Who pissed in your cornflakes? O.o

LOL!

That gave me a chuckle. :)

Just a bit of lagged upset over the way the Raspberry Pi was launched today.

If we were given a little hint that they would be totally abandoning their mailing list for notifications, and their store, then it would have eased the blow a little.

In a way that wouldn't have spoiled the surprise about the 2 distributors.

It was very hard to tell whether you secured one or not from Farnell until later today when the order status went from shipped..
    to partially shipped, to cancelled...
    (edit, got mixed up with the list of statuses you can have)
    and even if you did secure one before they sold out,
    unless you live in the UK you would have had the ordered pulled from you,
    as Farnell announced a few hours ago, that they will not be shipping outside of the UK,
    even though it was meant to be sold internationally.

The lack of knowing where you stood was a head wreck to say the least.

RS didn't even put the units on sale, and postponed the orders until they have the boards in stock.

Probably a wise move by them in hindsight, they just side stepped a lot of frustrated users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Should be getting a 20" Sony tv tomorrow, guy is lugging it up from Wicklow on the bus!
    Still, should be perfect for all my Tate needs...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Should be getting a 20" Sony tv tomorrow, guy is lugging it up from Wicklow on the bus!

Feckin hell! Fair play to him!

Hope you're paying him well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Should be getting a 20" Sony tv tomorrow

Looks like we're all getting in to CRT madness this week! :)

carrying-tv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement