Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Good post here about taking screenshots. Stuff thatis covered is how some old screenshots were hand drawn and about using emulators and how they mess up how the game was originally meant to look.

Have you got that link? Doesn't seem to be in your post. Sounds really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm not a freak, statistically and scientifically in cleverer then you guys!

Only because your brain has to work harder to keep up with your freakish hand!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm not a freak, statistically and scientifically in cleverer then you guys!

Those statistics must've skipped you. :p

You could always hold the 3DS upside down and use some sort of mirror device to invert the image back. Or wait until Nintendo release that peripheral too. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you got that link? Doesn't seem to be in your post. Sounds really interesting.

Sorry, I'm a dope!

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2012/01/musings-on-ethics-of-shooting-screens.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aren't left handers also prone to raging alcoholism to deal with their freakishness?

Makes sense now :p

Most of my favourite genius' are alcoholics :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aren't left handers also prone to raging alcoholism to deal with their freakishness?

Makes sense now :p

Most of my favourite genius' are alcoholics :)

Aww thanks bbz :)

Master of the Universe

Anyone ever heard of the character 'Madonna' who was cut from the first Sonic game? Was meant to be Sonic's love interest. First I've heard of it

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Madonna

S1concept-Madonna.jpg

Anyone ever heard of the character 'Madonna' who was cut from the first Sonic game? Was meant to be Sonic's love interest. First I've heard of it

S1concept-Madonna.jpg

Stange that Yuji Naka was supposedly the one calling the shots on the Sonic character when he only had programming duties on the first game and no design input. Not sure I believe some of that article more likely it was Hirokazu Yasuhara or Naoto Oshima.

Either that or else the Furry/Bestiality angle of Sonic 2006 had been fermenting in Yuji Naka's mind for a long time.

I spent a good 10 minutes in photoshop making this so I think it deserves to be seen by a larger audience:

pjduobtc.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

S1concept-Madonna.jpg
    ahs sure she'd whoo-are herself out to any oul game
    ..sure there was a Madonna in Vigilante in the arcades (think this was changed in the Worldwide version).
    (I think its really just a weird Jap translation thing than anything else)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    I spent a good 10 minutes in photoshop making this so I think it deserves to be seen by a larger audience:

pjduobtc.jpg

You know if it was Girl with the Panzer Dragoon Tattoo Retr0 might spill his seed then and there... but this, this'll just piss him off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

pjduobtc.jpg

That is really cool!

If I was too offer a suggestion It would be to make the red on her face less pale, and make it richer or more realistically like blood or something, so it blends in with the left side of her face better.

If that makes any sense!

I think the layer covering the right hand side of her face, uses too much transparency to make it blend in.

I do not have a clue what your intent with this pic is,
    but for some selfish reason I would love to see improved for my own enjoyment! :D

Not even sure why I'm suggesting it tbh! Just think it looks cool!

But if I tilt my laptop screen forward..... there's an immediate improvement! lol

Cheapo laptop screens have a habit of making things look pale, even though I have the brightness at about 15%

Oh and btw, just realized you spent a "good 10 minutes" making it.

Well if you made it in such little time, you've got some serious skills.

Would love to see what you could do in a "good 60 minutes!" ;)

Well there wasn't much to do with it. I just trimmed the Legend of Dragoon poster down to layer over the Girl with the Dragon too poster with the main intent of making fun of Retr0.

I used to be a graphic designer many years ago. I designed catalogs for Arrow Hardware and Expert Electrical.

I'd often get bored and I'd drop images of monkeys into any television sets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd say retr0 is very disappointed that the RAGE just sold their new arrival of Superman 64, with the promise that they'll give a 75% rebate if the poor soul completes it.

Well there wasn't much to do with it. I just trimmed the Legend of Dragoon poster down to layer over the Girl with the Dragon too poster with the main intent of making fun of Retr0.

I used to be a graphic designer many years ago. I designed catalogs for Arrow Hardware and Expert Electrical.

You should definitely put out more creations if that's the case!

I'd often get bored and I'd drop images of monkeys into any television sets.

LOL

I'd say retr0 is very disappointed that the RAGE just sold their new arrival of Superman 64, with the promise that they'll give a 75% rebate if the poor soul completes it.

I saw that, then I also saw that it's going for 8-9 euro shipped on ebay unboxed. Think I'll just get it from there next dole day.

All you people with jobs, your tax is paying me to buy Superman 64 :P

Pretty sure I've seen it for sale in there for €10. So they're not breaking their backs on the reward for completing it.

Isn't there supposed to be a trick to completing the flying sections? You have to keep in mind that Superman handles more like a tank in it than how you'd expect a flying man to handle.

All you people with jobs, your tax is paying me to buy Superman 64 :P

And yet that is still a far more sensible investment than Anglo Irish Bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Xbox mod update 192.168.1.255

Xbox The final frontier

These are the voyages of Sparks43

His ongoing mission

To explore strange red rings

To seek out new cockups and new electricutions

To boldly blow up what no one has blown up before

Xbox log Dashdate 13.01.2012

Finally reached the promised land after exchanging strange currency with an ebayian trader.With delivery of strange memory module and a weird roundy thing the xbox has now been updated and removed from the shackles of official Microsoft restraints.

Our lost crew of Ensign xbox 1 and Lt usb have not died in vein.

Xbox out.:D

Yippeeeeeeee

Finally :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Skyward Sword bonus CD is a thing of absolute beauty.

YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

The Skyward Sword bonus CD is a thing of absolute beauty.

YES!

Agreed. Have it in the car so I listen to it a bit too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The US Netflix has the Super Mario Bros Super Show :pac:

Master of the Universe

Is there any way of accessing US Netflix content other than signing up for something like unblock-us?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Is there any way of accessing US Netflix content other than signing up for something like unblock-us?

Dunno. I signed up for unblock-us to take a look.
    Worth it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had a look earlier, at the Irish one. The selection is pathetic, even on the free trial theres not one film on there that made me watch it.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Robocop is there. You failed :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement