Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger in the Scratcher

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

What do you call a ginger with a rape whistle?

Optimistic.

/leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Well, maybe the reason I hear it quite a lot is by virtue of the fact that I am ginger.

It'd also depend on what way you pronounce it. In the UK they pronounce it like "ging-aw" for the most part, I've rarely heard it being pronounced that way here, in Ireland it's mainly "gin-ger".

I'm a red head too and would still associate ginger and all it's spellings as a British way to describe a red head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'm a red head too and would still associate ginger and all it's spellings as a British way to describe a red head.

Well most of the language we speak derives from Britain so I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

KeithM89 wrote: »
    What do you call a ginger with a rape whistle?

Optimistic.

/leaves

Wonder how long that would last if it was about a skin colour instead of hair colour. Great AH hypocrisy strikes again.

Well most of the language we speak derives from Britain so I wouldn't be surprised.

True, but it seems to me as more of a recent thing.

• Advertisement

prinz wrote: »
    Wonder how long that would last if it was about a skin colour instead of hair colour. Great AH hypocrisy strikes again.

Can't ban him for flaming (pun intended) sadly :P

I was in a bar in London one night, it was late and the bar was shutting.

I was calling a drink at the bar, so was a big black guy. I caught the bar persons attention first and the black guy shouted "Oi Ginger" I replied with, "fcuk you, do you think it's ok to comment on my colour? what would you do if I did the same?"

He walked over and he was massive, he give me a hug and said, "only messing mate" it was surreal :P

Il ban myself. :p

I didnt realise we werent allowed to make jokes in AH anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You are, but only about a select few things it seems. Ha Ha Ginger hair lolz...
    Ha ha black skin....BAN

:pac:

Jokes are meant to be funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

nagger.

• Advertisement

Jokes are meant to be funny though.

That was my 'A' game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

That doesn't answer the question. It was wide spread when I lived in the UK but rarely heard it in Ireland. It's probably the exposure of British TV over the past decade, people are impressionable , I suppose.

Wait a minute.. are you a ginge by any chance?

Confab wrote: »
    Wait a minute.. are you a ginge by any chance?

Did you stop reading there?

I was in a bar in London one night, it was late and the bar was shutting.

I was calling a drink at the bar, so was a big black guy. I caught the bar persons attention first and the black guy shouted "Oi Ginger" I replied with, "fcuk you, do you think it's ok to comment on my colour? what would you do if I did the same?"

He walked over and he was massive, he give me a hug and said, "only messing mate" it was surreal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

My kids seem to have a lot of "strawberry blonde" friends and cousins, and I spend a lot of time biting my tongue when the cat comes in(the ginger tom -that is). Normally just let out a roar "get that ginger fecker out of the house". This has caused a lot of red faces in our house. sh1te no, I meant embarrasement, I'm scarlett there now, no, no, hang on, I mean, ah, feck it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Ginger and proud here :) In the UK I was 'jinjer', now I'm here I'm 'ging-er' with a hard G. Oo, a hard G :) Sorry, am suddenly distracted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't get why some people hate red hair. I would prefer a red head to a blonde any day.
    I am a bit biased as some of my family are red heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Ginger in the scratcher Maggie Thatcher that is all.

Advertisement