Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Firekitten wrote: »
    If someone puts thier baby in multicam, I will find them, and slap them.
    Multicam would be a good idea for kids, it would hide any spit-up stains.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Firekitten wrote: »
    If someone puts thier baby in multicam, I will find them, and slap them.

Given that we're both thinking of the same "someone" I'd say Flora is a far more likely outcome.

Dmitry over in soviet propaganda is sourcing a newborn size gorka e as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

The SAS secret hidden since World War II
    more on BBC ( link )

Yes it's ''real steal'' but I want one in airsoft asap !!!!
    Heckler&Koch G28 - New DMR for the Bundeswehr
    They finally found a designation: G 28
    Militarized Match Rifle MR308, project name DMR762, to be delievered soon:
    g28k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

whydave wrote: »
    Yes it's ''real steal'' but I want one in airsoft asap !!!!
    Heckler&Koch G28 - New DMR for the Bundeswehr
    They finally found a designation: G 28
    Militarized Match Rifle MR308, project name DMR762, to be delievered soon:
    g28k.jpg

Isn't it just a fully-DMRised HK417 in a silly colour?? I'd much prefer a HK417 (16" or 20") before this, thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I NEED EH

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

stick on sky channel 316 (film 4+1) the street gunfight scene from heat is about to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

more on BBC ( link )
    Nice, I'd love to get my hands on a copy, but 1000+ euro....not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'd settle for the 417 any day, but I want those mags for it. Sexy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Alan b. wrote: »

Yeah, the price was a right kick in the bollocks. :(

• Advertisement

Medal of Honor Nominee Picks Up a Supporter

The campaign to have the Medal of Honor awarded to an Army sergeant who died while pulling fellow soldiers from a burning vehicle in Iraq got a new boost on Friday from a well-known military historian.

Doug Sterner, who has spent years documenting fraudulent claims of military heroism, sent a letter to the Army secretary, John McHugh, asserting that “there is a systematic failure that may have resulted in heroic soldiers receiving so-called lesser awards that should have been properly recognized with the Medal of Honor.”

The statement is a significant reversal for Mr. Sterner, a Vietnam veteran who in the past has defended the low number of Medals of Honor, the nation’s highest award for military valor, for actions in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mr. Sterner, of Alexandria, Va., cites as a prime example of that “systematic failure” the case of Sgt. First Class Alwyn C. Cashe, who died in November 2005, three weeks after his Bradley fighting vehicle hit a roadside bomb in the Iraqi city of Samarra. He was awarded the Silver Star just days after his death.

Mr. Sterner said he became involved in Sergeant Cashe’s case only after recently seeing the documents supporting the sergeant’s Silver Star nomination. “The whole packet was so stunning, it set me on this course of action,” Mr. Sterner said.

According to the narrative that accompanied that award, the Bradley was engulfed in flames and Sergeant Cashe, drenched in fuel that had been spewed by the explosion, pulled himself out of the gunner’s hatch and helped the driver escape. The narrative describes what happened next:

“Without regard for his personal safety, S.F.C. Cashe rushed to the back of the vehicle, reached into the hot flames and started pulling out his soldiers. The flames gripped his fuel-soaked uniform. Flames quickly spread all over his body. Despite the terrible pain, S.F.C. Cashe placed the injured soldier on the ground and returned to burning vehicle (sic) to retrieve another burning soldier; all the while he was still on fire.”

The narrative said that Sergeant Cashe’s actions helped save the lives of six soldiers.

After his death, Sergeant Cashe’s commanding officers learned that his platoon had come under enemy fire while the sergeant was rescuing his fellow soldiers — and as a result they petitioned for his Silver Star, the military’s third-highest valor award, to be upgraded to a Medal of Honor.

link

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'd settle for the 417 any day, but I want those mags for it. Sexy...

Yes, they do like nice, but 20LR PMAGs will do me fine. It's all moot, however, until someone actually builds a 417. We have more sniper derivatives than you can shake a stick at, we have weird & wonderful kit like the Tavor & FAMAS, but there are relatively few 7.62-based AR replicas and not one 417 among them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I think we can blame the umarex copyright fiends for that one! No money in VFC or some other manufacturer making a version of that and having umarex pounce on them with lawyers like they did when they made the 416...

If having to put up with Umarex part-destroying the externals meant that I could get my hands on a 417 it would surely be worth the sacrifice! I don't even need trades, I would be happy with a TopTech T4-19 á la their T4-18/HK416 as long as it was a 417-based RIF.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Decoy wrote: »
    If having to put up with Umarex part-destroying the externals meant that I could get my hands on a 417 it would surely be worth the sacrifice! I don't even need trades

You say that now .....

... but when you see the umarex defacement essay stamped in radiation-bombarded ink for that extra glow in case anyone misses the essay you'll quickly change your tune :P

more on BBC ( link )
    x800k.jpg
    x800n.jpg
    800xly.jpg
    800xwh.jpg
    800xk.jpg
    x800c.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

x800k.jpg
    x800n.jpg
    800xly.jpg
    800xwh.jpg
    800xk.jpg
    x800c.jpg
    You Caved Didn't You :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

more on BBC ( link )
    x800k.jpg
    x800n.jpg
    800xly.jpg
    800xwh.jpg
    800xk.jpg
    x800c.jpg

Wounder will the local library get it in for me lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

how_fast_were_you_scrolling.jpg

Dear god stop quoting pics :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Well that'l never happen here nor will they pay for paddy to fly all the way over to south florida :D So best of luck to them

Also I love the way he mentioned Australia where its completely banned!!! :pac:

Brilliant video on YouTube.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Brilliant video on YouTube.

It was only ok

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    It was only ok

To each his own. Only discovered the channel today and I'm really enjoying some of the videos.

this guy is gud great special effects and choreography (of the fisty cuff variety) but at the same time its very funny

http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    It was only ok

You have got to be kidding me... That was fantastic. I've seen honest-to-goodness budgeted action movies that weren't as well shot as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

NakedDex wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding me... That was fantastic. I've seen honest-to-goodness budgeted action movies that weren't as well shot as that.

i have to agree, i can think of some big budget summer movies that are worse :) , F.U.B.A.R your so hard to please ;)

Ok so the camera work was exelent but the acting? Ive seen better in other you tube vids with a less serious story line but again yes the cinematography was allot better then a majority of budget action flicks

Considering they weren't actors and they were using cardboard props (I mean, seriously...), are you really going to hold their acting up to question? Apart from the dodgy accents, it wasn't too bad really. Hell, they even had the Germans speaking German. That, by itself, is a novelty worthy of Hollywood accolade these days.

• Advertisement

nearly everybody in my reserve unit can speak german it isnt as much of an acheivement as you thought but yeah fair enough i see your point i just found myself watching it expecting something but after the first 3-5 mins i should have just closed the tab :pac:

Advertisement