Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Fixed that for you :P

Pro MS paint artist here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

1043911_541461702583779_287405909_n.jpg

935824_492331414169096_49980636_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

25598262.jpg

YbFocus wrote: »
    25598262.jpg

Should be in things that annoy you about airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hi to everyone, no introduction thread, so might say hello here instead of making a new thread. So Hello!
    I just had my first Airsoft experience today lads. My friend invited me. I always wanted to have a try and finally I did!
    I really loved what airsoft is, but the event it self was not that much fun. It would be more fun if I would have my own gear with needed stuff. It was a zombie night sort of thing. Fully turned off light, with glipses of light here and there. Was not really fun as I had no flashlight or tactical light. Could not even see if people are on my side or not. Damn, I could not even see where I walk...
    Still though, Airsoft it self is quite cool, good exercise too. :p I am going to invest in my own equipment now. Misses not going to be happy...

Will have a lot of research to do now. To see which brands are good etc. Did not decided on gun too, though I dont know if I want a long barrel Assault rifle. Mp5 or UNP45 or shorter version of AK would look like a better all arounder. If I will decide to go with Assault rifle AK feels best in my hands ( holded a few rifles, before match today.

• Advertisement

Hi to everyone, no introduction thread, so might say hello here instead of making a new thread. So Hello!
    I just had my first Airsoft experience today lads. My friend invited me. I always wanted to have a try and finally I did!
    I really loved what airsoft is, but the event it self was not that much fun. It would be more fun if I would have my own gear with needed stuff. It was a zombie night sort of thing. Fully turned off light, with glipses of light here and there. Was not really fun as I had no flashlight or tactical light. Could not even see if people are on my side or not. Damn, I could not even see where I walk...
    Still though, Airsoft it self is quite cool, good exercise too. :p I am going to invest in my own equipment now. Misses not going to be happy...

Will have a lot of research to do now. To see which brands are good etc. Did not decided on gun too, though I dont know if I want a long barrel Assault rifle. Mp5 or UNP45 or shorter version of AK would look like a better all arounder. If I will decide to go with Assault rifle AK feels best in my hands ( holded a few rifles, before match today.

Welcome to airsoft. There's an introduction thread here It's not stickied so it got pushed off the front page.

Your profile says your from Cork. So I would suggest dropping by hobbyairsoft in little island and chatting to them if you need gear. I shop there and a lot of people here would have bought from them.
    I'm assuming you went to the marina tonight, there's also a woodland site out in Bandon which usually runs games every fortnight. Might try there sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Just a question lads. Is there something to look out when buying second hand weapon? Any way to chech out on wear and tier of gears and motor etc? Or is it generally bad idea going second hand?

Just a question lads. Is there something to look out when buying second hand weapon? Any way to chech out on wear and tier of gears and motor etc? Or is it generally bad idea going second hand?

If it's really bad you might hear it being louder than normal during shooting. Best way would be to have someone experienced open it but you wouldn't be able to have that done until you bought it. Different aegs will sound differently while firing so some will be louder than others. Although if you can remove the pistol grip you can pop out the motor and check the gear. This is easy with M4 aegs, can't tell if AKs can have the motor removed without taking out the gearbox or not. If you have friends who do airsoft tech work or have the time and ability to learn to tech yourself then second hand isn't too bad if it needs fixing up but some second hand aegs are fine.
    Just that if you or whoever you have do the work don't have much experience then it can be a slow process to get it up and running and final cost over time will be the same as a more expensive aeg. I've done this with a few aegs but find it more rewarding as I learned a lot for doing it.
    If you are thinking of getting something second hand, research it online through forums around the world. Look for problems or if people run their's for years without issue. That'll give you a good indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey man depending on where you are I'll be more than happy to help you out checking a gun out. Just a shot but if your close I can give you a help.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, looks like I found what I want. Reviews are not too bad of it too.

http://www.mwairsoft.net/rifles/556-gg-ak104-evo-full-metal-ebb-special-offer.html

All I need to do now is to be very very nice to misses and say that I REALLY REALLY need it. :p

I will need battery with it too. Which batteries would suit this gun?

Cheers lads, looks like I found what I want. Reviews are not too bad of it too.

http://www.mwairsoft.net/rifles/556-gg-ak104-evo-full-metal-ebb-special-offer.html

All I need to do now is to be very very nice to misses and say that I REALLY REALLY need it. :p

I will need battery with it too. Which batteries would suit this gun?

The batteries go into the stock so a 8.4v or 9.6v should fit fine.

CpcRc wrote: »
    The batteries go into the stock so a 8.4v or 9.6v should fit fine.

Any particular brands to look out For? Any opinions on that gun from you lads?

Another question about facemask. I really did not like the metal net mask thing I was provided. I sow people using glasses. Can glasses handle the preasure? Or those crack fast? I was planing on glasses and half mask setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

This is not really an "off topic" topic. Please take it to Questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

CpcRc wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :P

Pro MS paint artist here.

261192.jpg

942155_537201172994307_1125546903_n.jpg

1011407_677638402263063_1894337172_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

THE WHYDAVEMOBILE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

shytan wrote: »
    THE WHYDAVEMOBILE

Fir the amount of stuff he has in that jeep yeah he needs to up size

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

BI ULLAM

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

whydave wrote: »

Definitely not!!!! If mine got hit by a bb I'd be devastated.......looks kinda strange as well. It's a good concept but horribly impractical.

933888_529981350384884_2094413005_n.jpg

946563_483118651769319_1298307185_n.png

1044010_538593439511589_1571873316_n.jpg

1001606_650378571657306_1612080490_n.jpg

993926_541676675895615_2022435108_n.jpg

• Advertisement