Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Nemo - any thoughts?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Whilst browsing online today for a possible replacement for my 04 Xsara van, my eye was caught by a 2009 Citroen Nemo selling for a whisker under 5 grand. Since every other contender in my search is pretty much a 05 or 06 - this I thought must be a mistake. Or at least ex-VAT pricing.

But no - a 2009 vehicle for €4,995 including VAT. Granted it is a high milage - 80k miles. But that's still a bargain. Up until today I'd never heard of them. Does anyone drive one ? Opinions on them?

Here's a pic:
    Attachment not found.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Never drove them, I think they never took off because a lot of old model Berlingos were still knocking about.
    They look nice, doubt they are that comfy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sold as the Fiat Fiorino too:
    media?xwm=y&id=12062880&width=400&height=300

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

and a Peugeot bipper:)

Think I've only ever seen 1 of any variant on the road (it was a bipper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

saw that van to, really like the shape of the nemo, for a small van they have a nice presence to them and are bang up to date. Have heard less than wonderful things about the small diesel that sits under the bonnet though- 1.2 afaik. Apparently its a very soft motor with it's fair share of issues. Others might elaborate on this or rubbish this, but I've read about and heard about issues. Still like the look of the vans though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

Hmm. I've done a bit of research since posting. It seems that the 09 Nemo has a 1.4HDI - which by all accounts is very slow, with about 70Bhp if I recall.

The Fiat version as bazz says, is identical but has a 1.3 multijet diesel unit, with 75Bhp, which makes a bit of a difference to performance. 5bhp seems to make a difference? I wouldn't have thought so but there you go.

I have driven a Ford Transit Connect before - which has a 1.8tdci engine. It wasn't exactly nippy. Or comfortable IMO. Maybe I'll give the Nemo a miss ... my Xsara XUD is dog slow, if I'm changing I want something that will give me the option to overtake something that's not a tractor :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement