Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Pitbull vs Leopard

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

the leppard's weak spot is the one-armed drummer, if the pitbull is smart he'll go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

The leopard would win, easy.

The fight Id like to see is leopard vs boerboel. Those things were bred for taking down big cats and protecting livestock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Leopard.

Dog would be clawed and shredded before it gets close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Leopard - no question.
    The dog could do come serious damage if it got the opportunity but the leopard, would have speed (not just running but in twisting and turning, etc), faster reaction time, stealth (if necessary) and usually a lot more sleeker and fitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Doubt very much it would destroy the tosa inu.
    Are you really telling me this guy is going to maul a leopard?

Why, look at that droopy face. All the poor lad wants is a belly rub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, we know what happened when a Leopard met a Golden Retriever:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Those big cats have big hearts:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

A pitbull is powerful for a dog a leopard is powerful full stop. A leopard would crucify it. A gorilla would easily beat both though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Going on weight, size and arsenal, definitely the leopard.

Pit Bull - strong jaws with muscles able to hold for a long period of time before tiring, small size and speed. Also a ferocity greater than all other dogs.

Leopard - A wild animal with claws that are approximately 4-5 inches long, teeth averaging 2-3 inches long, a long reach, and strength capable of dragging the carcass of an animal greater in size than itself, up a tree!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

honey badger all the way. 2.15 for the best bit.

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    honey badger all the way. 2.15 for the best bit.

A honey badger would at least give as good as it got against a pitbull their nasty little baxtards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Big Bears -> Big cats -> Big dogs

That is the sequence. Size matters. Pound for pound I'd go with Wolverine or honey badger as the man above says.

I would love to see either get into the ring with gal. A female orang beats a sumo wrestler in a tug of war!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

As a matter of interest, what breed of dog would the best fighter Dobberman, Rottweiler, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Alsatian...?

My parents have a rhodesian ridgeback - the thing is a big pussy cat. Either their famed ferocity is very much exagerated or the one we have is just gay!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

As a matter of interest, what breed of dog would the best fighter Dobberman, Rottweiler, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Alsatian...?

No idea really but I think if I were a betting man I would go for a Japanese Tosa.

If it ever got upset enough to fight I would certainly go for an Old English Mastiff, but generally speaking they are gentle giants. Even though a big male can be over 200 pounds in weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I would love to see either get into the ring with gal. A female orang beats a sumo wrestler in a tug of war!

That orangutan wasn't even trying. Great apes are around 10 times stronger than humans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Leopard FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

steddyeddy wrote: »

She would send them packing with a "right turn Clyde" punch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

what a stupid discussion haha Leopard for def would win haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My parents have a rhodesian ridgeback - the thing is a big pussy cat. Either their famed ferocity is very much exagerated or the one we have is just gay!:D

My aunt has one, he's lovely wouldn't hurt a fly i reckon. Big fucker though.

OT Leopard for the win!

• Advertisement

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That orangutan wasn't even trying. Great apes are around 10 times stronger than humans

Yea its amazing. Theres a huge underestimation of the strenght of the great apes. Mike tyson famously offered a zookeeper ten thousand to knock out a male silverback gorilla ie on of these things:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Leopard all the way, against any breed of dog!
    Boerboels were bred to defend against animals larger than leopards. My boerboel would have that leopard for breakfast.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Boerboels were bred to defend against animals larger than leopards. My boerboel would have that leopard for breakfast.

Their actually sometimes used illegally by poachers to try and attack gorillas they always die unfortunatly but they put up a good fight by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

AgileMyth wrote: »

No you're wrong. The question is posed in a gladatorial type area, the bigger, stronger animal always wins.

Dogs, whether you're talking about the biggest or most ferocious like boerboels strengths rely in their ability to operate in a team and hunt in packs. A dog like a boerboel would be no match for a big cat in a one on one scenario. The teeth and jaws of domestic dogs, regardless of whether they are pit bulls or mastiffs, cannot compete with that of the big cats.

I would imagine the ranchers that used Boerboels relied on it's ability to deter and scare off bigger predators looking to pred on cattle /sheep. I would say it was rare the Boerboels actually fought with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No you're wrong. The question is posed in a gladatorial type area, the bigger, stronger animal always wins.

Dogs, whether you're talking about the biggest or most ferocious like boerboels strengths rely in their ability to operate in a team and hunt in packs. A dog like a boerboel would be no match for a big cat in a one on one scenario. The teeth and jaws of domestic dogs, regardless of whether they are pit bulls or mastiffs, cannot compete with that of the big cats.

I would imagine the ranchers that used Boerboels relied on it's ability to deter and scare off bigger predators looking to pred on cattle /sheep. I would say it was rare the Boerboels actually fought with them.

People also need to consider that a big cat would rarely venture near a human settlement unless it was pretty much starving. This means it is either too old to hunt effectively or injured, so even if a fight did occur it would hardly be in it's prime.

+1

Advertisement