Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Results: When / How / Where *

Options
  • 16-08-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Can someone tell me what the procedure usually is when you go into the school to collect the results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

They give you a letter, you open it and there's your results :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mr.mojo

Check the online ones early they are usually out well before 12.00

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

I thought that's how it worked too, but others from my school were telling me that you go for a meeting with your year head and principal and they go through your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Yeah just a sheet of paper which will change your life . I didnt get a pin to go online how can i find out my pin

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

jack157 wrote: »
    I thought that's how it worked too, but others from my school were telling me that you go for a meeting with your year head and principal and they go through your results.

They didn't do that in my school. Year head just handed me a letter and said hope you got what you wanted :P Good luck to you all by the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Most schools open at 9am, so you can go in and collect your results then. In my school results will be given out by the principle I have been told. Apparently people go in 1 by 1 to get their results. As for a speech by them I am not sure. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There will be at least two sheets in your envelope.

One is the results and the other is the form to view scripts. If you have taken subjects at higher level they will be listed onn the form with A beside them (for Árd) - don't confuse this with the results sheet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I didnt get a pin to go online how can i find out my pin

Ring your school tomorrow - are you sure you didn't get an information sheet/pack about the exam before you started?

I really hope I don't have to meet with them and I also hope they don't go through your results before you do.

Thanks guys!

I can guarantee they will have seen your results before you do, or at least some teachers will have, as they arrive to the school in a large bundle and have to be checked, photocopied and put in envelopes.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    I didnt get a pin to go online how can i find out my pin

Ring your school tomorrow - are you sure you didn't get an information sheet/pack about the exam before you started?

No i didnt get the information sheet/pack but all my friends did i wasnt in that day when they handed them out

spurious wrote: »
    I can guarantee they will have seen your results before you do, or at least some teachers will have, as they arrive to the school in a large bundle and have to be checked, photocopied and put in envelopes.

Damn!

I really hope I don't have to meet with them and I also hope they don't go through your results before you do.

Thanks guys!

Why do it matter if they see them . You will never see them again hopefully

Why do it matter if they see them . You will never see them again hopefully

Because they are my results, I done the tests.

Im dont mind my teachers seeing them i just dont want my friend to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

IMO The teachers have no right to know my results. The principal, fair enough.

what is it to the Irish teacher what I got in English or Maths? plain nosiness thats all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

Because they are my results, I done the tests.

I think it's better they know. The way I see it they are then in a good position to give them out, if you do bad ,they are ready to advise you and help, if you do good they can congratulate you. :)

GSI wrote: »

what is it to the Irish teacher what I got in English or Maths? plain nosiness thats all :/

You have got a point there i forgot that the english teacher can see all my results

Completely agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I don't mind my teachers knowing what I get, I just hope nobody says anything to me before I open the envelope myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

flyaway. wrote: »
    I don't mind my teachers knowing what I get, I just hope nobody says anything to me before I open the envelope myself.

Same as that. If my principle tries to tell me what I got, I'm gonna tell him to zip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

Look, at the end of the day our teachers don;t really give much of a fcuk for our results. They had LC's last year and they'll have them next year again. Of course they'll want us to do well but thats about he extent of it.

Good luck to everyone btw

Your English or Irish teacher may not see your results. When I said 'teachers', I meant senior staff members (Deputy and Assistant Principals) who are usually the ones who come in early to sort the results. The more of them show in, the quicker the results will be ready for collection.

The rest of the teachers will see the results when they return later in August. In our school it's usually the summary sheet that is left for staff - it just has exam numbers on it, not names. Most teachers don't care what the other subject results are.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

i want to avoid the crowds and the ''what you get '' people in the morning .can i go in to school to collect my results at say half 11 or do i have to be there at 9/9.30 like everyone else ?

i want to avoid the crowds and the ''what you get '' people in the morning .can i go in to school to collect my results at say half 11 or do i have to be there at 9/9.30 like everyone else ?

This is what my friend did last year but apparently everyone else had the same idea so it still ended up being packed with people!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

flyaway. wrote: »
    This is what my friend did last year but apparently everyone else had the same idea so it still ended up being packed with people!

You could just take the envelope and walk away, open it at home, or somewhere away from the school, in the car, etc.

And my principal handed us out the envelopes which contained the results, the script-viewing form, a sheet of grades and their corresponding points, and just a letter from the school I think. My principal said 'well done' to me when he handed me the envelope so he obviously saw them!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

You could just take the envelope and walk away, open it at home, or somewhere away from the school, in the car, etc.

And my principal handed us out the envelopes which contained the results, the script-viewing form, a sheet of grades and their corresponding points, and just a letter from the school I think. My principal said 'well done' to me when he handed me the envelope so he obviously saw them!

Our principal says "well done" to everyone . He's spent the last 5/6 years breaking our balls so now it's done I suppose he knows we've done our best.. :/ hypothetically..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I know it's tomorrow. What time do we get them?
    Does everyone just go to their school for 9am and they hand you your results?
    Or isit at 12.
    Do different schools have different times witch collecting the results?
    My school hasn't sent letters or anything to say when we get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056343585

^^ Have a look through this thread..pretty much everything to do with the results has been discussed there at some point.

Best thing to do is just ring your school. They'll tell you anything you want to know better than we can.

• Advertisement

Contact your school as everyone's school is giving them at a different time! You can get them online at 12 if you have your Pin and want to wait until then.

Advertisement