Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

CRC have the new Ultegra 8000 pedals for £88 this week http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-ultegra-r8000-carbon-spd-sl-pedals/rp-prod161370

Cheapest I can find the prev generation 6800 pedals for is £82, so this seems like a decent price. Personally I'm hanging on for a bigger 6800 price drop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Aldi Cycling gear this sunday, 4xgas cannisters 4.99 plus loads more;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I emailed them on the FLY12 and quoted the screenshot above. The offered it for 113 (well purchase at full price then manually discounted by the CRC staff via refund). Then I saw the newer version is smaller, lighter and a lot less fugly (but twice the price) so I'm torn.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I emailed them on the FLY12 and quoted the screenshot above. The offered it for 113 (well purchase at full price then manually discounted by the CRC staff via refund). Then I saw the newer version is smaller, lighter and a lot less fugly (but twice the price) so I'm torn.

113 is a great price for it. You won't get one second hand that cheap on eBay. I've been waiting for the 12CE to drop below 200 but the 12 at 113 was too cheap to pass up. And I may end up breaking even if I sell it to upgrade to the CE in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

It's not that heavy, I'm delighted with it I have to say, have been on the lookout for an affordable good front camera for a long time and this is it. Love the way you can look at and edit the recordings from your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

It's not that heavy, I'm delighted with it I have to say, have been on the lookout for an affordable good front camera for a long time and this is it. Love the way you can look at and edit the recordings from your phone.

I've had it for a year or so (paid much more for it too :() and I think it's brilliant. I would say that using the K-Edge mount gives far better stability versus the Garmin ones, just in case anyone uses it and notices a bit of a rattle in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

I've had it for a year or so (paid much more for it too :() and I think it's brilliant. I would say that using the K-Edge mount gives far better stability versus the Garmin ones, just in case anyone uses it and notices a bit of a rattle in the picture.

I'll wait for a bargain alert for the K-edge mount :eek:. Picture looks okay to me although I've top mounted mine and have had to move the camera back a few times as it slips forward a little bit. I might move things around over the weekend when I'm putting on my fancy new bar tape and try mounting it under the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'll wait for a bargain alert for the K-edge mount :eek:. Picture looks okay to me although I've top mounted mine and have had to move the camera back a few times as it slips forward a little bit. I might move things around over the weekend when I'm putting on my fancy new bar tape and try mounting it under the bar.

I think it was when I tried to read a number plate from it I saw that there was just too much vibration. after getting the K-Edge I then did the same again and it was much easier to make out that level of detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

I think it was when I tried to read a number plate from it I saw that there was just too much vibration. after getting the K-Edge I then did the same again and it was much easier to make out that level of detail.

+1 on the K-Edge - I use a handle bar and a saddle mount - superb kit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Cheers for the feedback. There's a lot of k-edge mounts out there. Which one suits the Cycliq best? Also, are there any deals on them anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Cheers for the feedback. There's a lot of k-edge mounts out there. Which one suits the Cycliq best? Also, are there any deals on them anywhere?

Mod note: Please take recommendations to a separate thread, this thread is not for requests, it's for bargains, and bargains only!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Very cheap women's jacket, wind and waterproof, I know nothing about the brand but £10 bargain! :
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLAGLAWJ/agu-lana-women-jacket

And a £20 jersey:
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLALTSYNLS/altura-womens-synergy-long-sleeve-jersey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A few Altura women's stuff too cheap on planet x

https://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=altura+womens

Agu is a Dutch brand. Do panniers and clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭jayjbe

Cionn wrote: »
    Coming up as €72 for me.

I did see these tyres for €40 in Halfords recently, with the additional standard 10% AXA discount that you get just for asking it brings them to a reasonable value for a B&M store. I also saw there was no increase in price for the 28mm ones, which most online places add a few bucks on for.

Just checked Halfords. 28mm pair for 58euro with AXA. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Apologies, internet in my company defaults the shipping destination to USA. After switching back to Ireland I can see 72.... mods, please delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

5 Men's Jerseys for £40 - Lucky Dip

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/product-p/pol01-luck.htm

Postage usually expensive but some might like to chance their arm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Had a look at the Aldi stuff earlier, picked up a co2 pump and cartridges and a couple of the base layers. I'm usually a medium and looking at the loose ones on the shelf decided to go large and glad I did. Large was 42-44 chest and is snug on me with a 38'' chest. Seem to be of decent length though if you are a taller lad.

EDIT: The phone holders are massive !!!! Probably best to got for a top tube mount as I doubt many would want that bulk stuck out on their bars lol. They do look like they would resist a decent shower of rain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Ryath

If any one is looking for a handlebar bag for touring just got this delivered for €41 plus €9.80 for delivery Vaude Road 2 handlebar bag cheapest else where I could find was €72.40 delivered

They have a waterproof one for a few euros more. Vaude Aquabox . Would have preferred it but it wasn't in stock when I ordered it and I'm hoping to get away for a few days on the bike this weekend. I'm happy with the road 2 though is a little bigger has a few pockets. Rain cover is a bit of a faff but it will be fair weather touring in Ireland. I'll probably get an ortlieb if I'm heading of for a few weeks and my wife or daughter can use this bag.

Got a few other non cycling bits to get better value out of the delivery charge.

Rapha Canyon//Sram mens jersey down to £34 haven't checked the postage yet. Women's one still full price unfortunately.

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/men's-canyon-sram-core-jersey/product/CSE01XXMULMED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Rapha Canyon//Sram mens jersey down to £34 haven't checked the postage yet. Women's one still full price unfortunately.

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/men's-canyon-sram-core-jersey/product/CSE01XXMULMED

Have this, says 'UCI Women's Team's in fairly visible writing on the chest

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Just had a look, I can see why it's reduced!!🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Lots of other stuff reduced by 50%. Sizing a bit mixed tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

rushfan wrote: »
    Just had a look, I can see why it's reduced!!��

Thats very odd.........There isnt a mens team, yet they seem to be suggesting there is. Then, in the FAQs someone has questioned them on this point:

OddH
    · 2 years ago
    Is "UCI Womans team" printed on mens core jersey??

1 answer

Rapha_AW
    · 2 years ago
    Hi, the Men's Canyon/SRAM Jersey does feature the UCI Women's Team logo. It is the team issue design, in a men's fitting jersey.

???

It looks fairly rank in any case, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that model looks super depressed...

pity it got the womens team logo on it, otherwise it's the perfect so horrible its great type design

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

that model looks super depressed...

pity it got the womens team logo on it, otherwise it's the perfect so horrible its great type design

Womena logo is small t, I've this jersey and say it's supporting women's racing if anyone asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Ant+ and Bluetooth HRM (unit only) €14.75. Fits perfectly with Garmin/Polar straps and syncs with Garmin and phone.

https://www.decathlon.ie/heart-smart-running-en-s123665.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

^^^ I can't find a decent picture or details of it despite googling - how does that yoke work - is it something that clips on to an existing Garmin watch strap, or is it a watch-like thing by itself (with own wrist band etc)? Thanks!

positron wrote: »
    ^^^ I can't find a decent picture or details of it despite googling - how does that yoke work - is it something that clips on to an existing Garmin watch strap, or is it a watch-like thing by itself (with own wrist band etc)? Thanks!

Think this is it https://www.kalenji.co.uk/advice/cardio-running-how-guide-a_22386

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

positron wrote: »

It has the same studs at the back to fit standard garmin/polar/generic chest straps see:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/08/solution-to-heart-rate-dropoutsspikes.html

I used one today and it worked perfectly with a polar strap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement