Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just seen some Aldi bike workstands reduced to €19:99 in their Coolock store this afternoon.

They're a fantastic stand, I've mine a few years now. Its left outside in all weathers and its still rust/weathered free.

I was about to post the same,must be nationwide where they have stock left.€19.99 in Enniscorthy too and a few other bits and bobs of cycling stuff reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

py wrote: »
    Use the code wiggle4 for another 120 off.

Pay in gbp instead of euros and save another 20 or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Still... silly money compared to what you could save from China

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Masala wrote: »
    Still... silly money compared to what you could save from China

It's not really for one of these low profile ones in aluminium plenty of cheap plastic 9nes alright. I've bought plenty from China and the closest I found was the one from sports pursuit and that's around £12.

Still silly money though I think they're usually around €30

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

Worth comparing above 'Garmin Edge Out Front Bike Mount' with another Halfords web offer: 'Garmin Edge Extended Out Front Bike Mount'.
    Informative YouTube vid compares the differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Galibier have a rain bundle featuring the Tourmalet jacket, overshoes and gloves
    http://galibier.cc/product/tourmaletbundle/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Went to the Aldi on Kykemore Road and the Longmile Road on my lunch and the stand wasn't in either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

decent price for decent wheels Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40 Elite WTS Wheelset with Yksion Pro Clincher Tires - 2016 - chrome 950 euro:
    https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=140626;menu=1000,4,123,30

also available with white decals: https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=144207;menu=1000,4,123,30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Latest set of Zonda's for 295 euro!!!

They're 328 euro with ribble and use "COMP-10" voucher code to get another 10% off.

(Delivery is extra, depending on how convoluted a route you want to organise :))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Galibier have a rain bundle featuring the Tourmalet jacket, overshoes and gloves
    http://galibier.cc/product/tourmaletbundle/
    When I was deciding to go for the Tourmalet or Mistral Lite earlier in the year, I did a bit of research and iirc the boards user reviews weren't great for the tourmalet tbh - not breathable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Macy0161 wrote: »
    When I was deciding to go for the Tourmalet or Mistral Lite earlier in the year, I did a bit of research and iirc the boards user reviews weren't great for the tourmalet tbh - not breathable at all.

I have one. Not breathable. Not awful but not as breathable as you would hope for teh price.

I keep mine in the pouch at teh bottom of my rucksack with teh rain cover for my bag - it is very light and portable. have yet to decide it is worth taking out though - mainly because i will probably be wet before i can change anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

fat bloke wrote: »
    Latest set of Zonda's for 295 euro!!!

They're 328 euro with ribble and use "COMP-10" voucher code to get another 10% off.

(Delivery is extra, depending on how convoluted a route you want to organise :))

Campy freehub only but still a good price for them, if you use Campagnolo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

All 11 speed cassettes are compatible, you can use a campy 11 speed rear wheel with shimano or sram 11 speed derailleurs and shifters Would mean buying a campy cassette and they are expensive but no reason it shouldn't work after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

joey100 wrote: »
    All 11 speed cassettes are compatible, you can use a campy 11 speed rear wheel with shimano or sram 11 speed derailleurs and shifters Would mean buying a campy cassette and they are expensive but no reason it shouldn't work after that.

The price of an 11spd campy cassette would wipe out any savings and probably end up costing you more than if you just bought the shimano version and used your current cassette or bought a new 105 or Ultegra cassette.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Fian wrote: »
    I have one. Not breathable. Not awful but not as breathable as you would hope for teh price.

I keep mine in the pouch at teh bottom of my rucksack with teh rain cover for my bag - it is very light and portable. have yet to decide it is worth taking out though - mainly because i will probably be wet before i can change anyway.

I have one since they originally came out and couldn't really agree, the first thing to realise is that it's not one of those ultralight weight jackets that pack really well and are designed to go over what ever you have on if a shower comes, really it's a proper wet day jacket, sure it fits in a jersey pocket but if youre going to put it on for an extended period during a spin then really you'd want to be taking off some other layer.

Mine has done "that" famous Randonee (and the 2 since), a few WW200s, a trip to the Alps in September, and all conditions at home over the last 3 winters and is still going strong, though I did send it back to be re waterproofed (for free) with galibier, if you can find a better jacket at similar money then let us know, I'll be first in the queue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

20% off sportful and wiggle on most sites (wiggles, evans anyways) this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

thekooman wrote: »
    20% off sportful and wiggle on most sites (wiggles, evans anyways) this weekend

I love Sportful clothing and so check regularly for any bargains/reductions. I don't see any price difference with the supposed 20% off from what the prices were a few weeks ago and I see that the Groupetto jersey is €20 dearer than what I paid for one from Wiggle 3 months ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

Canyon have the Garmin 1000 bundle at €380. Seems decent value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I don't see any price difference with the supposed 20% off from what the prices were a few weeks ago and I see that the Groupetto jersey is €20 dearer than what I paid for one from Wiggle 3 months ago :rolleyes:

That's contary to retail laws around sales then? The practice of retailers and airlines around sales are astonishingly un-transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Picked up a packable MTB jacket in Aldi today, €9.99, windproff & water replelenet so will for misty n murky days on the road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    That's contary to retail laws around sales then? The practice of retailers and airlines around sales are astonishingly un-transparent.

Sportful Hot Pack 5 Vest has been priced around the €52 mark on Wiggle for some time. It's €61.41 in the sale! Never trust the word sale on those sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Zen0 wrote: »
    Sportful Hot Pack 5 Vest has been priced around the €52 mark on Wiggle for some time. It's €61.41 in the sale! Never trust the word sale on those sites.

Merlin are better for this type of discount. They have an extra 20% of most castelli stuff (on top of existing reductions, unlike wiggle who just have 20% off)

Good deal on Alpha jacket €137
    https://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-alpha-cycling-jacket-71493.html

Some stuff in Aldi this Thursday (July 6) Some bib shorts among the items. Anyone ever tried them from Aldi?

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-07-06

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Not the usual fare for this thread, but David Millar's Racing Through the Dark on Kindle is reduced to £0.99 at the moment.

Some stuff in Aldi this Thursday (July 6) Some bib shorts among the items. Anyone ever tried them from Aldi?

I don't know anything about the shorts but Aldi are usually pretty good about taking stuff back, as long as you don't return them filthy I'd say you'd have no issues if you bought them and they didn't suit you.

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, Canyon's TDF time sale is on, some decent looking reductions.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/specials/breakaway/sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

nilhg wrote: »
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere, Canyon's TDF time sale is on, some decent looking reductions.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/specials/breakaway/sale/
    Some of those bikes look like amazing value! Have been toying with upgrading from 2012 AL6.0 for ages. Anyone any thoughts between Endurance AL7 and CF7/8/9? Factoring in the€500 bike to work "discount" the price's seem unbeatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I have a couple of pairs of them that I use as winter or turbo shorts. I got them for a fiver each or something at some stage. They are better than I expected them to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement